We've upgraded to YaBB 2!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 27
Send Topic Print
Tournaments vol. 2 (Read 190169 times)
TBDMfan

Re: Tournaments vol. 2
Reply #195 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 7:19pm

that is extremely lucky! even assuming that you played 179 seconds and played 4 boards a second, there's only a 36% success chance...i'm jealous Tongue

IP Logged

NYMIKE
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #196 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 1:14am

So I do a sub 0.1, and finish no better than 3rd place in div 3  Sad

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #197 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 12:06pm

thats so crazy Undecided
how hard can this be!? Tongue, did 0.07s after a long 1m40s session ...
which means i succeeded twice in less than 5 minutes of playing Huh Huh Huh  SO SICK

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #198 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 9:50am

@EWQM.: I tried but didn't succeed. The grid I was hunting for occurred only once within about 45 minutes of playing. Seems that hexx had more luck than me...

So, assuming that you will submit a time for current board, congratulations for winning this season!

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #199 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 2:14pm

@stephan: thanks!

this is what wrote to NYMike about the last board. he got such a board within 10 minutes and as written before i finished 3 boards in a bit more than an hour.

Quote:
hint for nono S44 T7: there are only 3003 different boards. keep the left mouse button pressed and move it along the top row, while pressing f2 whenever you are over the top left or top right corner. if you can play a board every second (this way you can easily play 2 per second), you have a 18% chance of winning a board within 10 minutes, 33% chance within 20min, 45% within 30min, 55% within 40min, 63% within 50min and 70% within 60min of playing.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #200 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 5:34pm

You should have posted this before. I didn't know that one can keep left mouse button pressed Embarrassed. So, with this tactics, I might have been successful. Just tested for a few minutes, it's a lot easier than pressing F2 and pressing mouse left and moving mouse immediately afterwards Cry. Nonetheless, I have eye problems to stare on the same point for several minutes. Hopefully, next brute-forcing board will take a long time to appear Smiley.

Btw, with your 33 on T8, you would have won the season even if I got a 0.05 in T7 Wink

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #201 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 5:58pm

guess why i kept my strategy/observation secret Wink

this way i had many boards in which i could solve the first 3, sometimes even 4 squares in 0.04, 0.03, 0.01 and even 0.00 seconds for the first 4 squares. but since i had a hard time keeping the neccessary concentration up for more than a few minutes i stopped trying soon after my 0.06. if i remember correctly 0.05 is not possible?

although brute-force boards are very unfair as they give an advantage to those who have more time to play early into the week, trying to beat maruda's 0.09 was a nice challenge. i agree that i don't want such a board again anytime soon.

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #202 - Nov 18th, 2011 at 8:55am

In general I like brute force boards, and I'm really angry with myself that I didn't win this T. I got quite some 0.03 and 0.04 trys on 1-4-5 or similar boards. I had only about one hour of playing time all week and got only one 0-5-5 board. But on that board I was moving the mouse too fast and the square in the middle didn't open. It took me half a second to recognize that the board wasn't won and ended up with this 0.87.  Cry

However, the equipment is very central on such kind of boards. Windows usually forwards mouse-messages every 0.004 seconds to the application. Thus within a span of 0.03 a possible maximum of 7 MMs arrive at nonosweeper. To win the board in 0.03 you must create 5 Mouse-Move events with the flag LButtonPressed on 5 different squares - so you may hit only 2 squares twice and you must ensure not being to fast such that you miss a square.
There is software that allow to adjust the frequence with which the mouse is checked. Some drivers for fancy mouses and (I think) some ego-shooters include such features. (But it also depends on the controler of the mouse.) However, if you reduce the time between the MMs to 0.002 you have 14 or with some luck and depending on the timer-handling 15 chances to hit the 5 squares within 0.03, which makes a huge difference. With an even higher frequence a 0.01  would be thinkable.
However, I didn't even search for better mouse drivers. It would have reduced my playing time this week even further, and I play only for the fun of playing   Smiley

IP Logged

Maruda

I really love this game;D

Havirov, Czech republic
Reply #203 - Nov 20th, 2011 at 3:21pm

two seasons with stupid tournaments in a row? Undecided

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #204 - Nov 21st, 2011 at 7:41am

two seasons with wonderful boards in a row!

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #205 - Nov 21st, 2011 at 7:45am

However, the new version of nono has a problem with such boards. If there is only one number number in every line, the window shrinks so much that the smiley is almost a line that's pretty nasty to hit... I can't remember the old version doing that on a 5-wide board.
Do you know any trick against that?

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #206 - Nov 21st, 2011 at 7:54am

@Christoph: This error is really bad. If you play with classic skin and smallest size, on current T board, you can't see any smiley on grids with only one number on the right edge.
Old version didn't have that problem. The only trick I know is to change the square size to medium size.
I will write to Yariv, might be a unwished bug.

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #207 - Nov 21st, 2011 at 12:04pm

it has already cost me two low 1.x times and since i changed to medium size i didn't get another similary easy board -.-

meh, not all boards can be as nice as S44T8. have to play some more then

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #208 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 7:28am

Fyi: Yariv has released a new version 2.14 which avoids the smiley to disappear on small boards with small board sizes.

IP Logged

qqwref
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #209 - Dec 4th, 2011 at 7:02am

Sorry, I felt like playing this board a bit just now, and after maybe 20 minutes I got a 4.5ish and then a 4.09 :p

I haven't been playing nono so much lately because often I feel like I don't have the skill to compete or the patience to try over and over. It's nice when good luck happens, though.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 27
Send Topic Print