Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simplism Games Simplism Games
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Nonosweeper World Championships (Read 104140 times)
Jon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Nonosweeper World Championships
May 30th, 2005 at 8:05pm

Hi,

I made a suggestion in Damien's guestbook (www.metanoodle.com/minesweeper) that there could be a little Nonosweeping in the next minesweeper tourny. Is anyone here interested in participating if we can arrange that? I understand that the tourny will be arranged 6th or 13th of August. Tell me what you think.
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2010 at 9:59am by Stephan »  

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Re: sweeper tourny
Reply #1 - May 31st, 2005 at 10:37am

I would be interested. Maybe this would be a reason for me to participate in the minesweeper tournament even if I had already retired.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #2 - Jun 26th, 2005 at 7:15pm

To beam this thread up in the list of threads, I write another reply to Jon's message.

Hey guys, what about a sweeping tournament? We should show the minesweeping community that there is another game out there Smiley.

The tournament is on 13th of August in Vienna (AUT).

I would just be interested whether you would definitively come, try to come or definitively not come. What about a short answer?

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #3 - Jun 27th, 2005 at 8:36am

The sweeping tournament sounds a great idea,  unfortunately i'm on vacation at that time, so i can't
participate.   Undecided

IP Logged

Jon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Jun 27th, 2005 at 7:39pm

Sorry for being a little lazy. I tend to be excited about something one day, and then lose interest. Anyway, I have the address to the web site where you can find information about the tournament:

http://ms.dotti.at/ms/

If you want to participate, you should check it out. You can also send a mail to this address:

christophmarx1981@yahoo.de

It's not yet clear how much of the tournament will be dedicated to nonosweeper. Those who are interested in participating, can suggest what you want to play. Intermediate and expert are probably two good choices. Tell me if you're interested in other levels. Maybe even custom games. I think it might be easiest to play the standard levels though. I don't know about any other good ways to get people's score than to start with an empty hiscores.dat-file and just see who gets the best scores. Maybe we could take screenshots. Do you have any better solutions?

I hope some of you are interested in participating. If not, I guess some of the guys in the minesweeper tourny will play a little Nonosweeper. 8)

IP Logged

Jon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #5 - Jul 9th, 2005 at 7:45pm

I have contacted Cristoph about the Nonosweeper-part of the tournament. He suggested that we could play Nonosweeper early (possibly 2 hours, between 10 and 12). I guess there will be one hour for intermediate and one for expert. If you don't have a better suggestion, the winner on each level will be the person with the lowest average time (of the 5 best times). I also suggest an overall winner where the average intermediate time is multiplied by 3 and added to the average expert time.

I think we'll all be using the latest PRO-account (if someone does not have a PRO-account, I guess the freeware version is good enough for this tournament). Just bring the files you need on a disk or download it from internet in Vienna.

Please tell me if you have suggestions or disagree with something.

IP Logged

Jon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2005 at 2:08pm

Yariv told me that he suggested to Cristoph to download the PRO-version on all the computers we'll be using, so you don't need to bring any files after all.

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #7 - Jul 12th, 2005 at 12:08am

Who of the Nonosweepers will now come to Vienna? I'm not sure currently, wheather I'll come or not, because I don't now, if my friends will come with me. If they'll go to sweeper tourny, I'll go, too for sure. If they don't go, I don't really now what I'll do. So who of you will I meat, when I go to Vienna (alone or not)?

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #8 - Jul 12th, 2005 at 11:02am

By now, it is 90% sure that I'll come.

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #9 - Jul 14th, 2005 at 11:37am

So nobody else than Stephan and Jon (I think) will be there, right? Otherwise you would have answered my post.

IP Logged

Jon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #10 - Jul 16th, 2005 at 8:32pm

It's almost certain that I'll be there. I have booked a flight. Cristoph has scheduled Nonosweeper to 9.30-11.30. Since nobody suggested anything else, I'll tell him that we'll play one hour of intermediate and one hour of expert. I suggest we take screenshots of our best times, and the winner is the person with the lowest sum of his top-5 times for that level. If you don't like the idea about screenshots, we'll just use the hiscores.dat-file (but then we won't get as high precision in the times, I think). We can make a democratic decision about that in Vienna if you like.

If someone does not get five scores on a level, I suggest the following: Every score that is missing is calculated as 1,2 * the worst of the other scores. If a player has the following three scores on expert: 86-91-100, his fourth score would be 120, and his fifth score would be 144. If this player already had a fourth score of 127 seconds, he should be able to discard it, because he would have gotten a better overall score by not finishing that game.

The formula for determining the overall winner will be:

average expert time + 3 * average intermediate time

Please reply if you disagree with something here. It should be possible to modify these rules a little if needed.

I think Cristoph mentioned that at least one of the Minesweeper guys was going to participate in the Nonosweeper-part of the tournament. At least I hope he will.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #11 - Jul 17th, 2005 at 6:43pm

Rules are okay. And Jon, if no one else will play Nonosweeper, we'll have a nice battle nonetheless Grin

But: @all: Think about it. It's certainly fun to play a live tournament! Come to Vienna!
@Gero: Komm, auf geht's, Wien ist ja echt nicht weit weg, wenn man eh schon in Bayern wohnt!!!

