HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 27
Send Topic Print
Tournaments vol. 2 (Read 190146 times)
Harryck Repse

Re: Tournaments vol. 2
Reply #150 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 6:38pm

I gave up on the board for now, lol

Maybe it was accident? Previously the same board but 180 mines was played, the 0 and 8 are just switched this time...

IP Logged

Qetuth
YaBB Administrator

Reply #151 - Feb 28th, 2011 at 7:50am

I've gotten over 75% complete twice in my first hour, but yeah, we'll be lucky to get 1 complete board between all of us in the week.

I'd like to see it changed to 140-150ish to make it finishable...180 mines would be a very different board

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #152 - Feb 28th, 2011 at 4:24pm

I'm a little disappointed that the board got changed - I only played for about 20 mins and twice got down to situations with only three 50-50 guesses left. (Both times more than 90 mines safed).
However, the new board is not of my favorit kind - so i guess I won't extend my lead this T  Cry

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #153 - Feb 28th, 2011 at 4:33pm

Yariv wrote: "I've changed it to 180. It was one of the random ones, so I guess impossible ones could come up occasionally unless I change the algorithm!"

Sorry for all who liked the 108 or preferred a 150 or sth.

Let's go, anyway!

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #154 - Feb 28th, 2011 at 8:44pm

150 would have been really interesting and a nice challenge. but even with 180 mines there are already 5 or even more solving strategies that seem all about equally fast.

who else thinks that hexxing this board might be risky but could lead to very good times? 2 solvable rows at the start is unlikely but you could solve ~50% at the start.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #155 - Mar 17th, 2011 at 7:48pm

Hi Harryck,

congratulations to an awesome 2.29 in T5 Shocked Shocked. This is far lower than former all-time sub-3s on 6x6/20, done by Christoph and hexx.

As you seem to sub2.75 easily, do you have a video of a sub2.75 on current T board? I'm very curious if you play as fast as hexx did.

IP Logged

Harryck Repse

Reply #156 - Mar 17th, 2011 at 11:52pm

Give me a little while and I'll make a vid. Smiley

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #157 - Mar 19th, 2011 at 10:25am

Hi Harryck,

I'm still curious of your general speed on this board. But now I experienced that low 2 second times are possible - at least if one gets a ridiculously easy board...

You imagine what I'm talking of, don't you Cheesy?

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #158 - Mar 19th, 2011 at 1:10pm

congrats stephan Wink

IP Logged

Caren
YaBB Newbies

Reply #159 - Mar 20th, 2011 at 2:09am

I had a really easy board also, but am not fast enough:

1 1

which was just 3 clicks (the first row was 0 1 0 0 0 1).

IP Logged

Harryck Repse

Reply #160 - Mar 20th, 2011 at 9:09pm

Wow Stephan, very nice board and well played  Wink

I just played it like beginner, ignored columns and only solved rows. Results in very few games being solved but very fast times

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #161 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 8:23pm

am i missing something or why did S40 suddenly end on a wednesday?

also mm and nono pages were completely down today afternoon...

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #162 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 9:10pm

Hi EWQM.,

such a Shocked thing never happened before. I've already written to Yariv as I think relegations shouldn't be decided by a sudden end of T8 on Wednesday. But I don't know a) when Yariv will read his mails and b) whether he has a chance to re-open T8 and S40.

IP Logged

Qetuth
YaBB Administrator

Reply #163 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 10:40am

Oh, so that's what happened! I'd been sitting here thinking "How have I not seen this board and it's Thursday already?"

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #164 - Apr 16th, 2011 at 1:48pm

Hi to everyone,

as you might already have noticed, the immediate end of S40/T8 on last week's Wednesay is fact now.

Here is Yariv's reply: "[...] I have no idea what happened: I don't know how the dates could have got mixed up like that, my only thought is that if the server went down (which I also didn't know about), they might have had to restore from backups or change the server dates.
Anyway, if I'd been faster I could possibly have extended the last season, but now the new season has started I suppose it would be unfair to other users. (I know it's pretty unfair anyway - but assuming the last tournament end date was listed as Wednesday when people got the info, I guess the only solution is to go along with that.)
[...] I have also extended the current tournament to end on Sunday, as normal. Sorry for the trouble! Yariv"

So, S41 has begun as it was announced in the emails. And T1 will be closed this sunday (sunday night in Eastern Asia, sunday morning in Central Europe).

So, for future Ts, just be aware which end data is announced in the weekly mail as well as in the game's window when you get the current T data. If anyone notices anything weird, please inform the community, so that we can ask Yariv to correct any mistake on the server.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 27
Send Topic Print