Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simplism Games Simplism Games
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Nonosweeper World Championships (Read 104138 times)
Jon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Nonosweeper World Championships
May 30th, 2005 at 8:05pm

Hi,

I made a suggestion in Damien's guestbook (www.metanoodle.com/minesweeper) that there could be a little Nonosweeping in the next minesweeper tourny. Is anyone here interested in participating if we can arrange that? I understand that the tourny will be arranged 6th or 13th of August. Tell me what you think.
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2010 at 9:59am by Stephan »  

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Re: sweeper tourny
Reply #1 - May 31st, 2005 at 10:37am

I would be interested. Maybe this would be a reason for me to participate in the minesweeper tournament even if I had already retired.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #2 - Jun 26th, 2005 at 7:15pm

To beam this thread up in the list of threads, I write another reply to Jon's message.

Hey guys, what about a sweeping tournament? We should show the minesweeping community that there is another game out there Smiley.

The tournament is on 13th of August in Vienna (AUT).

I would just be interested whether you would definitively come, try to come or definitively not come. What about a short answer?

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #3 - Jun 27th, 2005 at 8:36am

The sweeping tournament sounds a great idea,  unfortunately i'm on vacation at that time, so i can't
participate.   Undecided

IP Logged

Jon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Jun 27th, 2005 at 7:39pm

Sorry for being a little lazy. I tend to be excited about something one day, and then lose interest. Anyway, I have the address to the web site where you can find information about the tournament:

http://ms.dotti.at/ms/

If you want to participate, you should check it out. You can also send a mail to this address:

christophmarx1981@yahoo.de

It's not yet clear how much of the tournament will be dedicated to nonosweeper. Those who are interested in participating, can suggest what you want to play. Intermediate and expert are probably two good choices. Tell me if you're interested in other levels. Maybe even custom games. I think it might be easiest to play the standard levels though. I don't know about any other good ways to get people's score than to start with an empty hiscores.dat-file and just see who gets the best scores. Maybe we could take screenshots. Do you have any better solutions?

I hope some of you are interested in participating. If not, I guess some of the guys in the minesweeper tourny will play a little Nonosweeper. 8)

IP Logged

Jon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #5 - Jul 9th, 2005 at 7:45pm

I have contacted Cristoph about the Nonosweeper-part of the tournament. He suggested that we could play Nonosweeper early (possibly 2 hours, between 10 and 12). I guess there will be one hour for intermediate and one for expert. If you don't have a better suggestion, the winner on each level will be the person with the lowest average time (of the 5 best times). I also suggest an overall winner where the average intermediate time is multiplied by 3 and added to the average expert time.

I think we'll all be using the latest PRO-account (if someone does not have a PRO-account, I guess the freeware version is good enough for this tournament). Just bring the files you need on a disk or download it from internet in Vienna.

Please tell me if you have suggestions or disagree with something.

IP Logged

Jon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2005 at 2:08pm

Yariv told me that he suggested to Cristoph to download the PRO-version on all the computers we'll be using, so you don't need to bring any files after all.

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #7 - Jul 12th, 2005 at 12:08am

Who of the Nonosweepers will now come to Vienna? I'm not sure currently, wheather I'll come or not, because I don't now, if my friends will come with me. If they'll go to sweeper tourny, I'll go, too for sure. If they don't go, I don't really now what I'll do. So who of you will I meat, when I go to Vienna (alone or not)?

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #8 - Jul 12th, 2005 at 11:02am

By now, it is 90% sure that I'll come.

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #9 - Jul 14th, 2005 at 11:37am

So nobody else than Stephan and Jon (I think) will be there, right? Otherwise you would have answered my post.

IP Logged

Jon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #10 - Jul 16th, 2005 at 8:32pm

It's almost certain that I'll be there. I have booked a flight. Cristoph has scheduled Nonosweeper to 9.30-11.30. Since nobody suggested anything else, I'll tell him that we'll play one hour of intermediate and one hour of expert. I suggest we take screenshots of our best times, and the winner is the person with the lowest sum of his top-5 times for that level. If you don't like the idea about screenshots, we'll just use the hiscores.dat-file (but then we won't get as high precision in the times, I think). We can make a democratic decision about that in Vienna if you like.

If someone does not get five scores on a level, I suggest the following: Every score that is missing is calculated as 1,2 * the worst of the other scores. If a player has the following three scores on expert: 86-91-100, his fourth score would be 120, and his fifth score would be 144. If this player already had a fourth score of 127 seconds, he should be able to discard it, because he would have gotten a better overall score by not finishing that game.

The formula for determining the overall winner will be:

average expert time + 3 * average intermediate time

Please reply if you disagree with something here. It should be possible to modify these rules a little if needed.

I think Cristoph mentioned that at least one of the Minesweeper guys was going to participate in the Nonosweeper-part of the tournament. At least I hope he will.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #11 - Jul 17th, 2005 at 6:43pm

Rules are okay. And Jon, if no one else will play Nonosweeper, we'll have a nice battle nonetheless Grin

But: @all: Think about it. It's certainly fun to play a live tournament! Come to Vienna!
@Gero: Komm, auf geht's, Wien ist ja echt nicht weit weg, wenn man eh schon in Bayern wohnt!!!

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #12 - Jul 25th, 2005 at 3:53pm

@Stephan: Hätt einige Fragen an dich bezüglich dem Tournament: Wie kommst du denn hin, wo übernachtest du und wie lange bleibst du in Wien? Ich hab mir grad Zugverbindungen besorgt. Und eigentlich hab ich vor in einem Hotel zu übernachten, von Freitag abend bis Sonntag früh. Allerdings bin ich im Moment noch alleine, deswegen würd ich mich auch evtl nach dir richten. Sicher ist bei mir leider noch gar nichts. Antworte bitte möglichst schnell, die Zeit wird nämlich langsam knapp. Undecided

@other Tournament players (is it only you Jon?): How long do you stay in Vienna and where will you sleep? Which Hotel or Youth hostel?

IP Logged

Jon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #13 - Jul 25th, 2005 at 5:20pm

Cristoph suggested that we could just place the people that finish less than five boards below those who finish five boards. That's ok by me. It just means that you might have to play a little more safe if needed. I haven't arranged acommodation yet. I'm just gonna see if I find something on the links Cristoph provided. I heard that there were at least two of the regular minesweepers that said they would participate in the nonosweeper-part too (Gergely and Cristoph).

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #14 - Jul 25th, 2005 at 5:26pm

I'm asking, because currently it seems when I'll come, I'll come alone. So it would be nice perhaps, if I'm in the same hotel, where others of the sweepers spend their night

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print