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #12 - Jul 25th, 2005 at 3:53pm

@Stephan: Hätt einige Fragen an dich bezüglich dem Tournament: Wie kommst du denn hin, wo übernachtest du und wie lange bleibst du in Wien? Ich hab mir grad Zugverbindungen besorgt. Und eigentlich hab ich vor in einem Hotel zu übernachten, von Freitag abend bis Sonntag früh. Allerdings bin ich im Moment noch alleine, deswegen würd ich mich auch evtl nach dir richten. Sicher ist bei mir leider noch gar nichts. Antworte bitte möglichst schnell, die Zeit wird nämlich langsam knapp. Undecided

@other Tournament players (is it only you Jon?): How long do you stay in Vienna and where will you sleep? Which Hotel or Youth hostel?

IP Logged

Jon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #13 - Jul 25th, 2005 at 5:20pm

Cristoph suggested that we could just place the people that finish less than five boards below those who finish five boards. That's ok by me. It just means that you might have to play a little more safe if needed. I haven't arranged acommodation yet. I'm just gonna see if I find something on the links Cristoph provided. I heard that there were at least two of the regular minesweepers that said they would participate in the nonosweeper-part too (Gergely and Cristoph).

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #14 - Jul 25th, 2005 at 5:26pm

I'm asking, because currently it seems when I'll come, I'll come alone. So it would be nice perhaps, if I'm in the same hotel, where others of the sweepers spend their night

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #15 - Jul 26th, 2005 at 7:03am

That not-5-finished-games-rule is okay for me, too.

@Gero: I'm going by train on friday, but I explained in more detail in the reply to your e-mail.

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #16 - Jul 28th, 2005 at 6:51pm

So I'll be one of the few people, who will participate Nonosweeper tournament in Vienna, too. I'm happy I can go there, too.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #17 - Jul 28th, 2005 at 8:01pm

@Gero: Of course, I appreciate it to see players "live", but I already see myself finishing "only" in second or third place. Will be hard against Jon and you.

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #18 - Jul 28th, 2005 at 8:31pm

I really hope that I'll win the Nono tournament. But I'm sure I'll be very excited, so it's possible that I don't play very good times. Last days when I played Int, I had most times an average time around 15-16. I really hope, I can do that in Vienna, too. And when I should train Exp really hard the next days, perhaps an average of 69 is possible. But that's only a nice dream I have I think. But a 70's average (perhaps around 75s) should be doable.

What scores do you expect yourself to get?

In Minesweeper I'll be not very good. I never really broke completely through the 70's barrier. So when I'll finish enough Exp boards (that will be a problem for me) I will have only times in the 70's I think. That's not so nice. Undecided But I trained the last weeks nearly only Nono and MM. Once I had a really good phase, where nearly all my finished games were sub70's. But that was only once and I don't think I'll get something equal so fast again.

Happy sweeping all!!! Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2005 at 10:13pm by Gero »  

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #19 - Jul 29th, 2005 at 5:47am

I didn't play many normal level games these days, (but mostly tournament games), so I don't expect anything. Maybe avg 21 in int and avg 85 in expert.

Compared with your averages, it's absolutely unrealistic that I finish in #1. And I assume that Jon can beat my times as well. So, maybe I can even get a "Stockerlplatz" Wink as #3.

And Minesweeper, I haven't been playing at all for the last 10 months. So, maybe, I can do a 25-80 average...

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #20 - Jul 31st, 2005 at 6:44pm

I'm pretty sure that it was less than 1 hour where I reached following scores for Int:
13-14-15-15-15. That's average 14,4. That would be really cool, if I could do the same in Vienna.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #21 - Aug 1st, 2005 at 7:15pm

I did nearly the same yesterday, but 6 seconds slower... My goal is to get at least 2 sub-20s and 1 sub-80 in Vienna (as I don't know how concentrated I can play with lots of voices etc. around)

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #22 - Aug 1st, 2005 at 9:17pm

That will be really a problem: People talking around you, people watching over your back to see how you play and comment on your playing. Things like "Ohhhhh, how fast he is, will he get a new record?" which makes you nervous and screwing up the game. I hope there won't be too much people while Nono tournament. Cheesy

IP Logged

Jon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #23 - Aug 10th, 2005 at 8:20pm

I think it's very modest of you to suppose that I will beat any one of you two. I haven't been practicing much lately, and I think I'm going to have problems finishing five good expert boards.

Of course I'm just saying this to lull you into a false sense of security Wink

Well. I have a plane to catch soon. Good luck in Vienna, guys.

-Jon Simonsen

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #24 - Aug 14th, 2005 at 8:33pm

So, maybe someone should post the latest news:
Yesterday, the first live Nonosweeper tournament was held in Vienna. There were 5 participants out of all divisions and of 4 countries, so it was a good mixture of players.

Our congratulations are going to the first Nonosweeper World Champion Gero Wälz who finished in first position with a gap of loads of seconds (detailed results will soon be available at http://minesweeper.dotti.at).

The final ranking looked like this:
1. Gero Wälz (GER)
2. Stephan Bechtel (GER)
3. Jon Simonsen (NOR)
4. Nagy Gergely (HUN) [aka Greg]
5. Christoph Marx (AUT)

It was a great pleasure to meet some players in "real". So, all of you should try to be there when another tournament will be organized sometimes!

