Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simplism Games Simplism Games
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print
New personal records vol. 2 (Read 125497 times)
TBDMfan

Re: New personal records vol. 2
Reply #225 - Sep 24th, 2023 at 5:43pm

Just got a 116.17 with 93 left and 63 right clicks at 1.38 clicks per second

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #226 - Sep 27th, 2023 at 10:51pm

11.12 on intermediate, another 11 and several 12s today. Here's to hoping for a 10 or even a 9...

IP Logged

morpheus_303
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #227 - Sep 28th, 2023 at 10:39am

Well done, Fritz!

That's really close to 10: can you tell me about INT playing style (left/right clicks)?

Especially in GEN I find it hard to judge what board is worth trying: high numbers like 8-20 are probably an advantage but made the experience that's also important mines are spreaded well over the board. Can you give me an advice what are promising boards and what percentage you dicide to play?

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #228 - Sep 28th, 2023 at 11:53am

For intermediate the fastest strategy is to not use flags and solve like this:

Solve the outer edges of the board going around in a circle. Use guessing if neccessary. Stick to the same starting point and the same assumptions when guessing in order to solve this without slowing down to think. You are going to lose a lot if not most games this way but if you're trying to be as fast as possible it's worth it. The games you lose this way will be lost early and not cost too much time overall. The games you get to continue past this starting phase will usually be much easier and quicker to complete.

Then solve column by column. It's up to you whether you only use logic for this or make occasional guesses to save a bit of time. The more guesses you make the fewer boards you will win but it might be worth it after coming within a second of your record for the twentieth time.

For genius I usually just look for a solvable outer edge. Some days I only play boards with a solvable top or bottom row and some other days I try to get a board started by guessing one or two safe squares on an outer edge. I don't have any specific strategy for genius beyond the start of the board except that occasionally I remember to not use flags during the last 5-10 seconds of the game to hopefully save a second or two.

IP Logged

morpheus_303
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #229 - Sep 28th, 2023 at 3:17pm

Thank's for your advice!

On INT you're answer is like expected! I just checked my 2x18sec vids: one has 60 flags and the the other 62 flags so it's probably no suprise I can't improve. The Problem ist that this is my playing style for about 600 hours an that makes it hard to switch to your complete different (faster) style.

On GEN I remember watching some youtube vids of you where you play exactly the way you discribe. For me the best garanty to solches the board is a promising line somewhere in top as well as on the button (about 1 out of 100 boards) but that doesn't mean these are fast boards. I hate to be forced to but looks I should take more Tisch according your advice! I wish there would be something like 3bv for Nono, too! Grin
Regards

IP Logged

morpheus_303
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #230 - Sep 28th, 2023 at 3:21pm

Sorry for using "secret language": my mobile phone only speaks German and chances amost every word I write...

Undecided

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print