Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simplism Games Simplism Games
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27
Send Topic Print
Tournaments vol. 2 (Read 190155 times)
NYMIKE
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Re: Tournaments vol. 2
Reply #270 - Nov 1st, 2012 at 2:45am

It appears that next season there will only be two divisions in nonosweeper, I remember when nono was like this http://www.nonosweeper.com/cgi-bin/pointsranking.cgi?season=31
12 players posted times in division 4, and monsters like Harryck and Gero were in division 4 , appears game is dying.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #271 - Nov 1st, 2012 at 11:35am

Hi NYMike, unfortunately you seem to be right. It would be the first time that we have only two divisions left since tournaments with divisions started 7.5 years ago.

I hoped that well-known player such as hexx, Luca V., Qetuth, Dragon, Peter, Rincewind, Richard and others might return after we changed the tournament mode to include more challenging boards. This is obviously not the case so far...

IP Logged

jos
YaBB Newbies

Houston, TX, USA
Reply #272 - Nov 1st, 2012 at 2:38pm

I have been playing Nonosweeper since 2007, maybe before. I didn't notice there were tournaments until last year.

Maybe if you mention the tournaments on the home page or when they upload their scores, more will join.

You can also mention how challenging they are now, to get more interest.

IP Logged

Harryck Repse

Reply #273 - Nov 1st, 2012 at 6:17pm

It is too bad to see this happen to Nonosweeper. Maybe Yariv could send out a mass email to registered nonosweeper users about tournament changes? Or is this is too intrusive?

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #274 - Nov 8th, 2012 at 8:03pm

could we get rid of boards like T7 and T8 as well, please? the first 6 boards of the season were great, the last 2 aren't good, since getting good times relies too much on getting an easy board.

IP Logged

qqwref
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #275 - Nov 9th, 2012 at 8:23am

I'm not sure how I feel about T7, but as for T8, I can tell you this: the difference between 12s and 16s is not just an easy board. You do need a good board to get a good time, sure, but that's true for every board type I've played. Maybe this board was a bit big for its type, but it's still a good type to have in the rotation.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #276 - Nov 26th, 2012 at 9:28pm

@EWQM.: I don't prefer getting rid of every easy and/or quick board. Boards like S51/T2 show that we have very low number of submissions. We would risk losing even division 2. So, I prefer keeping the rotation as it is now - we'll have to check anyway if it's too difficult (or too time-consuming for those who aren't pupils or students any more, unfortunately Grin).

And I agree with qqwref: Getting a good board is necessary on most grids. We won't be able to avoid this completely.

IP Logged

NYMIKE
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #277 - Nov 27th, 2012 at 5:40am

I know im in a minority, but I prefer the boards we had up until last season, its hard for me to place when I can only solve 5 boards a season.

IP Logged

jos
YaBB Newbies

Houston, TX, USA
Reply #278 - Dec 2nd, 2012 at 6:02am

I am also concerned with the new boards, that less players can participate.

IP Logged

NYMIKE
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #279 - Dec 3rd, 2012 at 2:24am

jos wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 6:02am:
I am also concerned with the new boards, that less players can participate.

To be honest the number of participants began to decline long before we went to hard boards, I'm only complaining cause I'm terrible on any large size board, or any large low density board.
The reason the number of players is dwindling is that many of the players here are in their 30's with families and just have no time to play, or simply lose interest.

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #280 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 7:05pm

i suppose everyone will agree with me that the current board (26x20, 249 mines) is close to impossible to complete. my best approach so far had 120 cleared mines. after 3 hours trying i now give up. can we please get a board that is more likely to be solvable?

IP Logged

jos
YaBB Newbies

Houston, TX, USA
Reply #281 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 2:59am

It is great to see more people playing. Yes. I got to about 60 mines left and ran out of time, but does seem impossible.

IP Logged

qqwref
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #282 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 3:26am

This is an extremely hard board. Congrats to Harryck for his 8 points but I would really prefer not having boards like this pop up in the future.

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #283 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 9:02am

hm, i was expecting more people to raise their voices for a new board. the last time we had such a 'difficult' board, yariv provided us with a new, slightly easier one.

looks like i have to finish a board now. closest i've got so far was 76 mines left. there goes my weekend...:p

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #284 - Dec 22nd, 2012 at 9:05pm

this really sucks! died on a 50-50 guess ewith 3 mines in 6 squares left. lost at 514s.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27
Send Topic Print