Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simplism Games Simplism Games
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
Nonosweeper World Championships (Read 104153 times)
Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Re: sweeper tourny
Reply #45 - Feb 24th, 2006 at 8:20pm

Hi guys,
as last year's silver medal world champion Wink, I want to wish good luck to everyone who participates tomorrow. Have fun!

Bad luck that I won't be in Budapest. But with Maruda, Gero, Nikolaj, Christoph and Greg, there should be 5/16 of the current top 2 divisions' players!

@Gero: You have to defend your title! Czech Republic has won an Olympic gold medal today, that must be enough Grin

@Maruda: As hexx' strongest opponent in the last T seasons, I'd bet some euros on you winning the title, but betandwin.de doesn't offer nono WC bets...

@Nikolaj: What about a surprising second place, beating either your brother or Gero?

@Christoph: Do you remember your WC score of Vienna 2005? You should beat your bests by far, shouldn't you?

@Greg: Hopefully, you find the time again after the WC to play some tournament boards and stay in division 2.

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #46 - Feb 25th, 2006 at 10:17am

1. Gero
2. Maruda
3. Nikolaj
4. Greg
5. Christoph
6. Füleki Dāniel (hungarian future)

Detailed standings available  at http://ms.dotti.at/ms/index.php?data=33&men2=1&men3=3&style=1

@Stephan: We played on non-pro version, but that is no excuse for result over 500... I'm really disappointed with it. I didn't even get close to Gero and Maruda  Angry. I blasted one 77 due to misflag. That would get me sub500. Grr  Wink

OK, my goal for Vienna is to beat YOU  Grin

IP Logged

Gero & Nikolaj & Maruda

Reply #47 - Feb 26th, 2006 at 4:06pm

Hello sweepers!

Right now we're at our hotel' s internet PC writing this post for the second time. We're watching some of your good times - congrats Stephan and hexx. 2nd sub 50 - amazing!

We must say we had really great time here and we will definitely try to get to Vienna for another live tournament. As Christoph said it will be held on July 28th (due to security restrictions it can't be on saturday). We would really like to see some more nonosweepers there! What do you think? Stephan? Roli? Luca? hexx? Or any other sweepers of course?

See you in Vienna  Grin

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #48 - Feb 26th, 2006 at 4:19pm

@Nikolaj: 505 is a good score, 24 seconds faster than I was in Vienna.

And it seems that the competition between Gero and Maruda (I didn't know that your name is Jan until now Wink) was a very hard one.

I'll check out soon whether the announced Vienna appointment is possible for me.

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #49 - Feb 28th, 2006 at 8:35am

@Stephan: well, youīre right 505 isnīt that bad - Iīm especially proud on 16 intermediate, but my goal was to sub 480. After discovering we will play on standard version (i.e. no blanks white and no thick gridlines) I wanted to go at least sub 500. No offence Greg, I know conditions were the same for everybody and I really enjoyed it, Iīm only too used to my settings so I knew it will worse my performance Wink On the other hand my times were quite consistent. I had only 2 over 90 and like 12-13 sub 88 Wink

Speaking of hard fight between Maruda and Gero, Gero was sitting between me and Maruda and it was really annoying when I heard from the left "Yahoo 16" "63" "67" etc. when my times were not even sub 80 Grin

And I forgot one really important thing! Many thanks to Greg for organizing this competiton. It was one of the greatest trips I ever had!

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #50 - May 18th, 2006 at 10:01am

Hello fellow sweepers!
This years vienna tourney will take place on the 28th of July (that's a friday - unfortuneately I couldn't get a saturday since we've a raised security level Sad

You can find an announcement on my site: http://localhost/minesweeper/index.php?data=40&men2=1&men3=4&style=1

A little correction: there's written that it's unlikely that the timetable will be changed, but it's most likely, that the sessinons will be toggled so that we'll play nonosweeper as last event of the day.

This year we'll play four half-hour-sessions. For each there will be points like for the weekly tournaments and the sum of this points will decide the tourny.  The main difference will be that not the best game will decide a session but the sum of the best two games.
There will be one int and one exp session. The other two sessions are ment to contain random boards (but not large ones). I plan one to be a low density boared, for the other I'm open for suggestions.

