Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simplism Games Simplism Games
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Cheat (Read 14417 times)
Harryck Repse

Cheat
Aug 21st, 2016 at 2:24am

Sorry, I cheated all these years. See my comment in the minesweeper.info guestbook.

If someone is in touch with Yariv I'd like to be removed from the site.

IP Logged

Harryck Repse

Re: Cheat
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 4:25am

Hexx called me out correctly here: http://www.simplismgames.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1449416778/17#17

I can't access my email so I can't get into my Youtube channel or download nonosweeper to update my profile. My full post is here: http://www.minesweeper.info/guestbook.html

Apologies for all my cheating over the years.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #2 - Aug 25th, 2016 at 9:08pm

It is not a big surprise, at least not for hexx Wink.

But at least, it is disappointing that you submitted (also faked?) times for 181 tournaments and so manipulated rankings, wins and relegations.

I can try to reach Yariv whether he can delete your standard times and if possible (and relevant) your tournament times as well.

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #3 - Sep 19th, 2016 at 10:15pm

What were your strategies for S75T5? Which times do you think would be possible if it were a standard level? I lost some games that could have been around 190 seconds but given enough time and a nice board even 170 seems possible.

It took me rather long to switch form starting with a solvable edge column to starting with a solvable edge row. After that I tried to stick to solving rows for as long as possible using both left and right clicks.

IP Logged

Lutz
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #4 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 6:08pm

I agree, 170 should be possible if you play long enough. Concerning strategies, I'm not very innovative. On such boards I always start solving the very left column and go on with the adjacent columns (left and right clicks). It's more difficult for me to solve rows and even impossible to start on the right side because I'm not at all precise when I have to move the mouse "the wrong way". Anyway, interesting to read that you got faster by solving rows.

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #5 - Sep 24th, 2016 at 9:58pm

I find so weird to see someone talking about T board strategy in a "cheat" topic thread, doesn't make any sense at all...

Anyway my first words are for Harryck:
Tell me something i really don't kown, for instance, how the hell you cheat?
Because if your goal was to built a solid and unsuspicious nono career you failed completely!
I had my eyes on you ever since you started to emerge as a top player. Here are the facts (based in your vids):

Beginner: You got 0.99, 1.06x2, 1.08 and 1.09 on 4 3BV ordinary boards, all completed in 4 clicks.
                      There is no "zero row" or even a  "1 edged mine row" or any kind of large "safe blocks".

Verdict
: Huge CHEAT.

Int: You got 9.18, 9.79, 10.34 and 10.87 on "over 23" 3BV horrible boards, all completed in "over 29" clicks.
                      These stats are overwhelming and you also got 8.79 with no vid or pic available!

Verdict
: Stupid CHEAT.

Exp: You got 45.44 and 59.78 on horrible boards, both finished with blue click which is an unusual way to make sub-50s, especially if you left                         behind 8 safe squares!!!!!
                       Even more important, your exp strategy and pattern analysis is so poor (if exists?) cause you are completely lost in the middle of the grid.

Verdict
: Insanely CHEAT.

Genius and T: No genius info available and 2 T vids that need no words....

Verdict
: CHEAT and more CHEAT.

In the end, you never fooled me and by cheating you are just fooling yourself cause nonosweeper is only a game.

However if you think you were the only one who cheated and manipulated events in this community, you are completely mistaken!!!
Here is the list of top players who cheated in one way or another:

Gero Waelz: This person accused me of cheating when i broke his 16s WR on Int, but in the end the cheater was him!?
He broke Genius WR several times from 164s way down to 137s, but it is possible that all these scores are cheat. I've a few of his genius vids and there is no doubts that he "overclicks".
In his first 137s (WR) he did 161+157=318 clicks, too much for a genius grid. Overclicking and fast times don't FIT so he cheated.
Plus, his skill is a bit limited for this level and shows no strategy at all, he just plays randomly.

Gero also cheated on Expert.
He set WR with 52s and 47s and both are cheat. However he his far better player on Exp than Harryck.
In his 52s WR vid he overclicks just a bit but misflags several times and in one accasion he misflags and remove the flag twice!!!!!
The strategy he used is so simple that combined with misflags make impossible to set such score.
Finally, his 47s WR is similar to Harryck 8.79s, no vid or pic and cheat as well. Gero doesn't worth that much for sure.

