HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Tournaments vol. 3 (Read 37086 times)
TBDMfan

Re: Tournaments vol. 3
Reply #15 - Jan 19th, 2016 at 11:49pm

@Stephan:
-Currently my motivation for Speedcubing is much higher than for Nonosweeper.
-Even if I had had more time to play, I'm just not cut out for these boards. you and hexx are way too fast.
-If you had beaten my time on S70T5 or T8 and had taken first place, our total difference would have been only 3 points instead of 7. If you had beaten me on both boards, you could have won the season.
-S71T3 is again not my kind of board. I'm lucky that my current time required only a few minutes of playing. (Played maybe 15 minutes on sunday and 10 minutes tonight)

@hexx: I never really felt motivated to beat all-time bests for tournament boards. Half of them are too fast for me to bother with anyway.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #16 - Jan 21st, 2016 at 6:37pm

@EWQM.:
- Speedcubing is fascinating - at least for me who is only able to solve a cube within 1-2 minutes Grin.
- In S70T5, I wasn't at home on Saturday, otherwise I'm sure that I had beaten at least my own bests.
- In S70T8, my 44 already was a lucky punch (with 51 as second-best Embarrassed). So, unlikely to get another one with sub-43.
- 4.43 in S71T3 is not a bad time. Believe that I didn't check the current ranking before but then was surprised when uploading my 4.42 Shocked.

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #17 - Jan 31st, 2016 at 11:02pm

@Stephan:

About T3: Couldn't play on T3, but why should i beat Harryck's 3.70s if such score is ...hmmm Angry... let's say Sad..."running faster than cheetah" Tongue Tongue Tongue
Anything related to Harryck Repse, namely his standard levels records and many (if not all!!!) T submissions, is all about cheat and cheat and CHEAT AND ....SHIT Lips Sealed
Anyway, i'm now playing T3 in a custom board with 5.08s as best score for the moment. Perhaps i can make a 4.70s or so. The 3.70s is beyond Harryck's real capacity. Undecided

About T4: With my 4.66s Shocked i saved you 1 point in your Season 71 quest, i hope you win it Wink. As always i've the vid. If you wanna see it please let me know. Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2016 at 10:28pm by hexx »  

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #18 - Feb 6th, 2016 at 2:37pm

@hexx: Thank you for the 4.66 in S71/T4 Wink. The 1 point could be decisive, we never know before.
But as the board types I'm good on are mostly already passed in T71, maybe EWQM. (or Lutz as well) will caught up the gap.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #19 - Feb 28th, 2016 at 7:15pm

Thanks to EWQM. for not playing as much as usual Cheesy. It was the first time that I could win a season which included tournaments that took place during January Shocked.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #20 - Apr 3rd, 2016 at 3:25pm

Hi Nono players! It looks like it will be a historical season: EWQM. is about to win all eight tournaments within one season - five of eight are already completed, and no players in sight who might beat him.

Btw, after this fifth T, EWQM. has 132 first ranks in div1, with myself (131) and hexx (112) behind. This means, EWQM. is the most successful player in Nono T history Shocked! Congratulations!

IP Logged

Sam Haynes
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #21 - Apr 4th, 2016 at 6:06am

Nooooo i could have improved my time for t5 a whole bunch but i forgot all about it yesterday ;_;

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #22 - Apr 24th, 2016 at 11:35am

@EWQM.: Sorry! The 64 points for winning all eight tournaments of one season were as near as never before, I think.

But finally, tiny 0.03 seconds and a very easy board Embarrassed determined that you "just" tie the current record of 62 points - held by hexx (seasons 9, 14, and 26) and Maruda (season 28).

Despite of missing the 8 wins sweep, 7-1-0-0-0-0-0-0 is a personal best for you in division 1. And 8-0-0-0-0-0-0-0 will follow, I'm quite sure as it is permanently getting harder (at least for me) to beat your times.