To register for the tourney just send a mail to christophmarx1981@yahoo.de
You'll than be added to the list of registed players on my site (unless you tell me to not announce your name). And please mention if you want to also paritcipiate in the minesweeper section.

thanks
Christoph

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #51 - May 18th, 2006 at 11:22am

Hi Christoph,

I can say there is 99.5% chance I will come and Iīd like to take part in MS sessions too  8). Iīll send confirmation mail probably in the beginning of July. Is it ok for you?

Your link is broken, probably due to linking to localhost  Grin. Dear sweepers follow this link http://www.dotti.at/ms/index.php?data=40&men2=1&men3=4&style=1 until Christoph modifies previous post.

As for 2 random boards: Iīm ok with low denstiy one (although I donīt like low density boards much - maybe because Iīm not good on them  Wink) and I wouldnīt exclude large boards with extremely high density (those finished in ~10-30 seconds), it could be motivation for Stephan to come Grin. I think we can arrange exact look of those 2 boards during break for lunch. Donīt you think?

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #52 - May 18th, 2006 at 2:01pm

There is a 70% chance that I'll come to Vienna again. I'll see whether I can get some vacation days.

Concerning the tourny's system: Okay for me. As random boards, I would prefer big density and/or small one with very low density. Low density on big size like 12x12/45 MUST NOT be part of the tourny Wink.
Something like 6x25 with 100 mines is fun as well. So, extreme rectangle could be nice, too.

IP Logged

Maruda

I really love this game;D

Havirov, Czech republic
Reply #53 - May 19th, 2006 at 5:36am

Hi Christoph,
I can say there is 99.5% chance I will come and Iīd like to take part in MS sessions too 8). Iīll send confirmation mail probably in the beginning of July. Is it ok for you? Grin Grin Grin
btw. I donīt like most of the boards, so it doesnīt matter which one will be chosen Grin

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #54 - May 19th, 2006 at 6:05am

@Stephan: Original idea was to suggest bunch of X,Y axis numbers and density percentages and make boards completely random (picking up from the pot). If Christoph wants to have one low density board, probably it means for the first round of pot-picking % restriction to <50%. I think he wants toselect cathegory of the 2nd board and apply same principle. Am I right Christoph?

Good to hear there is quite high chance for me to have fearsome opponent  Grin (I already booked 2 vacation days  Wink)

@Maruda: Donīt use my words!  Tongue

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #55 - Jun 6th, 2006 at 8:08am

Yes, Nikolaj, that was the idea and is still planned. I'm only a bit undecided if it's perhaps better to pick boards randomly from the existing tournerment boards. However, that's a minor problem and I'll decide that (with respect to the suggestions I'll receive) as soon as my semester is over (three and a half week from now).

Something more important: Manuel Haider was thinking about comeing to the tourny. But since he has to be back home on Saturday morning he needs to catch a flight on Friday in the late afternoon. He could only do so, if we'd finish earlier with the minesweeper. So: Would it produce a problem for anyone of you if we'd first play minesweeper and finish with the nonosweeper session?

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #56 - Jun 6th, 2006 at 9:06am

@Christoph: I have no problem with nonosweeper being the last session, suppose all nonosweepers will also take part in MS sessions = we will all be tired (hey Stephan, our usual playing conditions Wink).

As for boards, I like the idea of full randomness, but you are the organizer Wink. What if we selected the 2nd cathegory randomly?

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #57 - Jun 6th, 2006 at 8:07pm

Yes, we will be tired, and yes, these are my usual playing conditions. Not preferred by myself, but not a real problem for me, though.

About the boards: As we probably won't find two "regular T" categories that don't give an extraordinary advantage to any player, I think maybe it's the best to choose two random boards (but maybe two random boards out of the T pool instead of two totally random boards).

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #58 - Jul 9th, 2006 at 10:25am

I made up a little forum for the Vienna tourny.  I think that might be helpful to coordinate also with the Minesweeper players.

http://www.dotti.at/forum/index.php?forum=2#forum2

Hope you'll enjoy it  Smiley

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #59 - Jul 10th, 2006 at 9:37am

I cannot open the forum. Are you sure that everything works fine with the index.php file? ??? ???
Any other sweeper having the same problems?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print