Roland Seibt:I believe Roland cheated on beginner.
He could make 1s easily, but when he did 1.27s WR he was problably "speeding up" his scores. By that time he also achived 1.42s in 7 clicks (4.93 clicks/s) and 1.77s in 9 clicks (5.08 clicks/s). The 4.93s clicks/s is too good to be true.
Roland also set 11.39s WR on int, but in this case i believe it was a legit score cause the 3BV (16) is low.

Finally, the last but not least:

EWQM: Allow me to introduce you the Big Fat Cheater of this community.
EWQW his Harryck Repse v2.0. He holds more finess and style than Harryck, he is not interested in the highlights of breaking WR in standard levels but when it comes to T he simply achieves unreachable scores and wins T seasons with "large gaps". All of this is fake, here are the facts (based in his vids):

Exp: EWQM top 3 is 49.04 (88+90=178 clicks), 50.37 (91+90=181) and 51.93 (87+90=177).
WAIT!!!!....... WHAT!?!? 91 flag clicks and 90 safe clicks!!! Jesus, help me, how can someone click so much and yet make Sub50s!? CHEAT of course....

Genius: EWQM top 2 is 127.34 (80+152=232) and 128.18 (73+155=238).
The flag clicks is OK but he overclicks too much in safe squares.
He also plays randomly with no strategy and even more interesting, he can solve genius in less flag clicks than on expert!!!! PURE CHEAT

T: On T , EWQM has no limits, he manipulates everyone and everything, he simply does "whatever he wants" in order to fulfill his desire to play.
All EWQM's T wins and T Season wins are a big piece of SHIT...
What really surprises me is, how the hell someone can cheat so much for so long!? where is the fun!?

That's all i want to say by now.

IP Logged

Lutz
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #6 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 11:23am

"In his first 137s (WR) he did 161+157=318 clicks, too much for a genius grid. Overclicking and fast times don't FIT so he cheated." (Gero) ... I don't know. My 122s was 154 + 152 = 306 clicks so I would say much clicks and fast times DO fit given a nice board and lots of experience.

Besides, I'm not convinced that EWQM is a cheater. Of course, his scores are sometimes incredible but I always considered them possible. Just watched his 127s genius board for the first time ... looks perfectly normal to me, I can't see random play "with no strategy" as I play similarly.

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #7 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 1:53pm

Hexx, the question about strategy was obviously meant to be in the tournaments topic. It's almost always the one at the top with the latest reply.

About the cheating accusation: Unlike you, I have been in person at a Nonosweeper competition (I even organised it) where Stephan and Christoph saw me play.

You claim that a high number of clicks is evidence for cheating. Well, that's bullshit! Just for your information: I got into Nonosweeper through Minesweeper were I was one of the fastest of all time. Throughout most of my 7 years of actively playing Minesweeper I did 5 or more clicks per second. The simple reason behind this was that a click in a safe area steadies your solving path/mouse movements a bit, gives you a tiny breather to think/look where to click next and most importantly keeps your clicking rhythm high for when you found where to do the next clicks. Part of this carried over to Nonosweeper.

About standard levels: I got my 5 1s on beginner and thus no longer need to play it. Kamil's advice to assume the left column is always a 6 and the empty spaces are leftmost helped a lot. With that it just became a tedious task waiting through several thousand lost boards. Not much fun, but overall rankings, duh.

On intermediate 11s is probably the best I'm capable of. As should be obvious from my 400 Nonosweeper tourmanet results and my Minesweeper reuslts, I can do fast clicking but don't have lightning fast reaction or super precision. This results in better times on larger, more complex boards and only decent times on medium or small boards. And even those only come with a lot of effort. Oh, and do you know about Hexx strategy? Intermediate becomes pretty boring after a while, if every solve is just the same.

About expert: Fun board dimensions. I play differently than you do and yet I am fast? Don't like it? Deal with it, dickhead! I can click faster than you and if that allows me to play a certain way, that's too bad for you. If you had been around the site as often as I was, you would have seen that my improvement came in a few waves of probably a few days to weeks each. In these intervals I played almost only expert, probably a few hours every day and made small but steady improvements.

About genius: See above for overclicking. About strategy: Genius is the only standard level where I don't feel that I constantly have to rush to not lose time. Thus it's the level I practise most and despite having slowed down overall since I shifted most of the time I spend playing Nonosweeper to speedcubing, I got a 135 just this week.

