Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simplism Games Simplism Games
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Nonosweeper World Championships (Read 104141 times)
Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Re: sweeper tourny
Reply #15 - Jul 26th, 2005 at 7:03am

That not-5-finished-games-rule is okay for me, too.

@Gero: I'm going by train on friday, but I explained in more detail in the reply to your e-mail.

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #16 - Jul 28th, 2005 at 6:51pm

So I'll be one of the few people, who will participate Nonosweeper tournament in Vienna, too. I'm happy I can go there, too.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #17 - Jul 28th, 2005 at 8:01pm

@Gero: Of course, I appreciate it to see players "live", but I already see myself finishing "only" in second or third place. Will be hard against Jon and you.

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #18 - Jul 28th, 2005 at 8:31pm

I really hope that I'll win the Nono tournament. But I'm sure I'll be very excited, so it's possible that I don't play very good times. Last days when I played Int, I had most times an average time around 15-16. I really hope, I can do that in Vienna, too. And when I should train Exp really hard the next days, perhaps an average of 69 is possible. But that's only a nice dream I have I think. But a 70's average (perhaps around 75s) should be doable.

What scores do you expect yourself to get?

In Minesweeper I'll be not very good. I never really broke completely through the 70's barrier. So when I'll finish enough Exp boards (that will be a problem for me) I will have only times in the 70's I think. That's not so nice. Undecided But I trained the last weeks nearly only Nono and MM. Once I had a really good phase, where nearly all my finished games were sub70's. But that was only once and I don't think I'll get something equal so fast again.

Happy sweeping all!!! Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2005 at 10:13pm by Gero »  

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #19 - Jul 29th, 2005 at 5:47am

I didn't play many normal level games these days, (but mostly tournament games), so I don't expect anything. Maybe avg 21 in int and avg 85 in expert.

Compared with your averages, it's absolutely unrealistic that I finish in #1. And I assume that Jon can beat my times as well. So, maybe I can even get a "Stockerlplatz" Wink as #3.

And Minesweeper, I haven't been playing at all for the last 10 months. So, maybe, I can do a 25-80 average...

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #20 - Jul 31st, 2005 at 6:44pm

I'm pretty sure that it was less than 1 hour where I reached following scores for Int:
13-14-15-15-15. That's average 14,4. That would be really cool, if I could do the same in Vienna.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #21 - Aug 1st, 2005 at 7:15pm

I did nearly the same yesterday, but 6 seconds slower... My goal is to get at least 2 sub-20s and 1 sub-80 in Vienna (as I don't know how concentrated I can play with lots of voices etc. around)

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #22 - Aug 1st, 2005 at 9:17pm

That will be really a problem: People talking around you, people watching over your back to see how you play and comment on your playing. Things like "Ohhhhh, how fast he is, will he get a new record?" which makes you nervous and screwing up the game. I hope there won't be too much people while Nono tournament. Cheesy

IP Logged

Jon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #23 - Aug 10th, 2005 at 8:20pm

I think it's very modest of you to suppose that I will beat any one of you two. I haven't been practicing much lately, and I think I'm going to have problems finishing five good expert boards.

Of course I'm just saying this to lull you into a false sense of security Wink

Well. I have a plane to catch soon. Good luck in Vienna, guys.

-Jon Simonsen

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #24 - Aug 14th, 2005 at 8:33pm

So, maybe someone should post the latest news:
Yesterday, the first live Nonosweeper tournament was held in Vienna. There were 5 participants out of all divisions and of 4 countries, so it was a good mixture of players.

Our congratulations are going to the first Nonosweeper World Champion Gero Wälz who finished in first position with a gap of loads of seconds (detailed results will soon be available at http://minesweeper.dotti.at).

The final ranking looked like this:
1. Gero Wälz (GER)
2. Stephan Bechtel (GER)
3. Jon Simonsen (NOR)
4. Nagy Gergely (HUN) [aka Greg]
5. Christoph Marx (AUT)

It was a great pleasure to meet some players in "real". So, all of you should try to be there when another tournament will be organized sometimes!

IP Logged

Jon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #25 - Aug 15th, 2005 at 7:52am

Congrats to Gero from me too 8)

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #26 - Aug 15th, 2005 at 11:04am

It was a really nice tournament, even there weren't so much people there. It was also nice, as Stephan said, to meet the others sweepers personally. Smiley
Thanks for your congrats.

The results are now online on the address, Stephan posted before. So have a look at them. Soon there will be some statements of the participants.

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #27 - Nov 11th, 2005 at 6:19am

Hi,

few months after Vienna tournament nonosweepers have opportunity to meet again. Greg arranges minesweeper tournament in Budapest (2nd half of February). When I asked whether there is nonosweeper part he replied "I think there can be a nonosweeper part, too. It only depends on how many players would like to play it. "

Maruda and I want to come, with Greg and Christoph it´s 4 people who may want to take part in nonosweeper.

It would be nice to meet there. Anybody interested?

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #28 - Nov 11th, 2005 at 5:09pm

Interested: yes! I'd like to come but Budapest is a 7-hours train trip (one way) or a 150€ flight. Both doesn't sound very attractive.

I'll decide later, maybe spontaneously Wink.

What about the other Top10 players? hexx? Luca? Gero? Roland? The ones I forgot to mention?

IP Logged

Luca

1-10,03-47-131

Milano, Italy
Reply #29 - Nov 11th, 2005 at 9:14pm

Oh, I really don't know.  ???
Sorry

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print