Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simplism Games Simplism Games
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Nonosweeper World Championships (Read 104133 times)
Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Re: sweeper tourny
Reply #60 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 9:41am

@Stephan: Looks like it only works for people with Firefox or Opera  Wink if there is something like MathML plugin for IE, you may try (the forumīs other section is about descriptive geometry)

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #61 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 1:13pm

Yes, unfortuneately I didn't recognize it too early. I made the forum originally for maths reasons. There everyone uses linux and FF, so noone had any problems with it.
Only now it turned out that IE has problems with the maths code in the *.php. But I really don't want to make up a complete new forum now since I've far too many other things to do.
(So if I do nothing else than motivate someone to use FireFox,...   Grin  )

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #62 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 1:44pm

Bad luck for me. At work, I don't have any other browser. But I'll have a look at it at home.

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #63 - Jul 28th, 2006 at 8:11am

Hi all, Iīm currently in PC lab of Vienna university, waiting for intermediate minesweeper session and in the meantime I got nice tourny time 1.61  Grin Unfortunately I lost to Stephan at MS beginner session grrrr  Wink

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #64 - Jul 28th, 2006 at 1:15pm

Obviously, all minesweeper sessions are over now, and I beat Nikolaj in all of them. Hopefully, this is a good sign for the nonosweeping sessions coming up soon Wink

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #65 - Jul 30th, 2006 at 2:48pm

Ah, ok, looks I like Iīm the first one getting to the internet  Wink. So as Christoph already announced at another topic, the winner of 2nd Vienna nonosweeper meeting is Stephan Bechtel. Congratulations Stephan!

First leg - best 2 intermediates in 30 minutes
Maruda - 15-17, me 16-16, but I was ranked 2 because of Marudaīs better 3rd game (17 vs. 18 ).

Second leg - best 2 experts in 30 minutes, I got my best expert session ever - 6 finished games (65, 66, 67, 70, 71, 74) and won this leg  Grin (Maruda was at 74, 79 (2 finished games) and Stephan 79, 84 (3 games) if I remember correctly)

Third leg - custom board 30x3 with 22 mines, 2 best times in 15 minutes - I got terribly beaten by Stephan (who won - donīt know exact times though) and Maruda.

Fourth leg - custom board 20x20 320 mines, 2 best in 30 minutes - Stephan dominated it... He was able to finish it NF quite often, resulting in few 70s or 80s, Maruda flagged all the way in like 113x2 and I tried most of the time to NF, but wasnīt able to finish, so I flagged 2 games in approximately 127 seconds (just to secure 3rd place) and then in my very last game I finally managed to finish NF - in 108 seconds Undecided.

Total points were
Stephan and Maruda 26
me 24

We decided there should be only one winner and the Vienna champion title should go to Stephan because he won 2 legs.

I hope after Christoph gets some sleep (finally  Wink ) he will find time to publish all results (we had 8 participants  Shocked )

Oh and I almost forgot: Thank you Christoph for perfect tournament, we had great time in Vienna. There is only one thing I didnīt like, and you can fix for the next year: you have to fix my placement  Grin

IP Logged

Greg
YaBB Newbies

expert rulez!!!

Hungary
Reply #66 - Mar 29th, 2007 at 9:02pm

Hello!
Been a long time but now I want you to sound your opinion: what format should the nonosweeper session have at the upcoming Budapest event? i.e. how many beg/int/exp games would you want to play? (there won't be special boards like last time in Vienna - sorry)
Gergely Smiley

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #67 - Mar 29th, 2007 at 9:15pm

hey greg! I think the last yearīs format was good enough. 2 (or 2.5 hours? crappy memory  Wink) hours of "do what you like" session.

btw the tourny was not officially announced here. so:
dear sweepers the first official minesweeper championship sponsored by microsoft hungary is going to take place in Budapest on April 14th. Nonosweeper is going to be side event.

for more information go to http://www.minesweeper.info/MicrosoftAnnouncement.html

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #68 - Apr 17th, 2007 at 7:12am

Hey guys!

