Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Tournaments vol. 3 (Read 37413 times)
Lutz
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Re: Tournaments vol. 3
Reply #90 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 4:01pm

@Stephan: Congrats on your fabulous 64 points. Well done!

Yes, I was on vacation as well but returned today. I wonder what you can still do on this week's T board. I got several sub 140 s pretty fast and am quite jetlagged so I think there is still room for improvement (however, not on my side).

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #91 - Oct 21st, 2018 at 8:50am

Not on my side as well. I don't like the big boards with medium density. So, congrats on your impressive win in T2 (and your very challenging time in T3)  Smiley

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #92 - Oct 24th, 2018 at 12:41am

Hey guys, great to see you're still showing incredibly good performances every week. Congrats on finally getting these 64 points! Well deserved after all these years!

As far as taking a few weeks off goes, I think I might be done with Nonosweeper for good. I will probably still drop by every few weeks or months but don't count on me to return to the tournaments.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #93 - Oct 28th, 2018 at 10:02am

@EWQM.: Bad news that you retire from tournaments. Was always a pleasure to compete with you. I can understand your step as I am also wondering how long I will continue. Maybe I can reach 200 wins and stop then Undecided.

Season 89 is possibly going to be one of the toughest in last few years. After three tournaments played, we have five players within a range of 10 to 18 points collected. Of course, it can still get boring if Lutz finishes the season with 7-0-0-0-0-0-0-0 after missing T1 Grin.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #94 - Mar 23rd, 2019 at 1:48pm

Phew! S91T8 is awesome. Nearly unsolvable, lots of guesses.

@Lutz: I fought hard today to get a single time onto the scoreboard Cheesy.
Lost one board at 435 by unlucky guess. I hate 50-50 situations Angry. 5 mines wrong, but mine arrangement would have suited to the patterns on the rims as well as the real solution.
Had lost another before by unlucky 50-50 with only 3 mines to arrange at 712.

IP Logged

Lutz
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #95 - Mar 23rd, 2019 at 3:56pm

Stephan wrote on Mar 23rd, 2019 at 1:48pm:
Phew! S91T8 is awesome. Nearly unsolvable, lots of guesses.

@Lutz: I fought hard today to get a single time onto the scoreboard Cheesy.
Lost one board at 435 by unlucky guess. I hate 50-50 situations Angry. 5 mines wrong, but mine arrangement would have suited to the patterns on the rims as well as the real solution.
Had lost another before by unlucky 50-50 with only 3 mines to arrange at 712.

Yeah, this board is tough. Success depends very much on board selection, I think.

I solved two boards: 595 s (with one 50/50 guess at the end) and 440 s (three or four guesses with minor risk).

Btw: The points table doesn't seem to be correct. You should have 49 points by now, two more than me.

Edit: Right after I posted this I got an unexpected 371. Played with no pressure, just tried to improve speed if possible. Just one or two unrisky guesses. Now I will stop playing. Wink
« Last Edit: Mar 23rd, 2019 at 4:57pm by Lutz »  

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #96 - Mar 24th, 2019 at 9:24am

371 is a decent time.

I hadn't noticed the points issue so far. I checked, the points granted for S91T5 are weird. Mostly double points (16 for #1, 12 for #2), but e.g. no one with 6/3 points. I've written to Yariv, hope, he can correct this. I don't want to win the season with wrong calculations.

So, congrats to Lutz who should have won the season with points being equal, but having the lower total time.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #97 - Apr 1st, 2019 at 6:14pm

Yariv has corrected the points of S91T5. So, points tables should be correct now. And as predicted, Lutz is now listed as season winner. Congratulations!

IP Logged

Harryck Repse

Reply #98 - May 10th, 2019 at 11:28pm

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #99 - Sep 26th, 2019 at 2:14pm

Congratulations to Chronic - very decent time on a difficult board, so a well deserved first T win Cheesy!

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #100 - Dec 29th, 2019 at 10:23pm

Fun fact: Season 96 was the first time a season was won with only 6 participations but still not the overall fewest points to win a season.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #101 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 7:54am

Unfun fact Wink: Since EWQM. returned, he won every single tournament in which he submitted a time. 10 times, 3 skipped. He seems to be unbeatable Sad.

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #102 - Jan 12th, 2020 at 11:40am

Slightly less unfun fact: For each of these 3 boards I skipped I was 100% convinced you or Lutz were too good to beat Wink

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #103 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 11:06am

My strategy for S97T3: Skip boards until you get one with few numbers but many mines in the left or right column. Solve/guess this outer column. Then solve/guess the top or bottom row and from there on start solving rows. Try to solve parts of the other outer column as you progress through the rows. I found that this takes a bit longer untill I can solve a board but the solving time itself is much quicker.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #104 - Jan 26th, 2020 at 8:23am

Hi EWQM., interesting strategy in S97T3. I would have preferred the historical Int strategy (solving all four edge rows/columns). With the high mine density of that board, I guess it would have been possible. But due to lack of time, I played only a single game... Wouldn't have beaten your time anyway Smiley

And I want to apologize for my "Unfun fact" post. It was not really fair after all. It was just the disappointment to be too slow again and again. Thank you that you submitted in S97T4, even if my time was fast enough this time Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print