IP Logged

Jon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #25 - Aug 15th, 2005 at 7:52am

Congrats to Gero from me too 8)

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #26 - Aug 15th, 2005 at 11:04am

It was a really nice tournament, even there weren't so much people there. It was also nice, as Stephan said, to meet the others sweepers personally. Smiley
Thanks for your congrats.

The results are now online on the address, Stephan posted before. So have a look at them. Soon there will be some statements of the participants.

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #27 - Nov 11th, 2005 at 6:19am

Hi,

few months after Vienna tournament nonosweepers have opportunity to meet again. Greg arranges minesweeper tournament in Budapest (2nd half of February). When I asked whether there is nonosweeper part he replied "I think there can be a nonosweeper part, too. It only depends on how many players would like to play it. "

Maruda and I want to come, with Greg and Christoph it´s 4 people who may want to take part in nonosweeper.

It would be nice to meet there. Anybody interested?

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #28 - Nov 11th, 2005 at 5:09pm

Interested: yes! I'd like to come but Budapest is a 7-hours train trip (one way) or a 150€ flight. Both doesn't sound very attractive.

I'll decide later, maybe spontaneously Wink.

What about the other Top10 players? hexx? Luca? Gero? Roland? The ones I forgot to mention?

IP Logged

Luca

1-10,03-47-131

Milano, Italy
Reply #29 - Nov 11th, 2005 at 9:14pm

Oh, I really don't know.  ???
Sorry

IP Logged

Greg

Reply #30 - Nov 11th, 2005 at 9:22pm

Hey there!
Yes, I can confirm that there'll be a nonosweeper part at Budapest Sweeper Tournament;) That is the second part of Feb 2006. (Exact date will be announced around New Year.)
Everyone's welcome!

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #31 - Nov 12th, 2005 at 4:07pm

I probably can't go. Undecided
On Feb 4th i will be submitted to surgery and need 4 weeks to full recovery. Tongue
So , i'm out this time.
But it is my intention to be present in the next summer tourny. Smiley

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #32 - Dec 13th, 2005 at 6:23pm

I´m proud to quote Greg  Wink:

"I'm proud to announce: the second Budapest Minesweeper Tournament will be held on 25th February, 2006!!!

Everyone's invited!
There'll be a nonosweeper part, too, so practice on that as well!
See You All Here!!!"

So don´t forget to mark this day in your calendar and come  Grin.

IP Logged

Greg

Reply #33 - Dec 28th, 2005 at 7:48pm

and again: mine- and nonosweeper tournament, Budapest, Hungary, February 25 2006!
Well, this post is about the accomodation: last time, the Hotel Griff Junior was the place to stay, and as it's quite cheap and near to the event, I'd recommend it this time, too. For unbiased opinion on it, ask Damien or Roman or Christoph. You don't have to book a room, because it's not a so frequented place - at least last time I was around there, keys were hanging at the reception in large number. The homepage is http://www.gerandhotels.hu/index.php
which has English language feature, too.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #34 - Dec 29th, 2005 at 12:02pm

I've just read the announcement of the exact date in february. Unfortunately, I won't be able to join the tournament in Budapest Sad. Happy sweeping anyway!

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #35 - Dec 30th, 2005 at 7:41am

@Stephan: That means no adversary for me... Sob  Cry Maruda and (hopefully-he-will-be-there) Gero are too far away from me and Greg seems to have intermediate syndrome not only in minesweeper Wink.

@Greg: Hope you got my mail confirming Maruda´s and my arrival. If not - we are both coming  Grin.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #36 - Dec 30th, 2005 at 9:18am

@Nikolaj: I would have been there if the tournament took place during a "free" weekend. But on that day, I'm going on a weekend vacation trip which is already booked, so no chance Sad!

Hopefully, we can play some direct competition in summer! And look at Gero's int times in Vienna: If you can achieve your at-home-performance and the others play nervously due to tournament atmosphere, who know whether you won't beat them. Good luck Wink

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #37 - Dec 30th, 2005 at 3:54pm

@Stephan: Bad luck, but hopefully in Vienna we will cross our swords  Grin. After checking Gero´s times I must say it´s still beyond my abilities to get 5 sub18 AND 5 sub80 in 2 hours period. But I still have 2 months for practising  Grin.

IP Logged

Greg
YaBB Newbies

expert rulez!!!

Hungary
Reply #38 - Jan 10th, 2006 at 10:45pm

Everyone, I thought about having the same format on the nonosweeper tournament in Budapest we had in Vienna. That would mean 2 hours of playing time, best 5 of both int and exp summed up, lowest total wins. It would be an exhibition event as well, but the temporary schedule tells there won't be too many spectators around as I plan nonosweeper to be the first in the program.
What do Ya think about the rules?

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #39 - Jan 11th, 2006 at 4:13pm

@Greg: I don´t know whether in Vienna was 1 hour Int and 1 hour Exp or 2 hours and do whatever you want. I suppose who doesn´t finish 5 boards of each level is put to the bottom of rankings and better expert sum is favored when two players are tied? Or will not-finisher take penalty (4 scores: 10%, 3 scores: 20%, 2 scores: 30%, 1 score: 40% as in nonosweeper rankings)? Any format is good, although I would prefer 2 hours and freedom + not-finisher is ranked at the bottom).