About tournaments: Large gaps are easy to explain: I probably used to put in way much more effort into tournaments than the rest. When I retired from minesweeper in 2013 it freed up a few hours every day and most of it went into Nonosweeper tournaments. I also used Stephan's page for pretty much every board to look up previous times on this or similar boards, kept track of when and how other division 1 players post their scores and tried several solving strategies throughout the weeks, keeping track which work best for a certain kind of board. With all this information it became rather obvious how much effort I needed to put into a certain board and when I had to post which time. For S75T5 for example I knew rather early that Lutz is as fast as I am if not faster. However, I also knew that he is unlikely to post a time in the last 8 hours and decided to throw in another playing session after midnight, where I eventually got the winning game.

My strategy for smaller/shorter boards where I can hardly compete with Stephan was this: Put in twice the effort of normal or long boards and take a few unforced guesses to save some time, Hold times until the very end if neccessary, hope to get an easy board or get lucky with the guesses.

General opinion on tournament strategy: I think the change to 8 different kinds of tournament boards per season benefitted me the most. Being good at genius level carries over to 2-4 boards per season, being able to use variations of hexx strategy helps greatly in 2-4 boards and 2-4 boards come down to fast/precise clicking but playing a whole lot usually allows for competitive results.

EDIT: fixed some typos - got 23.36 in S75T7 in literally the first game I completed, 0.85s faster than 2nd place https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFPm_LV3HW0

TL;DR: Nope, not a cheater, only put in a hell lot of hours.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #8 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 5:23pm

@hexx: I often got some anger about EWQM.'s T times, but never thought he might cheat.
As he wrote, we've met in Nono live tournament where he undoubtedly showed that he can click very fast. But - and this makes EWQM. a human - his times played in short session only were partly top of class. He won the T grids that were near to Expert style, but didn't win others with low density, big board with extremely high density, rectangular design et al. Especially on these grids, I think that fast detection of mines or free squares and quick mouse movement to a single square might be more useful than the ability to do lots of clicks in small amount of time.

And - unlike myself - EWQM. had won lots of tournaments just by waiting till Saturday evening to find out what time is necessary to win the T, given the fact that neither Lutz nor Maruda or myself regularly submit their best times on late Saturday evening CET or even on Sunday night CET.

Talking about large gaps: hexx, you must also be suspicious about myself, as two of the largest gap ever have been made in tournaments where I finished in #1: S62T8 with 26.71, which is only 61% of #2 time 43.71. And S71T5 with 46.00, which is only 62% of #2 time 74.54! But these are boards where my skills work best (while I'm too slow and too less trained for fast Expert-like or even Genius-like boards).

So, I don't really think that EWQM. cheated. He invested just much more time than hardly anyone else.
Btw, I don't think that Gero (met him on a Nono tournament 10 years ago where he showed his ability for fast times) or Roland (the int 11 is an easy one; for the 1s on beginner, I assume that he also played a lot in EWQM.'s tactics to hunt for special mine arrangements) cheated.

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #9 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 4:03pm

Earlier today there was a post by Harryck but now it's gone. What happened? What did it say?

IP Logged

Harryck Repse

Reply #10 - Sep 29th, 2016 at 8:47pm

Posted a drunken response and deleted it ... I'll repost basically what I was saying

yes I cheated, hexx is right. I sped up the timer 1.3x, so my beginner score was actually around 1.29. I did the same speedup on tournament boards.

I have a really hard time believing EWQ has cheated. I can't speak for Gero or Roland because they're before my time, but EWQ possibly has more passion for minesweeper and nonosweeper than anyone else and has put in a lot of hours over the past several years. He's also been to live minesweeper tournaments, and I think it would be difficult to convince good sweepers that you're better than you are. There's really nothing that jumps out as cheating to me about EWQ, perhaps Hexx you are right that his strategy could be optimized... I'm not knowledgable enough about this game to say if that's true, but I seriously doubt anyone would put so much time and effort into these games and slowly build up a cheated career over many years. While my opinion shouldn't be taken too seriously, I can only speak very highly about EWQ and believe he is one of the most trustworthy people in the minesweeper world.

