YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 27
Send Topic Print
Tournaments vol. 2 (Read 190148 times)
TBDMfan

Re: Tournaments vol. 2
Reply #30 - May 28th, 2009 at 12:53pm

seeing that i just got 79s on T8 i want to say that the board i got was extremely easy...the only easy board i got in almost 10 hours of playing T8 so far...

does anyone know why stephan is not taking part in t7 and t8???

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #31 - May 31st, 2009 at 1:52pm

Hi EWQM.,

I know why Stephan was not taking part in T7 and T8...
During T7, I was absent due to holidays, and was away from any Nonosweeper PC, so I couldn't play that T.
I returned on Wednesday, but didn't have much time to play T8. As I both hate medium density boards and didn't have luck in finishing any board within half an hour, I decided to give up season 28, and to re-enter Nono Ts in season 29!

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #32 - Jun 4th, 2009 at 9:07pm

Happy Birthday Stephan!!!
Go on and this one!

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #33 - Jun 6th, 2009 at 6:36pm

ouch!!
I messed that up big time - this really should have been a 1.1x but I missed a square and had to go back to it to end up with a 1.41 - well, T1 is not over yet and I can still decide if I prefer to watch Serbia-Austria or to keep on playing Smiley

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #34 - Jun 17th, 2009 at 10:42pm

@gero and roland: are you going to play several seasons in a row or is it just an occassional popping up? Tongue

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #35 - Jul 20th, 2009 at 11:58am

Hi tournament participants,
due to database problems, Yariv had to restart S29_T8! The T8 board is a 20x4/23 grid. So, if you downloaded your current tournament info yesterday (i.e. at a time where the problems weren't solved), you should just update the current T info now in order to play the correct board.

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #36 - Jul 24th, 2009 at 3:02pm

@stephan: for this really really sucks....because of sth of this kind i will not be able to stay in div1  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

the thing is, i am currently, from sunday till sunday, in cefalu in italy. on last sunday i got up very early, just to play the last  tournament, got a very decent time, thought nothing bad and that i'd be safe in div1 and then i have to find out this................

just not happy.....

this ain't fair

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #37 - Jul 25th, 2009 at 2:03pm

@EWQMinesweeper: I've been away the final weekend of T5, and I just couldn't get to the internet in time to upload the 4.18 I got which would have won me the tournament. So it strikes all of us once in a while (maybe I will relagate as well, just because of this). As long as you keep enjoying the game it doesn't matter if you spend a season in Div2.
I retired from competing a long time ago. I play boards only seriously if I like them (and there are way too few really nice tourny boards). Avarage boards I just play once or twice a week and I don't really care how many points they earn me. And I'm not interested in ugly boards. If that's enough for staying up... fine, if not... fine as well.
So don't be angry or frustrated - that's not what the game is made for.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #38 - Jul 26th, 2009 at 3:28pm

Hi EWQM.,
of course, this is not the way one wants to relegate. But in fact, season 29 would have been closed after 7 tournaments, and this wouldn't have been fair as well for every player who hoped for a good T8. I didn't know that Yariv has to start a new T8 board when repairing the database, and I did my best to inform all the players.

So, maybe just take the chance to tie Luca's record of winning all 8 Ts in division 2 within a season.

Btw, as the relegated players were a German one (EWQM.) and a sup-30-aged (Nikolaj), I (German sup-30-aged) don't appreciate these relegations very much...

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #39 - Jul 27th, 2009 at 12:53pm

@stephan and christoph: of course i'll stick to nono  Wink

it was just a bad coincidence and i'm not at all mad at anyone...i guess i can use it as a big motivation to get back into div1 as soon as i can Tongue

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #40 - Jul 27th, 2009 at 7:40pm

Oh well, it had to come sooner or later Smiley

I guess wedding preparations stole most of my free time + as Christoph said this season we didn't have many nice boards - e.g. I hate extreme rectangles - we had 4 boards + the 3x8/12 mines one. I must say I really enjoyed this season Tongue

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #41 - Jul 31st, 2009 at 11:55am

This season 30 starts with pretty much the only kind of NFing board I like, but luck seems to doesn't like me on it: I just got almost in a row this 6.42 and then LCs on 6.24, 4.87 and 5.99 before I got another 6.56 and 7.01. And now my playing time for this week is almost over Sad

I wonder if s30 will get similary interesting to s29 where the religation players from Div1 cummulated 39 points - 10 points more then ever bevore.
It already looks likely, that Div 4 will survive this s30 - I somehow hope that it can establish itself for longer this time Smiley

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #42 - Jul 31st, 2009 at 2:19pm

@Nikolaj: Did I read wedding?
Very much congrats!!! Let us know more.  Smiley  Smiley

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #43 - Aug 22nd, 2009 at 10:05pm

I really hate such random boards like this S30 T4!
I mean, I like long rectangles - but this one is just random as it is almost guaranteed that some players get really easy boards and some not. I got only one easy board where I could clear the top row in the beginning and died on a guess at the very end - it would have been about a 28 and would probably have (very undeserved) won me that T.
I mean quite big boards are ok because nobody gets lucky, smallish and small boards are ok because everybody gets lucky - but I hate this midrange randomness! Smiley
However, I don't think that too many here will share this oppinion such that it doesn't make too much sense to try to do something against. :|

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #44 - Aug 23rd, 2009 at 4:42pm

@Christoph: I generally agree. I was quite shocked when I saw Gabi's time of 36 submitted on sunday while I hang at high 40s. It is well known that on such boards you can have very easy ones.
Nonetheless, I wouldn't do anything against long rectangle boards. In long-run statistics, most Ts ended with wins of hexx or Maruda, on nearly every type of board.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 27
Send Topic Print