And if I understand you correctly, you intend to have spectators there (besides minesweepers waiting for their session)? Sounds like I really have to work hard, February 25th is dangerously near  Grin

IP Logged

Greg
YaBB Newbies

expert rulez!!!

Hungary
Reply #40 - Jan 11th, 2006 at 10:36pm

Hello Everyone!
I just uploaded some basic information about THE TOURNAMENT. Check it out and register! Grin Cheesy

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #41 - Jan 12th, 2006 at 6:07am

@Greg: Rules perfectly fit to my needs but I don´t know whether at 9 a.m. my brain will be working properly  Grin

IP Logged

Greg
YaBB Newbies

expert rulez!!!

Hungary
Reply #42 - Jan 16th, 2006 at 11:15am

Nikolaj, I think the schedule is flexible enough Wink The main point was inserting a longer break between the two main sections, but if everyone who participates in the nonosweeper contest agrees we can play from 9:30-9:45. That's meaning less time to have some lunch, of course. Tongue

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #43 - Jan 16th, 2006 at 12:13pm

@Greg: No way! Lunch is the most important part of the contest!  Grin I´ll have cold shower, hope it will be sufficient to wake me up  Wink

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #44 - Feb 11th, 2006 at 9:46am

Just wanted to announce that I will be in Budapest and that I'm REALLY HAPPY to see Nikolaj and Maruda. I'm sure it will be GREAT!!! Cheesy Grin 8)

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #45 - Feb 24th, 2006 at 8:20pm

Hi guys,
as last year's silver medal world champion Wink, I want to wish good luck to everyone who participates tomorrow. Have fun!

Bad luck that I won't be in Budapest. But with Maruda, Gero, Nikolaj, Christoph and Greg, there should be 5/16 of the current top 2 divisions' players!

@Gero: You have to defend your title! Czech Republic has won an Olympic gold medal today, that must be enough Grin

@Maruda: As hexx' strongest opponent in the last T seasons, I'd bet some euros on you winning the title, but betandwin.de doesn't offer nono WC bets...

@Nikolaj: What about a surprising second place, beating either your brother or Gero?

@Christoph: Do you remember your WC score of Vienna 2005? You should beat your bests by far, shouldn't you?

@Greg: Hopefully, you find the time again after the WC to play some tournament boards and stay in division 2.

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #46 - Feb 25th, 2006 at 10:17am

1. Gero
2. Maruda
3. Nikolaj
4. Greg
5. Christoph
6. Füleki Dàniel (hungarian future)

Detailed standings available  at http://ms.dotti.at/ms/index.php?data=33&men2=1&men3=3&style=1

@Stephan: We played on non-pro version, but that is no excuse for result over 500... I'm really disappointed with it. I didn't even get close to Gero and Maruda  Angry. I blasted one 77 due to misflag. That would get me sub500. Grr  Wink

OK, my goal for Vienna is to beat YOU  Grin

IP Logged

Gero & Nikolaj & Maruda

Reply #47 - Feb 26th, 2006 at 4:06pm

Hello sweepers!

Right now we're at our hotel' s internet PC writing this post for the second time. We're watching some of your good times - congrats Stephan and hexx. 2nd sub 50 - amazing!

We must say we had really great time here and we will definitely try to get to Vienna for another live tournament. As Christoph said it will be held on July 28th (due to security restrictions it can't be on saturday). We would really like to see some more nonosweepers there! What do you think? Stephan? Roli? Luca? hexx? Or any other sweepers of course?

See you in Vienna  Grin

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #48 - Feb 26th, 2006 at 4:19pm

@Nikolaj: 505 is a good score, 24 seconds faster than I was in Vienna.

And it seems that the competition between Gero and Maruda (I didn't know that your name is Jan until now Wink) was a very hard one.

I'll check out soon whether the announced Vienna appointment is possible for me.

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #49 - Feb 28th, 2006 at 8:35am

@Stephan: well, you´re right 505 isn´t that bad - I´m especially proud on 16 intermediate, but my goal was to sub 480. After discovering we will play on standard version (i.e. no blanks white and no thick gridlines) I wanted to go at least sub 500. No offence Greg, I know conditions were the same for everybody and I really enjoyed it, I´m only too used to my settings so I knew it will worse my performance Wink On the other hand my times were quite consistent. I had only 2 over 90 and like 12-13 sub 88 Wink

Speaking of hard fight between Maruda and Gero, Gero was sitting between me and Maruda and it was really annoying when I heard from the left "Yahoo 16" "63" "67" etc. when my times were not even sub 80 Grin

And I forgot one really important thing! Many thanks to Greg for organizing this competiton. It was one of the greatest trips I ever had!

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #50 - May 18th, 2006 at 10:01am

Hello fellow sweepers!
This years vienna tourney will take place on the 28th of July (that's a friday - unfortuneately I couldn't get a saturday since we've a raised security level Sad

You can find an announcement on my site: http://localhost/minesweeper/index.php?data=40&men2=1&men3=4&style=1

A little correction: there's written that it's unlikely that the timetable will be changed, but it's most likely, that the sessinons will be toggled so that we'll play nonosweeper as last event of the day.