I cheated because I was young, depressed and wanted some place to fit in... I was born in 1995 and started cheating on minesweeper when I was 11 because I was obsessed with numbers and wanted to be part of the statistics. I stopped cheating when I was 17 I believe, realized it was completely pathetic and was considering coming clean on minesweeper.info and here for the past few years. Ironically I run some websites and participate in a lot of communities now and I'm very honest about my skill level there. I have no desire to cheat and think it's the most pathetic thing you can do.... I go out of my way to detect cheaters when I can, and because of my own cheating I think I've become good at detecting certain behaviors of cheaters. I've identified literally thousands of cheaters on the websites I run, and I believe cheating boils down to a feeling of inferiority and wanting to fit in somewhere, either to establish oneself as one of the best or simply as one of the crowd. A surprising number of people cheat mediocre scores simply to exist somewhere, others cheat scores near the top but not on the top, as I did at minesweeper.info so as to not seem too suspicious. Then the stupid ones cheat very obviously fake scores. In all I think it's incredibly hard to cheat and make it past the most talented and experienced members of a community; Hexx you called me out but it seems you are maybe too quick to call others out for cheating, but in my case I think others should have seen it too... it's difficult to emulate a high level of play on any game if you do not understand what it takes to achieve that high level of play. And I probably made many mistakes here, and possibly on minesweeper.info as well. But I'm drunk again and rambling here...

All I want is to be removed from the rankings. I won't check here often because I've moved on to other things but I'm sorry for misleading the community. Take care! apologies again
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2016 at 7:17am by Harryck Repse »  

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #11 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 8:33pm

@EWQM: What difference does it make if you don't know me personally and/or I never partiticipated in a live nono event!?
On the other hand, I'm the only player whose nono careear is fully documented in vids (since 2007) that show all the action and you have only a few based on nono recorder that don't show the mouse cursor....

Nobody teaches me how to play this game, not even you!
You may have many friends that support you and play many hours but stats never lie!
Low overclicking is a sign of skill weakness, high overclicking (hyperclicking) is a clear indicator of cheat. With 91+90=181 on exp (50.37s) your hyperclicking index is 1.006 clicks/square which means you did more clicks than squares available???? That's amazing and incredibly stupid.
Together with your genius stats it is the most bizarre thing i've ever seen here in nonoland! you can solve genius in less flag clicks than on exp!????
Can only be cheat or "legit unfair advantage"!?
You already know what my opinion is.

@Lutz: For the first time i have some info about you.
With 154+152=306 you are a hyperclicker too (1.02 clicks/square), in all categories (flags, safe and total). So I'm forced to put your 122s in my cheat list too. If by chance your exp stats are similar to those of EWQM (that's something i don't believe in) you are cheating as well.
Note that i've nothing against you or EWQM, i'm just analyzing solid evidence.

@Stephan: Yes, i've some suspicious about you and i bilieve the reverse is also true!?
Since the very begining of this game, everyboby is suspicious about ..... everybody!!!!
Remember the 20x20/20 T board? I won the first time with an incredibly easy grid but after that i couldn't beat you anymore. After that you broke my 7.93s several times and won everytime this board appeared. It was almost impossible to beat you on this type of boards.
I Started to ask myself: Why, his he boosting his performance!?

Another one was the 25x25/570. It's a recent board and your best (31.49s) is far better than my 41.80s.
How the hell is that possible!? This is a NF strategy grid, how can you beat me!?

One more, the 14x13/140. This one is the current T in play, still missing almost 2 days to deadline. However there is no doubt it will be another large gap from "the three musketeers". Quite honestly Stephan, i'm fed up of "large gaps".
We are now entering in a new nono dimension: I'm far better NF player than all off you and i can't prevail.
T lost the fun many time ago due to the 1.3x speedup.
I really don't know why I still play!?

That's all i want to say by now.

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #12 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 9:09pm

@hexx: You are making a fool of yourself.

"What difference does it make if you don't know me personally and/or I never partiticipated in a live nono event!?"

The simple difference that these participants have seen each other play and can thus vouch for their abilities. You however have never shown/proven your abilies face to face. Hence, this conclusion: Nikolaj, Maruda, Christoph and Stephan can vouch for each other, Christoph and Stephan have seen me play and I watched them play. And you, well, you can only speak for yourself. Maybe a bit more respect would be appropriate in your position.

"Nobody teaches me how to play this game, not even you!"