Unfortunately this time in Budapest lots of sweepers left early on Sunday when Nonosweeper session should take place. Thus we decided to cancel it  Cry At least Stephan has a chance to defend his title in Vienna. Vienna tournament will be August 31st  - September 1st. I really hope some more sweepers will fight there Wink. I think Christoph will provide more information  Smiley

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #69 - Jun 21st, 2007 at 2:43pm

Hey Christoph,
will Vienna III take place during the weekend announced by Nikolaj? I can't find any official announcement so far.

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #70 - Jun 21st, 2007 at 4:38pm

Hey!
99.99% yes.
I need to talk to the admin and the secreteries for fixing the room reservation - I hope to get that fixed tomorrow.
I plan it to be a friday+saturday event... any complaints on that?
cu christoph

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #71 - Jun 22nd, 2007 at 7:50am

Friday and saturday is generally okay. But do you mean that it will be a 2-day event, e.g. having a Minesweeper friday and a Nonosweeper saturday or something like that? Would be interesting to know - if I stay in PC labs for 2 days, my girlfriend won't like to come with me to Vienna Sad
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2007 at 8:23am by Stephan »  

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #72 - Jul 16th, 2007 at 10:53am

http://www.dotti.at/ms/index.php?data=53&men2=1&men3=5&style=1

Yes, it will be a two day event. I remember some people asking me if a two day event would be doable. Addtionally it opend the opportunity to arrange the sessions in a way that one can watch some games of the best players.

We talked about the 'girlfriend-issue' already in budapest. I think Yvonne and Nicole went for shopping or something there. I thought about organizing something for the non-playing girlfriends during the sessions. Brunch and shopping would fit (I think). I mentioned also the idea of a mensstrip to Yvonne and Damien, but he intensely vetoed on that  Grin
If someone has some more ideas just let me know.

For the Nonosweeper section I didn't fix the rules yet. But I intend something similar to last year (for who wasn't there: we played 4 shourt sessions with tourny points).
Since it's a two day event now, we could fit a season in it. But I'm not sure about the point system - we could have more than 8 players (I estimate: Nikolaj, Maruda, Stephan, Gergely, Gabi, Manu, Tommy and me plus the unexpected Smiley ) and wouldn't like players to get 0 points - just for non-frustration reasons.
So also here: please come up with ideas (in time).

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #73 - Jul 20th, 2007 at 3:08pm

Okay, thanks for clarifying.

About tournament points, I suggest the following:
If there are x players, the best players gets x+1 points, the second-best x-1, rank #3 gets x-2 and so on (last players gets 1 point). Means that it's the same as usual (2-point gap between #1 and #2, else 1-point gap), just with an addition due to more players.
In case of seven players, we would have regular tournament scoring of 8-6-5-4-3-2-1...

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #74 - Jul 24th, 2007 at 4:35pm

Hi Nonosweepers,

4th Nonosweeper World Championship is coming - so let's meet in Vienna.
By now, it's already sure that 50% of division 1 players will participate (Christoph, Maruda, Nikolaj, Stephan).

I just wanted to tell that I would highly appreciate to see top players like hexx, Luca Vezzoni, Roland Seibt, Qetuth, Vladimir Orlov, Dragon, Alliska, Manuel Heider, piman, Caren, Gabi, Kobbie, Bobo, rincewind, Peter, Richard, hmp, Thy Cowman, Brett Z, Spot, Asen BG, Gracebalma and others. Think about it - it's extreme fun! And I assume that most of you play minesweeper as well, so you can easily participate at two World Championships at only one week-end Shocked

Players listed above who won't participate could at least write a post in this forum thread to show some community activity Wink

P.S. Maybe Alliska's real name is Klara B. and she has already registered?!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print