This year we'll play four half-hour-sessions. For each there will be points like for the weekly tournaments and the sum of this points will decide the tourny.  The main difference will be that not the best game will decide a session but the sum of the best two games.
There will be one int and one exp session. The other two sessions are ment to contain random boards (but not large ones). I plan one to be a low density boared, for the other I'm open for suggestions.

To register for the tourney just send a mail to christophmarx1981@yahoo.de
You'll than be added to the list of registed players on my site (unless you tell me to not announce your name). And please mention if you want to also paritcipiate in the minesweeper section.

thanks
Christoph

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #51 - May 18th, 2006 at 11:22am

Hi Christoph,

I can say there is 99.5% chance I will come and I´d like to take part in MS sessions too  8). I´ll send confirmation mail probably in the beginning of July. Is it ok for you?

Your link is broken, probably due to linking to localhost  Grin. Dear sweepers follow this link http://www.dotti.at/ms/index.php?data=40&men2=1&men3=4&style=1 until Christoph modifies previous post.

As for 2 random boards: I´m ok with low denstiy one (although I don´t like low density boards much - maybe because I´m not good on them  Wink) and I wouldn´t exclude large boards with extremely high density (those finished in ~10-30 seconds), it could be motivation for Stephan to come Grin. I think we can arrange exact look of those 2 boards during break for lunch. Don´t you think?

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #52 - May 18th, 2006 at 2:01pm

There is a 70% chance that I'll come to Vienna again. I'll see whether I can get some vacation days.

Concerning the tourny's system: Okay for me. As random boards, I would prefer big density and/or small one with very low density. Low density on big size like 12x12/45 MUST NOT be part of the tourny Wink.
Something like 6x25 with 100 mines is fun as well. So, extreme rectangle could be nice, too.

IP Logged

Maruda

I really love this game;D

Havirov, Czech republic
Reply #53 - May 19th, 2006 at 5:36am

Hi Christoph,
I can say there is 99.5% chance I will come and I´d like to take part in MS sessions too 8). I´ll send confirmation mail probably in the beginning of July. Is it ok for you? Grin Grin Grin
btw. I don´t like most of the boards, so it doesn´t matter which one will be chosen Grin

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #54 - May 19th, 2006 at 6:05am

@Stephan: Original idea was to suggest bunch of X,Y axis numbers and density percentages and make boards completely random (picking up from the pot). If Christoph wants to have one low density board, probably it means for the first round of pot-picking % restriction to <50%. I think he wants toselect cathegory of the 2nd board and apply same principle. Am I right Christoph?

Good to hear there is quite high chance for me to have fearsome opponent  Grin (I already booked 2 vacation days  Wink)

@Maruda: Don´t use my words!  Tongue

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #55 - Jun 6th, 2006 at 8:08am

Yes, Nikolaj, that was the idea and is still planned. I'm only a bit undecided if it's perhaps better to pick boards randomly from the existing tournerment boards. However, that's a minor problem and I'll decide that (with respect to the suggestions I'll receive) as soon as my semester is over (three and a half week from now).

Something more important: Manuel Haider was thinking about comeing to the tourny. But since he has to be back home on Saturday morning he needs to catch a flight on Friday in the late afternoon. He could only do so, if we'd finish earlier with the minesweeper. So: Would it produce a problem for anyone of you if we'd first play minesweeper and finish with the nonosweeper session?

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #56 - Jun 6th, 2006 at 9:06am

@Christoph: I have no problem with nonosweeper being the last session, suppose all nonosweepers will also take part in MS sessions = we will all be tired (hey Stephan, our usual playing conditions Wink).

As for boards, I like the idea of full randomness, but you are the organizer Wink. What if we selected the 2nd cathegory randomly?

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #57 - Jun 6th, 2006 at 8:07pm

Yes, we will be tired, and yes, these are my usual playing conditions. Not preferred by myself, but not a real problem for me, though.

About the boards: As we probably won't find two "regular T" categories that don't give an extraordinary advantage to any player, I think maybe it's the best to choose two random boards (but maybe two random boards out of the T pool instead of two totally random boards).

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #58 - Jul 9th, 2006 at 10:25am

I made up a little forum for the Vienna tourny.  I think that might be helpful to coordinate also with the Minesweeper players.

http://www.dotti.at/forum/index.php?forum=2#forum2

Hope you'll enjoy it  Smiley

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #59 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 9:37am

I cannot open the forum. Are you sure that everything works fine with the index.php file? ??? ???
Any other sweeper having the same problems?

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #60 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 9:41am

@Stephan: Looks like it only works for people with Firefox or Opera  Wink if there is something like MathML plugin for IE, you may try (the forum´s other section is about descriptive geometry)

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #61 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 1:13pm

Yes, unfortuneately I didn't recognize it too early. I made the forum originally for maths reasons. There everyone uses linux and FF, so noone had any problems with it.
Only now it turned out that IE has problems with the maths code in the *.php. But I really don't want to make up a complete new forum now since I've far too many other things to do.
(So if I do nothing else than motivate someone to use FireFox,...   Grin  )

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #62 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 1:44pm

Bad luck for me. At work, I don't have any other browser. But I'll have a look at it at home.