And neither do you. As simple as that. However, my conclusion from over 400 tournaments and lots of discussions with other Nonosweeper (and Minesweeper) players such as Stephan, Lutz, Manuel and both Mikes have made it obvious to me that there are several strategies and ways to play. I can adapt and learn. Can you?

"You may have many friends that support you and play many hours but stats never lie!"

Stats are numbers that can be interpreted. Your refusal to accept explanations and stubbornness to stick to your own conclusion is the problem here. Look at the stats from my over 400 tournaments and you will find that it's been a slight but gradual improvement that came from years of practice. Consider this: Lutz, stephan and I play mostly for the tournaments and for the current board and season only. Also consider that many other top players have stopped playing or are no longer playing at their fastest. At their full potential qqwref, Manuel, Christoph and Maruda could all easily snatch a tournament win from us three. Don't forget to consider the gaps on the standard levels when you mention the "large" gap between the top 3 and the rest.

"Low overclicking is a sign of skill weakness, high overclicking (hyperclicking) is a clear indicator of cheat. With 91+90=181 on exp (50.37s) your hyperclicking index is 1.006 clicks/square which means you did more clicks than squares available???? That's amazing and incredibly stupid."

No cheating, just fast and at times seemingly inefficient clicking.

"Together with your genius stats it is the most bizarre thing i've ever seen here in nonoland! you can solve genius in less flag clicks than on exp!????"

And you conclude this from exactly how many games? Must be an amazingly large sample size that allows you to draw such precise conclusions. As a matter of fact the 64 and 62 I got on expert today had around 100-120 clicks.

"Can only be cheat or "legit unfair advantage"!?"

Or a legit player whose play style is apparently incomprehensible to you. I can click fast, I can solve genius level at a moderately fast pace. I'm using the word moderately hecause 120-140s is nowhere near as fast as puzzles of such a size can be solved in, if people actually took genius level as serious as other puzzle games. Look at Minesweeper expert level or kwontomloop.

"@Lutz: For the first time i have some info about you.
With 154+152=306 you are a hyperclicker too (1.02 clicks/square), in all categories (flags, safe and total). So I'm forced to put your 122s in my cheat list too. If by chance your exp stats are similar to those of EWQM (that's something i don't believe in) you are cheating as well.
Note that i've nothing against you or EWQM, i'm just analyzing solid evidence."

Never met Lutz, he's listed on minesweeper.info though. Stats aren't unusual either. Tournament times have always been very consistent, hence no reason to suspect any cheating.

"@Stephan: Yes, i've some suspicious about you and i bilieve the reverse is also true!?
Since the very begining of this game, everyboby is suspicious about ..... everybody!!!!
Remember the 20x20/20 T board? I won the first time with an incredibly easy grid but after that i couldn't beat you anymore. After that you broke my 7.93s several times and won everytime this board appeared. It was almost impossible to beat you on this type of boards.
I Started to ask myself: Why, his he boosting his performance!?"

Me Stephan in 2010 and 2012. Seen him play Nonosweeper. 100% legit! Absolute beast on small boards. if he had put in as much time as I did, he would have won twice as many boards and seasons, even with me continuously holding scores until the last moment.

"Another one was the 25x25/570. It's a recent board and your best (31.49s) is far better than my 41.80s.
How the hell is that possible!? This is a NF strategy grid, how can you beat me!?"

Could it be that you are not the almighty god of Nonosweeper you seem to be convinced you are? Newsflash: You are not. Stephan is playing every week. How can you expect to come back once every few years and be faster than everyone else?

"One more, the 14x13/140. This one is the current T in play, still missing almost 2 days to deadline. However there is no doubt it will be another large gap from "the three musketeers". Quite honestly Stephan, i'm fed up of "large gaps"."

Ok, you're fine to leave. While in the past I would have loved to compete in div1 against you at your fastest, I can honestly say that I would not mind seeing you leave for a while.

Part 1 of the reply - Seems there is a character limit.

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #13 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 9:31pm

Part 2 of the reply to hexx:

"We are now entering in a new nono dimension: I'm far better NF player than all off you and i can't prevail."

Are you? Where is your sub20 then? Over the last half year I slowed down a lot (subjective view - one can always be faster) and still on a board that suits me as much as the current one I can easily get a 23 or better. Honestly, sub23 feels like it could have been done by at least 5 players in a hard fought season like a few ago.

"T lost the fun many time ago due to the 1.3x speedup."

