Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simplism Games Simplism Games
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Current Site problems! (Read 33283 times)
Qetuth
YaBB Administrator

Current Site problems!
Aug 21st, 2007 at 2:11am

Right now, most cgi pages are not loading, and other pages such as todays scores and best times are being unreliable. Also, some poeple have had trouble downloading the tounament data.

To get current tournament data, go to http://www.nonosweeper.com/cgi-bin/tourncode.cgi

This lists 3 things, the hex data, the finish date, and remaining time. The important part is the data.

In nonosweeper.ini in your nono directory, the 4th line is tournament data, so replace this with the new data copied from the above link. Also, the 8th line is your current best time, in millisecond, so you'll have to change this or else you wont get the upload box when you set a time! Try something higher than you'll set (eg, put 100000 for 100 seconds, or higher for a longer tounament). I don't know the code for 'no time set', but presumably the maximum you can put in is 999990 (for 999.99)

Yariv is working on the problem but the hosts are being slow to respond. Hopefully things are sorted out soon. Until then, mystery tournaments!

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Re: Current Site problems!
Reply #1 - Aug 21st, 2007 at 8:13am

Thanks Qetuth!

Just two notes:
* The code for 'no time set' is 999999, I had this recently when installing Nonosweeper again
* From time to time, at least the site http://www.nonosweeper.com/today.html is working. There you can see tournament times that have been submitted today or yesterday. Could be helpful in order to check out whether the upload of your time worked!

IP Logged

Caren
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Aug 28th, 2007 at 11:51pm

Did anyone download the current Mallet Mania tournament?  I tried http://www.malletmania.com/cgi-bin/tourncode.cgi but that returned a blank page.  If someone got it could they tell me the codes to put in the ini file.

Thanks

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #3 - Feb 17th, 2008 at 7:03pm

Hi nonosweepers!

Is anyone able to watch/click the usual navigation buttons? I can access several sites by knowing the direct link, but can't jump between them as the former links have disappeared...

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #4 - Feb 17th, 2008 at 7:06pm

Okay, Yariv is working on it  Smiley. Seems that the hosting company changed something which made the sites being displayed different than before  Sad

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #5 - Feb 22nd, 2008 at 11:18am

Cool, the site works now! Thanks Yariv  Smiley

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #6 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 9:08am

Was anybody able to get the current T code or to display the results of the last T? Seems as the site doesn't work again.

Thanks,
Stephan

IP Logged

Caren
YaBB Newbies

Reply #7 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 9:47pm

I don't think anyone has.  When you look at Newly Uploaded Times (today.html), no one has uploaded any tournament scores today or yesterday.

IP Logged

Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
Reply #8 - Jun 15th, 2008 at 5:41am

Hi all!

Sorry about the recent tournament problems Shocked Although matters were confused by the web host having problems at the same time, this time it was my site which was the cause... there were some problems in the DB which I've sorted out for now, although it's possible that the same thing may occasionally occur again in the future. In any case, I don't check the sites as often as I should, so whenever there are any problems loading the site, let me know by e-mail and I'll look into it as quickly as possible!

Thanks for playing! Smiley

Yariv

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #9 - Jun 15th, 2008 at 7:45pm

Hi Yariv,

thanks for fixing the problem.

One more question: Could you possibly fix the end date as well so that we return to the usual T week (which ends on sunday morning European time)? Thanks in advance!

IP Logged

Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
Reply #10 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 12:29pm

OK, I've fixed the end date too!  Grin

The Administrator.
IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #11 - Feb 8th, 2009 at 11:31pm

hi yariv,

the malletmania forum is currently down - can you please fix it

@all: does anyone have some tricks for me how to solve the mallet mania exp levels? i already found a few patterns but it still always comes down to guessings at the end...

IP Logged

Qetuth
YaBB Administrator

Reply #12 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 9:26am

Yeah, the MM forum has never really worked since the transfer of everything into a single forum.

There is some hints and stuff at my site ( http://members.iinet.net.au/~queteq/MM/ ) but I haven't updated it in years.  Embarrassed

Unlike NS/MS, all MM boards can technically be solved without a guess, as it accepts any correct solution rather than a specific one: No blowing up with wrong moves. However, it's not always possible to figure this out in reasonable time. For 2x2 hard, for example, you can often tell a hidden number on one edge by counting from an opposite edge, but doing so could add minutes to the time. (when playing for time, I wouldn't count across the board, but I might try to determine odd/even)

My best advice is a bit of experimentation to find more patterns, and practice: often a particular pattern or logical step "clicks" and your times on a particular board are halved in a few games.

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #13 - Apr 15th, 2009 at 6:42pm

Current site problem: WAY TOO MUCH NEW SPAM THREADS IN THE FORUM  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

can someone please remove them?

IP Logged

Qetuth
YaBB Administrator

Reply #14 - Dec 8th, 2011 at 6:10am

As it accounts for ~90% of the spam, we have disabled creation of accounts with gmail email addresses.

This shouldn't interfere with existing accounts even if you use gmail.

Hopefully this will keep things under control until a better option can be found.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print