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #63 - Jul 28th, 2006 at 8:11am

Hi all, I´m currently in PC lab of Vienna university, waiting for intermediate minesweeper session and in the meantime I got nice tourny time 1.61  Grin Unfortunately I lost to Stephan at MS beginner session grrrr  Wink

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #64 - Jul 28th, 2006 at 1:15pm

Obviously, all minesweeper sessions are over now, and I beat Nikolaj in all of them. Hopefully, this is a good sign for the nonosweeping sessions coming up soon Wink

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #65 - Jul 30th, 2006 at 2:48pm

Ah, ok, looks I like I´m the first one getting to the internet  Wink. So as Christoph already announced at another topic, the winner of 2nd Vienna nonosweeper meeting is Stephan Bechtel. Congratulations Stephan!

First leg - best 2 intermediates in 30 minutes
Maruda - 15-17, me 16-16, but I was ranked 2 because of Maruda´s better 3rd game (17 vs. 18 ).

Second leg - best 2 experts in 30 minutes, I got my best expert session ever - 6 finished games (65, 66, 67, 70, 71, 74) and won this leg  Grin (Maruda was at 74, 79 (2 finished games) and Stephan 79, 84 (3 games) if I remember correctly)

Third leg - custom board 30x3 with 22 mines, 2 best times in 15 minutes - I got terribly beaten by Stephan (who won - don´t know exact times though) and Maruda.

Fourth leg - custom board 20x20 320 mines, 2 best in 30 minutes - Stephan dominated it... He was able to finish it NF quite often, resulting in few 70s or 80s, Maruda flagged all the way in like 113x2 and I tried most of the time to NF, but wasn´t able to finish, so I flagged 2 games in approximately 127 seconds (just to secure 3rd place) and then in my very last game I finally managed to finish NF - in 108 seconds Undecided.

Total points were
Stephan and Maruda 26
me 24

We decided there should be only one winner and the Vienna champion title should go to Stephan because he won 2 legs.

I hope after Christoph gets some sleep (finally  Wink ) he will find time to publish all results (we had 8 participants  Shocked )

Oh and I almost forgot: Thank you Christoph for perfect tournament, we had great time in Vienna. There is only one thing I didn´t like, and you can fix for the next year: you have to fix my placement  Grin

IP Logged

Greg
YaBB Newbies

expert rulez!!!

Hungary
Reply #66 - Mar 29th, 2007 at 9:02pm

Hello!
Been a long time but now I want you to sound your opinion: what format should the nonosweeper session have at the upcoming Budapest event? i.e. how many beg/int/exp games would you want to play? (there won't be special boards like last time in Vienna - sorry)
Gergely Smiley

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #67 - Mar 29th, 2007 at 9:15pm

hey greg! I think the last year´s format was good enough. 2 (or 2.5 hours? crappy memory  Wink) hours of "do what you like" session.

btw the tourny was not officially announced here. so:
dear sweepers the first official minesweeper championship sponsored by microsoft hungary is going to take place in Budapest on April 14th. Nonosweeper is going to be side event.

for more information go to http://www.minesweeper.info/MicrosoftAnnouncement.html

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #68 - Apr 17th, 2007 at 7:12am

Hey guys!

Unfortunately this time in Budapest lots of sweepers left early on Sunday when Nonosweeper session should take place. Thus we decided to cancel it  Cry At least Stephan has a chance to defend his title in Vienna. Vienna tournament will be August 31st  - September 1st. I really hope some more sweepers will fight there Wink. I think Christoph will provide more information  Smiley

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #69 - Jun 21st, 2007 at 2:43pm

Hey Christoph,
will Vienna III take place during the weekend announced by Nikolaj? I can't find any official announcement so far.

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #70 - Jun 21st, 2007 at 4:38pm

Hey!
99.99% yes.
I need to talk to the admin and the secreteries for fixing the room reservation - I hope to get that fixed tomorrow.
I plan it to be a friday+saturday event... any complaints on that?
cu christoph

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #71 - Jun 22nd, 2007 at 7:50am

Friday and saturday is generally okay. But do you mean that it will be a 2-day event, e.g. having a Minesweeper friday and a Nonosweeper saturday or something like that? Would be interesting to know - if I stay in PC labs for 2 days, my girlfriend won't like to come with me to Vienna Sad
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2007 at 8:23am by Stephan »  

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #72 - Jul 16th, 2007 at 10:53am

http://www.dotti.at/ms/index.php?data=53&men2=1&men3=5&style=1

Yes, it will be a two day event. I remember some people asking me if a two day event would be doable. Addtionally it opend the opportunity to arrange the sessions in a way that one can watch some games of the best players.

We talked about the 'girlfriend-issue' already in budapest. I think Yvonne and Nicole went for shopping or something there. I thought about organizing something for the non-playing girlfriends during the sessions. Brunch and shopping would fit (I think). I mentioned also the idea of a mensstrip to Yvonne and Damien, but he intensely vetoed on that  Grin
If someone has some more ideas just let me know.