It sounds like you were only in for the winning and not for the sake of the competition. Even when Harryck was winning by cheating, there was still enough competition between the remaining players. The competition against Lutz and Stephan over the past few years was great, since they are both always able to get amazingly good scores and often enough improve quite a bit on the last day of a tournament. Of course it's always nice to win and finish first, but if someone else is faster, you simply accept it and move on or at best take it as motivation to improve.

"I really don't know why I still play!?"

To return to this forum for ill-mannered rants? If you can't accept that your competition is fast and doesn't play exactly the way you expecting, maybe it's better if you go back into retirement from Nonosweeper.

@Stephan, Lutz, Mike and Harryck: Thank you very much for your support.

@all: While hexx' posts are annoying and couldn't be further from the truth, I think we can all just wait it out and there's no need to ban him. Just let him rant.

@Stephan and Lutz: Stephan wrote: "I often got some anger about EWQM.'s T times, but never thought he might cheat." - Don't think for just one second that it was never the other way round with your tournament times. Wink

@Harryck: We've (Mike and I and a few other people) been suspecting it ever since you didn't post videos of how you were doing clicks on your mouse or touchpad. There have also always been strong suspiciouns in Minesweeper (see Joni's report on Arbiter). As to why I have never publicly accused you of cheating: Too lazy and too concerned with my own playing. The way I handled potential cheaters in Minesweeper was to become fast enough to know where the reasonable limits of humanly achieveable records are. I tried the same with Nonosweeper tournaments and for the standard levels I was content with being faster than those I had met in person (Manu, Stephan, Christoph).

One question about coop-Minesweeper though: I remember you being a tough competitor for the most overall points. Did you cheat there too or was it just a large amount of games?

IP Logged

Harryck Repse

Reply #14 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 12:12am

@EWQ: I didn't cheat on coop minesweeper. I'm not a terrible player by any means, just not as good as I claimed to be. I probably have the second fastest beginner time on nonosweeper (1.29), as well as 11 on intermediate, and was definitely capable of pulling some wins on tournaments (both my recorded times on T boards were still victory times discounting the speedup) as well as a legit sub60 on minesweeper expert (though that's not saying much seeing as a ton of people can sub50)

Of course this shouldn't absolve me from cheating, because the scores I claimed to get were out of my reach. On coop minesweeper I could play with my real skill and it wasn't too suspicious. I also did some minesweeperlive, got pretty poor scores there, like upper 60s or lower 70s, but that wasn't enough to out me as a cheater.

I did use a touchpad on minesweeper and a regular mouse on nonosweeper, and I'm capable of clicking 18 times per second.

Regarding your reply to Hexx, I agree with everything you said, I do not believe that any of the regular players on nonosweeper are cheaters, and even though I'm not as good as I claimed to be I think I would still be able to identify cheaters. I already said who I believe has cheated on minesweeper.info (Shen-Jia Zhang, Stevan Gvozdenovic) and I would not hesitate to name anyone here, though it's probably not my place to be calling anyone out..

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #15 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 12:34am

If you have suspicions about someone else cheating here or on minesweeper.info, please share your thoughts with the rest. As long as it's a reasonable discussion and not something like hexx' posts, it's always worth talking about.

As you can see from your scores still beeing on both rankings, both communities can be somewhat lethargic at times. Trust me, getting something done over at minesweeper.info takes an incredible amount of effort. Getting lucky beginne r games excluded from the rankings was at least 50 hours of work for me, carefully watching many beginner replays, discussions on IRC and writing a report to the community about it. It still took a few months from the first time I mentioned my objection lucky beginner games until they got excluded. Banning Minesweeper Clone after I had stumbled upon "clonebug" took even longer, even though the inner circle of minesweeper.info initially responded very quickly to my first alert. Getting a "prominent" (as in ranked high/often talked about) name removed from the rankings for cheating at this point seems nearly infeasible. The best path of action I can think of would be to start a thread in the Minesweeper forum for each suspected player, discuss it with a clear deadline before the community votes on a decision.

About these 18 clicks per second: Can you still pull this of? If yes, I would be extremely interested in seeing an actual video of it. I used to be able to hold 6 clicks per second over several hours of playing Minesweeper but these days even 4 clicks per secondis tough on my wrist.

