Tournaments vol. 2 (Read 190170 times)
Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Tournaments vol. 2
Nov 2nd, 2008 at 9:30pm

Hi friends of Nonosweeper Tournaments!

S25_T2 was the 200th Nonosweeper tournament!
Congratulations to Maruda, who managed to submit a time in every of the 200 competitions! This is an outstanding result, concerning the top 5 players in participations:
Rank Player Participations View player's profile Real name (Country)
1. Maruda 200 http://www.nonosweeper.com/cgi-bin/showuser.cgi?user=218 Jan Farnik (CZE)
2. Stephan Bechtel 199 http://www.nonosweeper.com/cgi-bin/showuser.cgi?user=170 Stephan Bechtel (GER)
3. Qetuth 187 http://www.nonosweeper.com/cgi-bin/showuser.cgi?user=280 n/a (AUS)
4. hexx 184 http://www.nonosweeper.com/cgi-bin/showuser.cgi?user=272 Paulo Justo (POR)
5. Bobo 181 http://www.nonosweeper.com/cgi-bin/showuser.cgi?user=63 n/a (BUL)

The honour for the most active country goes to the USA:
Rank Country Participations in total Number of different players
1. USA 843 13
2. Germany 634 8
3. Czech Republic 434 3
4. Country unknown 409 22
5. Bulgaria 362 5

The by far most successful player is hexx, of course, who won more than 50% of the tournaments he participated in:
Rank Player Tournaments won
1. hexx 98
2. Luca Vezzoni 33
2. Maruda 33
4. Stephan Bechtel 26
5. Nikolaj 3

hexx also collected the highest amount of points. Please note that e.g. eight points were counted for any rank #1, regardless the corresponding division:
Rank Player Points collected
1. hexx 1287
2. Maruda 1061
3. Stephan Bechtel 1001
4. Luca Vezzoni 868
5. Nikolaj 660
6. Qetuth 638
7. Roland Seibt 638
8. Vladimir Orlov 625
9. Gene 602
10. Richard 561

And there are other interesting facts, of course, concerning the tournament history in the era of divisions (divisions have been established after season 3):
* hexx, Maruda, and Stephan Bechtel are the only players who stayed in division 1 for all the time
* Richard never managed to get into division 1, but was listed in other divisions for all the time
* Bobo, and Spot never managed to get into divisions 1, or 2, but were listed in divisions 3, or 4 for all the time
* Yariv Hastilow continuously belonged to division 2 for 12 seasons
* Bobo continuously belonged to division 3 for 15 seasons
* The most relegations has Qetuth (16, 8 ups/8 downs), followed by Caren (13, +7/-6), and Richard (12, +6/-6)
* Manuel Heider is the only player who entered the tournaments in division 4, but managed to proceed up to division 1
* Vladimir Orlov was the first player who managed to climb up season per season from bottom to top division. He needed 14 tournament participations. EWQMinesweeper managed the same feat in only 13 tournament participations

Feel free to comment my useless statistics or to amend other nice findings!

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Re: Tournaments vol. 2
Reply #1 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 10:19pm

very nice stats! well done! - can't really believe that i made it somewhere into these stats

IP Logged

Qetuth
YaBB Administrator

Reply #2 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 2:28am

Great work Stephan!

Some even more useless stats about relegation pairs:

The most common partners to be relegated together:
Qetuth and Caren 6 times.
Vladimir Orlov and Gene 4 times.
Vladimir Orlov and Piman 3 times.
Dan and Roland Seibt 3 times.
Rincewind and Richard 3 times.

Qetuth and Caren were relegated together 5 seasons in a row (12..16), going back and forward between divisions 1 and 2.
Vladimir Orlov and Gene were relegated together 3 seasons in a row (7..9) and are also the only pair to have been relegated up to different divisions together (Division 3 to 2 in season 4, 2 to 1 in seasons 7 and 9)

The following list of partners have been relegated back and forward twice in a row together, hanging on the border of two divisions.
Vladimir and Piman, Brett Z and Raquel, Vladimir and Gene, Brett Z and Thy_Cowman, Dan and Roland, Richard and Raquel, Qetuth and Caren, Vladimir and Roland, Dragon and Vladimir, Manuel and Qetuth, Gabi and Manuel, Alliska and Qetuth, Rincewind and Richard, Gabi and EWQMinesweeper

Vladimir Orlov has been relegated 11 times (4th most relegations), with only 4 partners. All 4 are in the above list.

And while I'm at it, High Scores:
64: Luca Vezzoni in s12 d2
64: Dragon in s14 d3
62: hexx in s9 d1, s14 d1
62: Manuel Heider in s12 d4

Lowest winning score:
Kobbie, 35 points in season 18 division 3.