For the Nonosweeper section I didn't fix the rules yet. But I intend something similar to last year (for who wasn't there: we played 4 shourt sessions with tourny points).
Since it's a two day event now, we could fit a season in it. But I'm not sure about the point system - we could have more than 8 players (I estimate: Nikolaj, Maruda, Stephan, Gergely, Gabi, Manu, Tommy and me plus the unexpected Smiley ) and wouldn't like players to get 0 points - just for non-frustration reasons.
So also here: please come up with ideas (in time).

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #73 - Jul 20th, 2007 at 3:08pm

Okay, thanks for clarifying.

About tournament points, I suggest the following:
If there are x players, the best players gets x+1 points, the second-best x-1, rank #3 gets x-2 and so on (last players gets 1 point). Means that it's the same as usual (2-point gap between #1 and #2, else 1-point gap), just with an addition due to more players.
In case of seven players, we would have regular tournament scoring of 8-6-5-4-3-2-1...

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #74 - Jul 24th, 2007 at 4:35pm

Hi Nonosweepers,

4th Nonosweeper World Championship is coming - so let's meet in Vienna.
By now, it's already sure that 50% of division 1 players will participate (Christoph, Maruda, Nikolaj, Stephan).

I just wanted to tell that I would highly appreciate to see top players like hexx, Luca Vezzoni, Roland Seibt, Qetuth, Vladimir Orlov, Dragon, Alliska, Manuel Heider, piman, Caren, Gabi, Kobbie, Bobo, rincewind, Peter, Richard, hmp, Thy Cowman, Brett Z, Spot, Asen BG, Gracebalma and others. Think about it - it's extreme fun! And I assume that most of you play minesweeper as well, so you can easily participate at two World Championships at only one week-end Shocked

Players listed above who won't participate could at least write a post in this forum thread to show some community activity Wink

P.S. Maybe Alliska's real name is Klara B. and she has already registered?!

IP Logged

Maruda

Havirov, Czech republic
Reply #75 - Jul 24th, 2007 at 6:28pm

you´re right...Alliska=Klara Wink

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #76 - Jul 24th, 2007 at 6:54pm

Yes, I would love to meet any player I haven't met yet! Just a reminder: in Budapest there was Reid Sinclair who came from USA and Bertie Seyffert coming from South Africa  Shocked

IP Logged

Qetuth
YaBB Administrator

Reply #77 - Jul 25th, 2007 at 10:48am

Speaking for all down here in Malletmanialand, I don't think there's much chance of us getting to Vienna  Cry  I wouldn't mind meeting some players some time, but overseas travel isn't really an option right now...

Something I've always meant to do every time this comes up, though, is try my hand at session play, and spend an hour or two seeing how I would have gone. So I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for the rules and see what I can organise. Other aussies might need quite a bit of prodding to try the same.

PS: and we don't play Minesweeper....that is to say, we don't play it very well!  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #78 - Jul 25th, 2007 at 11:57am

You don't have to participate in MS sessions Wink But I understand you, I wouldn't come to Australia, South Africa or USA for tournament  Tongue And if you are interested in scores in Budapest in April 2007, go to http://www.minesweeper.cc/uploaded/budapest2007/ranking.php I don't think all players were THAT amazing (not speaking of freaks with sub400 total of 5 int and 5 exp times) Wink

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #79 - Jul 27th, 2007 at 10:03pm

Gabi will most probably play in Vienna (unless she'll have to work or if there should be any difficulties with am operation on her wrist which she recently mentioned).

Right now I'm in Germany and have only INet once in a while and for short, but in a week I'll be back home and know more Smiley

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Re: Nono World Championships
Reply #80 - Sep 1st, 2007 at 10:53am

Hi Nonosweepers,

the fourth Nonosweeper World Championship has been held in Vienna again. There was an interesting mode this time: We played a complete season, including 8 tournaments, with time slots between 10 and 20 minutes, and with tournament scoring.

Here are the final results:
Name (Nono nickname) 5x4/4
(10min)
12x12/108
(15min)
25x25/600
(15min)
18x17/9
(15min)
15x4/50
(15min)
6x16/73
(15min)
20x10/120
(20min)
Exp
(20min)
Sum of Points
(Sum of Times)
Stephan Bechtel (-) 5 (0.87) 6 (16.89) 8 (15.79) 8 (3.37) 5 (2.92) 8 (7.18) 5 (69.36) 8 (64.90) 53 (181.28)
Jan Farnik (Maruda) 8 (0.82) 5 (18.67) 6 (16.43) 5 (3.65) 8 (2.73) 6 (9.09) 8 (61.14) 6 (66.51) 52 (179.04)
Robert Farnik (Nikolaj) 6 (0.87) 8 (16.84) 5 (17.73) 6 (3.37) 6 (2.90) 5 (9.31) 6 (64.35) 5 (68.51) 47 (183.88)
Klára Binderová (Alliska) 3 (1.18) 4 (24.48) 4 (20.21) 3 (4.34) 3 (3.90) 4 (11.59) 2 (95.31) 1 (124.23) 24 (285.24)
Christoph Nikolaus (Christoph) 4 (0.98) 2 (38.54) 3 (21.96) 4 (4.17) 4 (3.03) 3 (13.67) 1 (99.67) 2 (115.35) 23 (297.37)
Nagy Gergely (Greg) 2 (1.25) 3 (37.84) 2 (34.18) 2 (6.39) 2 (6.28) 1 (15.25) 3 (90.93) 4 (77.07) 19 (269.19)
Gabi Schneider (Gabi) 0 (-) 0 (-) 0 (-) 0 (-) 0 (-) 2 (14.46) 4 (89.67) 3 (86.01) 9 (190.14)
Andreas Marx (-) 1 (1.81) 1 (54.67) 0 (65.67) 1 (7.25) 0 (8.89) 0 (-) 0 (-) 0 (-) 3 (138.29)
Thomas Kolar (-) 0 (2.31) 0 (92.45) 1 (52.57) 0 (11.10) 1 (8.46) 0 (-) 0 (-) 0 (-) 2 (166.89)

