Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simplism Games Simplism Games
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Nonosweeper World Championships (Read 104132 times)
Greg

Re: sweeper tourny
Reply #30 - Nov 11th, 2005 at 9:22pm

Hey there!
Yes, I can confirm that there'll be a nonosweeper part at Budapest Sweeper Tournament;) That is the second part of Feb 2006. (Exact date will be announced around New Year.)
Everyone's welcome!

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #31 - Nov 12th, 2005 at 4:07pm

I probably can't go. Undecided
On Feb 4th i will be submitted to surgery and need 4 weeks to full recovery. Tongue
So , i'm out this time.
But it is my intention to be present in the next summer tourny. Smiley

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #32 - Dec 13th, 2005 at 6:23pm

Iīm proud to quote Greg  Wink:

"I'm proud to announce: the second Budapest Minesweeper Tournament will be held on 25th February, 2006!!!

Everyone's invited!
There'll be a nonosweeper part, too, so practice on that as well!
See You All Here!!!"

So donīt forget to mark this day in your calendar and come  Grin.

IP Logged

Greg

Reply #33 - Dec 28th, 2005 at 7:48pm

and again: mine- and nonosweeper tournament, Budapest, Hungary, February 25 2006!
Well, this post is about the accomodation: last time, the Hotel Griff Junior was the place to stay, and as it's quite cheap and near to the event, I'd recommend it this time, too. For unbiased opinion on it, ask Damien or Roman or Christoph. You don't have to book a room, because it's not a so frequented place - at least last time I was around there, keys were hanging at the reception in large number. The homepage is http://www.gerandhotels.hu/index.php
which has English language feature, too.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #34 - Dec 29th, 2005 at 12:02pm

I've just read the announcement of the exact date in february. Unfortunately, I won't be able to join the tournament in Budapest Sad. Happy sweeping anyway!

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #35 - Dec 30th, 2005 at 7:41am

@Stephan: That means no adversary for me... Sob  Cry Maruda and (hopefully-he-will-be-there) Gero are too far away from me and Greg seems to have intermediate syndrome not only in minesweeper Wink.

@Greg: Hope you got my mail confirming Marudaīs and my arrival. If not - we are both coming  Grin.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #36 - Dec 30th, 2005 at 9:18am

@Nikolaj: I would have been there if the tournament took place during a "free" weekend. But on that day, I'm going on a weekend vacation trip which is already booked, so no chance Sad!

Hopefully, we can play some direct competition in summer! And look at Gero's int times in Vienna: If you can achieve your at-home-performance and the others play nervously due to tournament atmosphere, who know whether you won't beat them. Good luck Wink

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #37 - Dec 30th, 2005 at 3:54pm

@Stephan: Bad luck, but hopefully in Vienna we will cross our swords  Grin. After checking Geroīs times I must say itīs still beyond my abilities to get 5 sub18 AND 5 sub80 in 2 hours period. But I still have 2 months for practising  Grin.

IP Logged

Greg
YaBB Newbies

expert rulez!!!

Hungary
Reply #38 - Jan 10th, 2006 at 10:45pm

Everyone, I thought about having the same format on the nonosweeper tournament in Budapest we had in Vienna. That would mean 2 hours of playing time, best 5 of both int and exp summed up, lowest total wins. It would be an exhibition event as well, but the temporary schedule tells there won't be too many spectators around as I plan nonosweeper to be the first in the program.
What do Ya think about the rules?

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #39 - Jan 11th, 2006 at 4:13pm

@Greg: I donīt know whether in Vienna was 1 hour Int and 1 hour Exp or 2 hours and do whatever you want. I suppose who doesnīt finish 5 boards of each level is put to the bottom of rankings and better expert sum is favored when two players are tied? Or will not-finisher take penalty (4 scores: 10%, 3 scores: 20%, 2 scores: 30%, 1 score: 40% as in nonosweeper rankings)? Any format is good, although I would prefer 2 hours and freedom + not-finisher is ranked at the bottom).

And if I understand you correctly, you intend to have spectators there (besides minesweepers waiting for their session)? Sounds like I really have to work hard, February 25th is dangerously near  Grin

IP Logged

Greg
YaBB Newbies

expert rulez!!!

Hungary
Reply #40 - Jan 11th, 2006 at 10:36pm

Hello Everyone!
I just uploaded some basic information about THE TOURNAMENT. Check it out and register! Grin Cheesy

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #41 - Jan 12th, 2006 at 6:07am

@Greg: Rules perfectly fit to my needs but I donīt know whether at 9 a.m. my brain will be working properly  Grin

IP Logged

Greg
YaBB Newbies

expert rulez!!!

Hungary
Reply #42 - Jan 16th, 2006 at 11:15am

Nikolaj, I think the schedule is flexible enough Wink The main point was inserting a longer break between the two main sections, but if everyone who participates in the nonosweeper contest agrees we can play from 9:30-9:45. That's meaning less time to have some lunch, of course. Tongue

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #43 - Jan 16th, 2006 at 12:13pm

@Greg: No way! Lunch is the most important part of the contest!  Grin Iīll have cold shower, hope it will be sufficient to wake me up  Wink

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #44 - Feb 11th, 2006 at 9:46am

Just wanted to announce that I will be in Budapest and that I'm REALLY HAPPY to see Nikolaj and Maruda. I'm sure it will be GREAT!!! Cheesy Grin 8)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print