Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simplism Games Simplism Games
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print
New personal records vol. 2 (Read 125533 times)
Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Re: New personal records vol. 2
Reply #210 - Nov 18th, 2019 at 6:50pm

Congratulations, EWQM. Shocked. 115 is out of reach for me Undecided (and most others as well, I think Wink, Lutz, however, could be the exception).

These days, I wanted to test my genius skills a little bit. Got a 195 first which is ridiculous in terms of EWQM.'s times, but also is #4 of my all-time genius times and my first sub-200 since 2007 Cheesy. And a 180.56 afterwards, this is a tied #2 of my all-time genius times Cool.
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2019 at 5:31pm by Stephan »  

IP Logged

morpheus_303
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #211 - Jun 21st, 2020 at 2:20am

Finally managed to score sub 20 on INT ( 19.75 sec).

@hexx I don't want to take position on the cheating discussion but you're wrong about this: "morpheus_303" isn't a fake profile. I'm Andreas from Switzerland and met Stephan in Vienna and Fritz in Zurich personally (minesweeper tournaments).

IP Logged

Daniel
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #212 - Jun 22nd, 2020 at 8:27pm

Congrats on your first sub20! Welcome to the club!

IP Logged

morpheus_303
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #213 - Jun 23rd, 2020 at 12:02am

Thanks Daniel! I'm unable to reach your record times on intermediate but in genius I hope to make progress soon.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #214 - Jul 4th, 2020 at 5:40pm

Congrats @morpheus_303 to your sub20. I just visited the forum after some weeks again and found my name Wink. And yes, if you are Andreas from Switzerland, I remember you (with a little help from this great historical documentation - oh my god...). Then, you didn't compete in the Nono tournament unfortunately Tongue.

IP Logged

morpheus_303
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #215 - Jul 5th, 2020 at 8:45am

Thanks Stephan! Yes I'm regretting not to participate in the nonosweeper tournament in Vienna but then I had no idea how this great game works!

Would be nice if nowadays more people would still playing: I'm feeling somehow 10 years behind and the strage thing is I'm not so young anymore Sad

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #216 - Aug 16th, 2023 at 11:40pm

Well, it has been quite a few years since I last played this game and to my surprise I haven't slowed down much if at all.

I resumed playing a bit here and there around 2 weeks ago and have since managed a 119 (tied 5th PB) on Genius and just now a 47.76 on Expert (5th PB, previously a 48).

Flag: 33 clicks
Safe: 60 clicks
Total: 93
Clicks/sec: 1.95

IP Logged

morpheus_303
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #217 - Aug 17th, 2023 at 3:24pm

Hi Fritz, impressive scores after such a long break!

Daniel:  well done! GEN sub 200 is what I'm looking for:
              September 29th 2020 I messed up with the last click
              and since then I was to stupid and missed a couple
              opportunities, especially in the year 2022.  Cry

greetings also to nikolaj & maruda

IP Logged

Daniel
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #218 - Sep 1st, 2023 at 6:23am

morpheus_303 wrote on Aug 17th, 2023 at 3:24pm:
Hi Fritz, impressive scores after such a long break!

Daniel:  well done! GEN sub 200 is what I'm looking for:
              September 29th 2020 I messed up with the last click
              and since then I was to stupid and missed a couple
              opportunities, especially in the year 2022.  Cry

greetings also to nikolaj & maruda

Thank you! Also got a 64 on exp last night after a few near misses in the mid-low 60s. Haven't been able to play as much in the last few weeks but the progress has been pretty nice. Also pushing the envelope for "most time between best times" with 12 years between exp PBs (broken earlier this year with my first sub-70). My 2010 int PB will be tough to beat though, especially since I'm not playing it much now.

IP Logged

morpheus_303
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #219 - Sep 2nd, 2023 at 10:17am

Daniel: grats! For me, you are clearly player of the year. It reminds me of last year when I had succes, too. But this year is very disappointing  so far... I'm wondering if you can brake the one minute barrier? This would bei huge: my chances are arround 5%, quite unlikely. Regards

IP Logged

Daniel
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #220 - Sep 9th, 2023 at 2:11am

I don't think it's likely at the moment, I did lose one that would have been about 62 a few weeks ago but that feels like the limit right now, would need to start getting below 70 more consistently before I'd think sub-60 is possible

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #221 - Sep 10th, 2023 at 10:33pm

Just lost a game on genius at 111.23 seconds with 4 safe squares and 6 unflagged mines left.

IP Logged

morpheus_303
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #222 - Sep 11th, 2023 at 2:39pm

I know this feeling too well! What do you think is the equal for minesweeper exp 30 sec / 40 sec? Must be something like Gen 108 sec / 144 sec I suppose (sorry for the stupid sperlling mistakes in my prior post) Undecided

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #223 - Sep 15th, 2023 at 10:23pm

morpheus_303 wrote on Sep 11th, 2023 at 2:39pm:
I know this feeling too well! What do you think is the equal for minesweeper exp 30 sec / 40 sec? Must be something like Gen 108 sec / 144 sec I suppose (sorry for the stupid sperlling mistakes in my prior post) Undecided

I'm sorry, but I don't think I have played nearly enough Nonosweeper compared to how much pratice it took me to reach sub40 on Minesweeper Expert. So, any of my estimations here are likely off by quite a bit.

If compared to other top Minesweeper players, I don't think I'm exceptionally fast at clicking and recognising patterns. Instead, I'm just very consistent at both clicking and finding where to click next, which is why in Nonosweeper Genius level feels less rushed than Expert or Intermediate.

For a rough estimate of what a sub40 on Minesweeper Expert would be like on Nonosweeper Genius I'd guess sub100. For sub30 I'd say sub75.

This site's pool of players is tiny, especially compared to the tens of millions of people who have played a game of Minesweeper at some point and probably thousands of players over the years who have made a serious effort of trying to be fast at Minesweeper. It's more than likely that the fastest Nonosweeper times are still far away from what could be achieved if someone took it as seriously as Minesweeper.

That being said, I just lost a game at 102.54 seconds with 8 unflagged mines and 5 safe squares left. Probably would have been done with 3 or 4 more safe clicks. Unfortunately I got carried away listening to a video playing in the background and clicked left instead of right and hit a mine. It could have been a 106 seconds record...

IP Logged

morpheus_303
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #224 - Sep 16th, 2023 at 2:34pm

Thank's Fritz for sharing your interesting though. After my post I made some calculations that lead me to the result that the factor must be between 3.0:3.6 (MW Exp versus Nono Gen). But you go for a factor of just 2.5 what is really low in my opinion.

For MW Exp versus Nono Exp I think it's between 1.1:1.3 but you probably go for 1:1? For both I compared my scores and those of the best players as well: but I have practiced MW around 8000 hours and Nono around 3000 hours but this doesn't change a lot because I reached my limits anyway...Embarrassed

But you got a point that MW is played by 100x (1000x?) more people.

Regards

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 
Send Topic Print