It was a great championship where the very last tournament (expert board) decided about the winner out of the group of Nikolaj, Maruda, and Stephan! So, you can see that it was pretty close between the first three positions, but also there was a hard fight for position #4 where Alliska, division 2, managed to beat Christoph, division 1.
« Last Edit: Sep 1st, 2007 at 12:45pm by Stephan »  

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #81 - Sep 3rd, 2007 at 12:32pm

Congratulations Stephan, it was really close competition and your performance was amazing!

But watch out, I'll be back next year and I'll be MUCH better Wink

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #82 - Sep 20th, 2008 at 1:50pm

I won, I won  Wink

Fortunately even this year Maruda couldn't use his mouse drivers so I had a chance to beat him and I did it Cheesy

I bet Christoph will provide detailed info soon

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #83 - Sep 20th, 2008 at 7:40pm

congratulations!

i'm quite curios what boards you played there..

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #84 - Sep 21st, 2008 at 6:00pm

Thanks.

My memory is not good but I'll try

Int, Exp, 5x4-4M, 8x8-50M, 20x5-80(?)M, 20x20-12(?)M, 10x12-100M, 7x13-70(? - very unsure here)M

Exp - 20 minutes
5x4-4M, 20x20-12(?)M - 10 minutes each
other 15 minutes each

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #85 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 7:34pm

Congratulations to Nikolaj, first Czech and first non-German Nonosweeper World Champion!
Maruda must be really disappointed, with getting vice champion for the 4th time?!

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #86 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 11:32pm

IP Logged

Maruda

Havirov, Czech republic
Reply #87 - Sep 23rd, 2008 at 5:36pm

@Stephan: i´m very satisfied with my performance Smiley i almost won with ball mouse Cheesy

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Re: Nonosweeper World Championships
Reply #88 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 10:09am

Hi guys,
the sixth Nonosweeper World Championships took place in Munich, Germany, yesterday.

Participants (Nono Pro account nickname in parentheses):
Stephan Bechtel (Stephan Bechtel)
Fritz Löhr (EWQMinesweeper)
Christoph Nikolaus (Christoph)
Bertie Seyffert (Tjips)
Thomas Kolar (-)
Eva Szepesi (-)

Thanks to all participants for a challenging tournament. Special thanks to EWQMinesweeper for the great organization.

For results, see following post or http://www.stephan-bechtel.de/nono-worldch.htm.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #89 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 10:10am

Rank Points Leg 1 Leg 2 Leg 3 Leg 4 Leg 5 Leg 6 Leg 7 Leg 8
Name Time Total 10x10/70 10x3/7 20x20/20 5x5/6 13x5/8 15x10/130 40x25/990 5x25/100
1 62 6 8 8 8 8 8 8 8
Stephan Bechtel (GER) 50.19 12.04 1.53 10.65 1.14 1.31 7.51 5.87 10.14
2 46 8 5 6 5 5 6 6 5
Fritz Löhr (GER) 52.53 11.87 1.93 10.82 1.42 2.34 7.68 6.15 10.32
3 46 5 6 5 6 6 5 5 8
Christoph Nikolaus (AUT) 70.05 23.07 1.54 12.59 1.29 1.98 10.23 9.21 10.14
4 27 3 2 4 4 3 4 4 3
Bertie Seyffert (RSA) 231.05 41.99 4.71 111.28 1.87 4.09 23.95 13.59 29.57
5 24 4 3 2 3 4 3 3 2
Thomas Kolar (AUT) 421.82 38.29 3.78 282.82 2.07 3.93 32.71 16.10 42.12
6 21 2 4 3 2 2 2 2 4
Eva Szepesi (AUT) 371.72 74.39 3.75 172.07 2.59 4.68 70.46 19.25 24.53

IP Logged

NYMIKE
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.4!

Reply #90 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 11:59pm

Congrats Stephan, well done all of you, I see you featured two of my favorite boards 10x10 70 and 40x25 990.

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #91 - Oct 30th, 2010 at 3:32pm

Congratulations Stephan, I wish I could've been there too. But I'd say my absence is quite understandable as on October 20th I became father  Wink

Let me introduce my daughter Nikol Cool

Hopefully I will have still some time to play at least few tournament games every week Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #92 - Mar 2nd, 2011 at 2:09pm

A bit late, but still: Congratulations  Smiley
You should find the time to play, so your daughter can watch and learn the necessary patterns early enough  Tongue
I hope you and your family are doing well. When I sometimes remember the championships I always remember what a great time we had and that it was a pleasure to meet you and your brother.  Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print