Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simplism Games Simplism Games
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Tournaments vol. 3 (Read 37334 times)
TBDMfan

Re: Tournaments vol. 3
Reply #105 - Feb 6th, 2020 at 5:47pm

Hey Stephan,

I tried the classic strategy for a bit but quickly gave up when even games that felt super fast were still quite a bit slower than your time. Too bad you didn't get to play more. With that single first game of yours being so fast it probably would have been very competitive.

Your time in S97T4 was, as expected Wink, amazing. Congratulations! You had me playing until 2 in the morning trying to beat your time at the very last moment.

Don't worry about your joke Smiley

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #106 - Feb 10th, 2020 at 6:31pm

S97T4 was very low density. I was very happy that at least on this type of boards, I can be competitive. Would have had an 11.65 as well, so 11.05 was not only a lucky coincidence. And sorry for stealing your night Smiley, but I prefer not be beaten at the very last moment. Always a disappointing Sunday morning then Tongue

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #107 - Feb 16th, 2020 at 11:45pm

In a more equal playing setting (i.e both of us spending the same amount of time on a tournament level instead of me spending way too many hours each week) you'd be competitive on almost every board except those that take extremely long to finish. On smaller or generally faster boards you're still the best.

S97T7 was quite interesting. I didn't really follow any special strategy and got that 120 rather easily. I guess pracitcing Genius level really paid off here. For S97T8 I am pretty much done. That sub4 was only possible with 4 of the squares being close to each other near the left edge and the other 3 squares ebing in a single line near the right edge. I'm sure it's a difficult time to beat but with an equally lucky board I have no doubt you can do it.

S97T8 also has as an interesting/fun/unfun aspect to it: In order to secure the season I either would have needed to not play at all or beat a time of around 50 seconds.

P.S. I can assure you that I won't be playing as much next season and especially very few or even no Saturday nights at all. Sorry to have dampened your mood some Sunday mornings Undecided

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #108 - Feb 17th, 2020 at 6:45pm

I also often spend too much time (i.e. 2-3 hours a week) for a T board.

S97T7 didn't pay off for me at all. I don't like Genius-style, so I was way to slow to see the good patterns Embarrassed and too impatient to wait for a perfect board.

S97T8: 3.42 is awesome fast. Got a sub4 now, 3.76 with a good, but not perfect arrangement of mines. So, I have some hope that I can do better.

My Sunday morning mood doesn't only depend on Nono results, luckily Cheesy. And it's just a matter of expectations. If I expected you that had beaten me during the night, the surprise was a very positive one if that didn't happen Roll Eyes. And btw, it is always more fun to compete and to lose than not to compete at all.

IP Logged

Daniel
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #109 - Jun 15th, 2020 at 6:24am

Happy season 100, everybody. Fun to be participating in these again, even if I'm a bit slower than I used to be.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #110 - Jan 28th, 2021 at 6:36pm

With season 103 being over, so there have been exactly 100 seasons in division mode since June 2005 Shocked.

It was a long time with those 800 tournaments, with different players at the top, rising stars and others that retired. As a fan of statistics, it is quite a nice coincidence that I managed to get #1 or #2 in division 1 exactly 500 times Cool. And it seems I have missed only 14 boards in all those years, phew. Maruda submitted a time for 693 boards and accompagnied myself in being part of division 1 in all 100 seasons. EWQM. (66), Lutz (63) and Caren (57 in div. 1, but 97 in total) follow. BoBo has competed in 99 seasons, but missed the last one.

The season 103 had only 8 competitors, had one board that didn't allow time submissions and one nearly unsolvable board with 700+ winner time. Weird one.
How many seasons will these tournaments stay alive? Will be funny to see whether division 1 merges into division 0 once there are less than 8 players Undecided. The game deserves more players to play actively, but mouse games tend to lose against cellphone apps nowadays, right?

Curious whether anyone still reads the forum to comment my thoughts Cheesy

IP Logged

Lutz
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #111 - Jan 29th, 2021 at 4:56pm

Funny, shortly before your post, Stephan, I had also checked my statistics and noticed that I have been playing Nonosweeper since June 2009. I really didn't expect to be around for almost twelve years now. Shocked

Your numbers are of course even more impressive, congratulations on so much stamina! And of course I should have congratulated you a few weeks ago on a fantastic season 102 ... very well done!

Yes, S103T6 was a crazy board but I kind of loved it. I played 25h+ (and slept far too little) but was only able to complete a single board.

I also think it's a shame that there are hardly any players left. Well, we live in the age of smartphones. And new players are likely deterred by the $ 12.95 cost for the Pro version.  Undecided

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #112 - Jan 30th, 2021 at 1:16pm

@Lutz: Thanks Smiley. S102 was special (even if I had managed to get 64 points once before, in S88), as from S101/T7 till S103/T1, I managed a 11-win streak which is a new personal best.

I didn't love S103/T6 at all, but I knew I should get a time submitted to have a chance in season's total Smiley. Stopped immediately after I managed to finish one game, but spent maybe 3-4 hours for that.

Valid point with the Pro fee Undecided.

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #113 - Feb 7th, 2021 at 9:53pm

Hi Stephan, hi Lutz. It's great to see the site is still around and the weekly tournament are still happening. I am mostly back to playing Minesweeper these days over at minesweeper.online. Every so often someone in the chat asks what 3BV is or happens to look up my name on Youtube and then finds a Nonosweeper video.

IP Logged

Gene M
YaBB Newbies

2-21-68-172

Southeast USA
Reply #114 - Feb 25th, 2021 at 2:24am

Funny how time goes by... I looked back at all my best times and they were almost all from 15 years ago... I know that I was playing for some time before that. I've had fun getting my butt kicked by you guys all these years! Wink I don't plan on quitting any time soon as long as Yariv will keep the tournaments going!

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #115 - Aug 21st, 2021 at 1:39pm

S107_T6 has been changed to these specs: Grid: 37 x 30. Mines: 999 (instead of error-creating 1070 before). Submission period has been extended till 2021-08-28. A big thank you to Yariv for changing this!

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #116 - Jan 2nd, 2022 at 10:18am

Happy New Year, dear Nonosweeper community!

In the last 17 years, 878 Nonosweeper tournaments took place. I submitted times for 862 of them. But now, it's enough. I'll retire with immediate effect.

Lutz, the way is set for you to score 64 points in one season Wink. But maybe, Maruda or Chronic will interfere?!
Maruda, it was a long common journey for the two of us, from the very first tournament until today, with 106 seasons together in Division 1 Smiley.

Good luck to everyone who is playing this fascinating game! Happy sweeping!

IP Logged

Lutz
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #117 - Jan 4th, 2022 at 1:31pm

I wish you all a Happy New Year too!

I am very sorry to see you go, Stephan. Cry It has always been a pleasure for me to compete with you. Your ability to solve most board types extremely fast often motivated me to improve my strategies. However, I can understand a certain fatigue after all those years. As for my part, I will keep going a while longer, though.

Take care and all the best!

IP Logged

Maruda

I really love this game;D

Havirov, Czech republic
Reply #118 - Jan 30th, 2022 at 8:43am

Hey Stefan, it was always pleasure to fight against you, especially in live tournament. It's really sad to see you retiring, but I understand. Last few years I usualy play only few games a week with standard genius mouse. Gone are those times when I used "profi" device Smiley
Wish you all the best in your life after nono. Now when Yariv became czech citizen, I cannot retire Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print