IP Logged

Harryck Repse

Reply #16 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 12:49am

Oh, there's no way I could get 18 c/s while actually playing a game, just by rapidly pressing the mouse in one spot. In game I could probably do at least 10 clicks per second but that wouldn't translate to extra speed or anything, just quick fatigue

Maybe I'll create some topics on minesweeper.info about players I suspect. I was curious why I'm still on the rankings. I can't be sure about Shen-Jia Zhang but I think it's fairly clear that Stevan's expert score is sped up, there's just nothing human about it.. and I'm one of the few people who believed Mohamed Bardouh was legit (I think you did too)

I used to have a lot more information but it's left my brain over the last few years that I've been away from these sites

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #17 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 1:03am

Incidentally I couldn't have been more wrong about Mo' Bardouh with my initial reaction. Fortunately his videos resolved all doubts about his abilities.

About Stevan and Zhang: This discussion is most likely better suited for minesweeper.info.

Out of curiosity: What time are you capable of the the current board, what would have been able to get at your best and where do you think is the limit? For me it's probably mid to high 19, high 17 and low 16

IP Logged

Harryck Repse

Reply #18 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 7:04am

Just looking at the dimensions and density I'd approach it like intermediate, I can't download nonosweeper anymore but I'd guess my potential is sub20 because that's the one type of board I'm decent at

IP Logged

Lutz
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #19 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 9:06am

hexx wrote on Sep 30th, 2016 at 8:33pm:
@Lutz: For the first time i have some info about you.
With 154+152=306 you are a hyperclicker too (1.02 clicks/square), in all categories (flags, safe and total). So I'm forced to put your 122s in my cheat list too.

Just think about it for a second: Why would I join this thread without having been adressed and post my stats, knowing you would accuse me right away of being a cheater? Maybe I click a lot, yes, but that might explain why I'm really fast only on big boards with medium density. Just observed my playing style for over an hour: I constantly click even when I'm just thinking. Don't know why, though. Maybe this helps me to stay calm.

hexx wrote on Sep 30th, 2016 at 8:33pm:
One more, the 14x13/140. This one is the current T in play, still missing almost 2 days to deadline. However there is no doubt it will be another large gap from "the three musketeers". Quite honestly Stephan, i'm fed up of "large gaps".

Yeah, I'm not only "musketeer no. 3" but also the world's least ambitious cheater (365 participations, only 21 T wins). Makes perfect sense.

Seriously, I don't know any of the other players personally. I don't even watch their vids. So why would I defend them? Because after spending more than 5,000 hours playing nonosweeper (EWQM and Stephan certainly invested a lot more) I just know that their scores are possible.

IP Logged

Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
Reply #20 - Oct 1st, 2016 at 4:09pm

Hi all. As you have probably noticed I haven't been active here for a long time, so I should take this opportunity to thank everyone for keeping the community going for so long. It's truly gratifying for me to know how dedicated you all are to the game!

@Harryk
I've removed your standard records and history. The tournament ones will have to stay because the points/divisions history won't make sense if someone is removed. I've blanked out your name and profile though.

@all
The accusations of cheating by other players seems to be getting out of hand. Suspicions about Harryk turned out to be correct so I can understand that mistrust toward other players might now be heightened as well, but please don't make accusations in the forums without proof. If there are suspicions but no clear-cut proof then I would encourage everyone to air their thoughts here while explaining their reasoning for everyone to discuss, and if several players agree that there's a case of likely cheating to investigate, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Obviously it can be very difficult to determine whether someone's actually cheating or not, but as has been pointed out, several of the players here have seen each other play in person and I don't find it plausible that they could all be cheating, so if they think times and methods are possible without cheating then I accept that because it's about all the evidence that we can get.
Given that, if anyone really believes that most of the top players are cheating, then unless they can find some proof, it would seem a bit of a waste of time for them to stay here - though personally I just hope that everyone will calm down and continue playing. Everyone is welcome as long as they don't cheat and are respectful in the forums Wink

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #21 - Oct 4th, 2016 at 5:34pm

Lutz wrote on Oct 1st, 2016 at 9:06am:
Because after spending more than 5,000 hours playing nonosweeper (EWQM and Stephan certainly invested a lot more) I just know that their scores are possible.

