We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 
Send Topic Print
Tournaments vol. 2 (Read 190142 times)
TBDMfan

Re: Tournaments vol. 2
Reply #360 - May 10th, 2015 at 2:00pm

FYI, S66T7 was the first tournament I had to play with my new mouse. The right mouse button on the old mouse is no longer working correctly, which makes it impossible to use on boards that require the use both mouse buttons.

I'm still not quite comfortable with the new mouse and might switch back to the old one on boards that require only one mouse button.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #361 - May 13th, 2015 at 3:02pm

@EWQM.: If you played with a new mouse, but indeed won S66/T7 with a gap of 10 seconds (>13% faster than #2), all other players should give up immediately Wink. You took away the last tiny bit of illusion that you are still beatable in Nono Ts Huh.

Btw, my Minesweeper career was over when my mouse stopped working as I didn't get used to the new one's buttons. It seems, your Nonosweeper career isn't over - despite of new mouse.

IP Logged

Sam Haynes
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #362 - May 17th, 2015 at 1:20pm

I accomplished my goal since ~midseason of finishing 4th in my first D1 season Smiley

IP Logged

NYMIKE
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #363 - May 17th, 2015 at 4:13pm

Congrats to Bobo for making d1, decade of dedication!

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #364 - May 23rd, 2015 at 9:09pm

Congrats to Sam for a great first season in div1.

Congrats to BoBo on making it into div1.

Stephan, I did play S66/T7 with the new mouse and it felt like I could have done 5 to 10 seconds better with my old mouse. S66/T8 then showed that Lutz is very well capable of beating me on medium sized boards. However, playing these two boards with the new mouse took its toll on my wrist. It turned out that the buttons on the new mouse are a lot harder to press than on my old mouse (actually they are no different than any other mouse but on my old mouse they are just incredibly easy to press). My wrist hurt quite a bit after playing these two boards and thus to make it short:

S67/T1 is my last Nonosweeper tournament board.

Good luck to all of you and thanks for the great competition during the last 7 years.

P.S. Just noticed that I posted my first tournament time exactly 7 years ago.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #365 - May 24th, 2015 at 11:13am

Congratulations to Sam and BoBo. Good work when you manage to stay within div1 or to promote to div1.

EWQM., I hope, you don't stop playing Nono T boards at all. Since hexx stopped playing, you have been the master to beat (even Lutz caught up a lot on bigger boards). So, without you, some competition will be missing.
If you really retire, then let's say thank you for sometimes tight competitions in the last years and wish you a good time!

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #366 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 6:18pm

> S67/T1 is my last Nonosweeper tournament board.

I must say: This statement seems to be a lie Huh.
Good work, EWQM. - even if you destroyed a chance for me to win a tournament with a time submitted on my birthday Cool.

IP Logged

Sam Haynes
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #367 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 6:23pm

tricky...

also i feel like defending myself even though no one has ever commented on it, i like to give the tournaments a try on my touchpad on sundays so when i have a really terrible time up early in the week that's usually why Tongue

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #368 - Jun 7th, 2015 at 9:29pm

Stephan wrote on Jun 7th, 2015 at 6:18pm:
> S67/T1 is my last Nonosweeper tournament board.

I must say: This statement seems to be a lie Huh.
Good work, EWQM. - even if you destroyed a chance for me to win a tournament with a time submitted on my birthday Cool.

Happy birthday, Stephan Smiley

Here's why I posted last week: NYMIKE told me that Sam had posted a good time. I wanted to try the board at least once and my first time was already 15.45s. 10 minutes later I got the 12.48.

By the way, my first completed game on the current board is almost sub20. If it's fast enough to win, I'll post on saturday.

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #369 - Jun 12th, 2015 at 11:45pm

Bump! Someone better post a sub20 tomorrow or else I win yet another board Wink

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #370 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 8:17am

Sorry, EWQM., but I needed to try at least to get a sub-20. And after lots of games, I got that 19.14, beating my personal best on this grid by 2 seconds Smiley. But you could have submitted your time anyway, would have reached for a second rank which is still amazingly good for a time you got on that board as first time.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #371 - Jul 5th, 2015 at 6:37pm

Great work, Lutz! No chance for me to beat a 0.74 in T7. You will definitively win this season, congratulations!

IP Logged

Lutz
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #372 - Jul 6th, 2015 at 10:26am

Thank you, Stephan. I'm pretty sure, however, that I would have finished 3rd (as always) if EWQM was still playing. But given the circumstances, I decided to played a lot more than I do normally. As for the next seasons, I'll do my best to make the competition somewhat interesting. Smiley

IP Logged

Sam Haynes
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #373 - Jul 11th, 2015 at 1:52am

i've beaten my time 4 times today and only shaved off like a second >_>

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #374 - Jul 12th, 2015 at 9:42am

Congratulations Lutz!