Highest score without relegation up (ignoring division 1):
Christoph, 46 points in season 10 division 2.
Season 10 also had equal second place in its other divisions, with both Peter and eL bEn failing to go up with 44 points.

Highest score which still got relegated:
Yariv Hastilow with 19 in season 15 (ending his 12 seasons in one division).
Gene with 19 in season 19.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #3 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 8:01am

Great work Qetuth as well! Thanks!

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #4 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 10:04am

nice stats guys Smiley too bad I began my nonocareer later => I have 1 season in D2 Smiley but I've uploaded time in every tournament since my first participation Smiley

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #5 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 11:20pm

just got a very nice t3 board: 9 single mines.....not good for a fast time but it looks funny. also got a board with 2 5s in the middle lines which i screwed up to a 4s too.....i hate this board Angry

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #6 - Nov 14th, 2008 at 9:00pm

1 question: how do i upload a picture to my post?

@all div1 folks (except stephan and maruda): if i was still in div1 in this season i would have almost beaten you by 3s! this time - i had a group of 2 mines wrong when i hit the blue face at 12s!

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #7 - Dec 13th, 2008 at 11:41pm

another question: why does luca have 57 points after only 7 tournaments? he has won 6 tournaments this season and was 3rd in one too. so he should have 53points...or 61 tomorrow

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #8 - Dec 14th, 2008 at 7:41pm

Hi EWQMinesweeper,
this is a relevant question indeed. I don't know why, and I assume it's just a mistake. Maybe, Yariv can help us.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #9 - Dec 21st, 2008 at 12:16pm

Hey players,
S26_T01 was quite interesting for me as I changed my playing style two times.
I started with clearing every square either by clicking the empty ones or by marking the mines. My best score was a 14.95.
Then I chose NF mode (without marking the mines). I came down to 11.79.
Finally, I switched to extreme flagging mode, without clicking the no-mine squares. I got my 10.25 and 7 sub-13s with that mode.

Now I'm just curious: Which style did you choose? Did you change your tactics as well?

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #10 - Dec 21st, 2008 at 6:42pm

hi stephan,

in T1 it took me relatively long to find a solid style. my times were around 25-30s before i came to the conclusion that it'd be best for me to wait for an easy top or bottom line with as many mines as possible. i cleared these lines first and then from one side i started clearing the columns as far as possible and if needed i switched to solving them from the other side. that way i got my 14 and a few more 15s.

the only thing that was not like the previous tournaments for me was that switched very often from genius to exp to int to T1 to exp and the to mines-exp and then back to T1...

@my 9,71 in T2: it was my 2nd finished T2 board and i admit it was sooooooo easy. all mines were in only 3 rows in 5-1-2 3-1 and 1-1-6

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #11 - Dec 21st, 2008 at 7:53pm

I think it is important to remember the community that someone has achieved a relevant milestone Smiley

Someone = hexx Wink
Achivement = 100th T win  Cheesy

For this reason i´m posting the vid link here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFhQNihvlVs

@ Stephan: I hope you enjoy the vid!!!!
It shows clearly that  NF strategy is the best option, despite of the 42 safe blocks opened.
NF really works on very easy boards, which seems to be the case. Shocked

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #12 - Dec 22nd, 2008 at 8:01am

Hi hexx,

congratulations for winning the 100th tournament. Of course, this is an enormous performance as all other players together have hardly more than 100 wins...

The video is amazing. I had to view it four times until I could recognize your tactics. And you play way to fast for my eyes... So, I would have needed a much better board to beat your 9.03 using NF.

IP Logged

Vladimir_Orlov
YaBB Newbies

Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Reply #13 - Dec 22nd, 2008 at 10:49am

@ Hexx

Congratulations  Smiley

@ Stephan

I played T1 board in NF-style. I can't play low density boards quickly in "extreme flagging mode" because of wasting time when  too much thinking.
I've seen Hexx' 9,03 video. What do you think about solving upper and lower rows at start? Is it more quick then solving the board for one passage from side to side (like I did)?

Nonosweeper records: 1,84 - 15,96- 77,??- 244,??&&Minesweeper records:  1,59 - 17,47 - 65,80
IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #14 - Dec 22nd, 2008 at 1:01pm

Hi Vladimir,

hexx' int level strategy is/was to solve the two columns leftmost/rightmost and the top/bottom rows in a circle and then solve the rest. I appreciate that strategy for my intermediate games as well.
So, I think it can be a good strategy for rectangular boards, too. The advantage obviously is that you usually increase the amount of obvious columns. That advantage could overdo the disadvantage of jumping around through the board...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 27
Send Topic Print