@Lutz: Was curious how much time I really invested...
- I currently have 16,369 screenshots of T boards which I finished and which I saved a screenshot of.
- I rounded up all times to the next full second, e.g. both a 1.01 or 1.99 will count as 2 seconds played. (This is a unprecise assumption but saving the screenshot definitely always took longer than the missing part of the full second Smiley ).
- The sum of these screenshots is 449,956 seconds.
- So, this is roughly 7,500 minutes or 125 hours.
- Unfortunately, this calculation doesn't take into account the time invested for unfinished games Embarrassed, but even with a finishing quota of 10% only, the total time would only be 1,250 hours.
- 5,000 hours by my ~600 participations would end up at more than 8 hours per grid. This is probably too much, at least in the last few years.
=> I think I invested less than 5,000 hours for Nono T boards. Maybe my wife wouldn't agree Wink.

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #22 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 7:15pm

@EWQM (Porthos): I still have a few things to say about you but taking into account Yariv's most recent words i won't say it.
Basically i already got what i wanted so it is useless to go further with this situation.

As a recap of our conversation i must tell you that i keep all the cheat accusations against you "Porthos" and Lutz (Aramis).
I was right about Harryk (D'Artagnan), i'm not wrong about YOU "Porthos".
Sooner or later you will "come out of the closet" like Harryk did!

As a side note, i can tell you that i'll resume playing on int and expert and upload any relevant scores achieved.
I'll also play every T in season 76 without uploading. Why?? cause there isn't real T competition anymore thanks to the "gentlemen agreement" between "the three musketeers".
Have a nice day.

I've nothing more to say.

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #23 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 8:53pm

@hexx: I won't lower myself to your level and call you a cheater in return. I frankly couldn't care less about the legitimacy of your scores. However, I hereby challenge you to prove your Nonosweeper abilities by video. This means a video that shows both the screen and the mouse.

I just filmed myself playing last week's tournament board. The video is currently uploading to youtube. It took me not even 3 minutes to get a 21.23 on the dimensions of S75T7, which is 1.14s slower than my winning time but still a bit faster than the next best time by Stephan. Considering the lack of warm up, slightly different setting (camera was placed on my desk on some boxes and Nonosweeper window was not in its usual place in the center of the screen), this should prove that you are mistaken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUSpuNvPHP4

EDIT: If you turn up the volume during the first 2 minutes you can hear Southpark on the TV in the background. The timer in the background is called qqtimer and is well known among speedcubers. The actual solve of the 21 starts at around 2:10 into the video. If you turn up the volume to hear the background sounds, I strongly recommend to turn it down once the 21 is solved, since I start talking at this point.

Now, seeing how I got a top reuslt with next to no effort, what will you show us in return? A sub50 on expert? Sub130 on genius? Sub13 on intermediate? Up for the challenge?

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #24 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 9:38pm

@EWQM.: The video is fine.
Listening to the mouse clicks, I'm quite sure that you clicked more often than necessary (sometimes twice on the same, already opened square, I think). If I am right, this might explain the - according to hexx's video studies - large number of clicks you had in other videos of fast games.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #25 - Oct 8th, 2016 at 11:22am

@EWQM./hexx: I have also recorded a video, showing my screen and my mouse - needed to hold the camera in my left hand, so sorry for the bad quality.
It's a 15.16 on S75/T8, which is not so far away from the 13 given the facts that a) I needed to hold the camera in my left hand so that I couldn't use F2 to start new games and b) it was after five minutes of playing only.

The video is available here: vid of screen and mouse (It's nearly 90 MB, so might take a moment to load).

@hexx: Hope this helps stopping with your arbitrary accusations.

IP Logged

Lutz
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #26 - Oct 9th, 2016 at 4:22pm

Nice.

I won't be able to play before tomorrow or maybe even Tuesday but then I will upload a video as well.

IP Logged

Lutz
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #27 - Oct 10th, 2016 at 6:28pm

Okay, here's the vid. Poor quality, sorry, but I don't own a decent camera. However, the quality is good enough to prove that I'm not cheating, I believe.

https://youtu.be/Jbohgh-827Q

Like Stephan, I chose S75/T8. The first board I solved was a 15.29. At 3:13 I got a 14.33.

IP Logged

Lutz
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #28 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 7:37pm

YouTube didn't like that I was listening to the soundtrack of The Lion King while playing so I uploaded the video again on Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzxlVBvwBgAHZ0RnbjlGQVpLZTQ/view?usp=sharing

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #29 - Oct 12th, 2016 at 4:16pm

Awesome!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print