@Lutz, Sam and others: I'm counting on you to keep the competition interesting Wink.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #23 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 5:38pm

@EWQM.: You wrote:
got 23.36 in S75T7 in literally the first game I completed, 0.85s faster than 2nd place https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFPm_LV3HW0

Might have been 0.85s faster than my time at that point, but your current 23.02 is still 1.56s slower than my 21.46. Expect you to submit your sub19 on Saturday evening Wink

IP Logged

NYMIKE
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #24 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 11:41pm

I never met anybody on this site in person, but I have corresponded with Fritz on facebook since early 2009 when my daughter was born, and for about a 5 year stretch the guy was a madd man.  He had hard time breaking 40 seconds on minesweeper, he broke 50 seconds thousands and thousands of times, before finally succeeding, and proceeded to break 40 seconds over 100 times.  He mentioned he organized minesweeper tournaments in Munich, what he didn't tell you that he put out hundreds of euros of his own money to host and pay for hostel so players can afford to come.  Nobody had more passion for the shit than him.  Btw nobody noticed, and there are no posts about Fritz breaking long standing Mallet mania record, but it was done too.

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #25 - Sep 25th, 2016 at 11:58pm

Minor correction to Mike's post: I paid for the internet cafe in 2010 where we played the Minesweper and Nonosweeper tournaments. I also paid for the youth hostel but the guys who stayed there paid me that money back.

About 40 seconds barrier: What is called sub40 in Minesweeper actually means times faster than 39.00 seconds. Breaking sub40 took me over a year and in total I got close to 80 sub40s. The count for actual solves below 40 seconds is well above 100 though.

More trivia: throughout mostof my active time in Minesweeper I played 3 hours and more every day. That means over 20 hours every week, for a while even over 30 hours. Now imagine what happens if you stop playing minesweeper and instead focus on Nonosweeper. Hint: S57 and onwards.

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #26 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 12:27am

Stephan wrote on Sep 25th, 2016 at 5:38pm:
@EWQM.: You wrote:
got 23.36 in S75T7 in literally the first game I completed, 0.85s faster than 2nd place https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFPm_LV3HW0

Might have been 0.85s faster than my time at that point, but your current 23.02 is still 1.56s slower than my 21.46. Expect you to submit your sub19 on Saturday evening Wink

@Stephan/all: 20.18 just a few minutes after losing a potential sub20 on the last click. Well, my strategy is pretty obvious from these videos, so what are yours?

Video of the 20.18 is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBdbpZ3GKx8

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #27 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 4:46pm

Mine is the same Wink. Just not managed to get one of the easier games (with rare guessing patterns) in fast click time till the end.

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #28 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 7:57pm

@Stephan (Athos): With 13.00s you are about to win T8 and season 75 as well.
You "Athos" almost tied your int best score! ("Aramis" with 14.18s by now, possibly broke is int best score!!!!!)
Seeing "Porthos" and "Aramis" playing T under the rule "1.3x speedup" (or even more) is one thing, they are just kids!
Seeing YOU "Athos" playing the same way is unbelievable. You aren't a kid anymore! You belong to my generation (i'm 41). You have wife and eventually Kids. Is it really necessary to play that way?

YOU "Athos" are not the Stephan i used to know on standard levels!

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #29 - Oct 7th, 2016 at 9:32pm

@hexx:
I don't care about winning T8, but will be lucky to win S75 as it's a hard competition to win a season.

And I really don't understand your problem. You are referring to my int score. S75/T8 has in common absolutely nothing with playing int level. A player of S75/T8 needs to see quickly which squares need to be opened. There are 800 squares, of them 777 mines. So one needs to find 23 squares. For my 13.00, I needed 22 clicks as there were two coherent non-mine squares. If the other squares have a good distribution on the grid, you can open two squares per second, which would result in a sub13.

The video of the 13.00 (showing replay etc. directly after finishing the game) is available here:
S75/T8 13.00

But why comparing with int level? I didn't play int level for ages. My best int times are from 2007/2008. My last 12 was achieved in 2011. Why should I waist time with standard level when my goal is to collect points for winning a season? So, each week, I (aged 39) practice the current T board during a few hours, nothing else, so I usually get some improvement until reaching my personal limit. --> Nothing magic, nothing musceteery, just focusing on T boards.

Am tired now, physically and emotionally.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print