Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simplism Games Simplism Games
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19
Send Topic Print
New personal records (Read 137815 times)
Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Re: New personal records
Reply #90 - Jun 2nd, 2005 at 10:49am

@Maruda: I know that, of course, but playing Genius takes too much time a) to finish a board and b) to get a fast board. During the summer, there are only few reasons to stay at the PC whole afternoons or evenings to improve one's Geinus times Wink.

So, it's more likely that I will drop out of the Top10 than that I improve my record.

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #91 - Jun 6th, 2005 at 2:40pm

History has been made!!!!

Guys, let me introduce you the first of it's kind.

The first sub-60s

P.S.1 - Luca, say something. You said once, that i would achieve 52s. Well, 55.37 is not that far!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wink
P.S.2 - MAN, i'm really happy. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

... and 61.25, 61.34, 61.46 and 61.53.

« Last Edit: Jun 7th, 2005 at 10:51am by hexx »  

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #92 - Jun 6th, 2005 at 2:48pm

Well, I'm first:

Congrats to this really great and impressive score. I thought a while ago that sub60 is impossible. But you didn't got a bad sub60 but even a score right in the middle of the 50's. WOW!!! Shocked

Hm, perhaps sub50 is possible, too. What do you think, hexx? Do you have a special tactic for expert again? Or just sweeping like hell? Wink

I see, I have to play expert again. But my computer is currently away, because it must get repaired. Hope I get it back soon. Don't want ot miss a tourny after I'm under top3.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #93 - Jun 6th, 2005 at 9:31pm

@hexx: Congratulations! Nearly five months after I achieved my 63 (which was kind of unbelievable at that time), you entered a new dimension. With 1-12-55, you would even get a decent rank in a MINEsweeper ranking (I never thought that this will be possible)!

Btw, with the exception of Maruda, you're the only one of the top players who uses an real-name-hiding user name. Will you sometimes reveal your real name? Would be very sympathetic, Hector (?? - just a possibly stupid guess Grin)!

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #94 - Jun 7th, 2005 at 10:37am

@Gero:

Sub50s!
Hmmmm, i don't know. Undecided
There is a chinese adage that says:" A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step" and i have just performed a "500 miles step", which means a "step bigger than my own legs"!!!!!
So far, i can assure you that 57s or 58s are achivable. 55s was a full and pleasant surprise. Cheesy

P.S. WACHT OUT!!!!
Genius level is the next CLIENT, and my main goal is to find 1 mine per second, in short, i want to do 148s. Wink

@Stephan and all of you:

I dont have any intention to keep my real name secret, i just use the nickname hexx on everything related to the web. Phonetically sounds good and is easy to memorize.
Here is my profile:
Name: Paulo Justo
Citizenship: Portuguese
Job: Day trader (stock market investor)
Hobby: Nonosweeping
Minesweeper records: 1-22-74

P.S. What about making 15s or 16s on intermediate, it would be nice!  Smiley
I saw your 22s video and noticed that you swing too much. Just do as i said: sweep edges first and then sweep rows using edges to get info.
But there is more, 1s would be nice too. When i visited your website i noticed that you still don't have 1s (Nono and Minesweeper ???). I believe it is a tactic issue. In just 2 weeks (2 hours daily) it is possible to achieve both scores. What do you think, Stephan? (After this you can enjoy the sun, chicks and alcohol!!!!!!!!)
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2005 at 8:14am by hexx »  

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #95 - Jun 7th, 2005 at 10:44am

OH, i forgot to say.....

Yes, i have a new Expert strategy, and it is my intention to post in the forums, problably Thursday or Friday.

IP Logged

Luca

1-10,03-47-131

Milano, Italy
Reply #96 - Jun 7th, 2005 at 1:28pm

Congratulations to you Hexx!
I think you are a little bit faster than us, but not so much as 6 sec from me and 13 from gero, exc

Tournament demonstrate this (I had 6,54 in T5 but for technical problems I couldn't upload it)
So someone will go under 60

I play without thinking but I think you study before playing.. your new strategies demonstrate this

congratulations again
I said that you would be the first

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #97 - Jun 7th, 2005 at 3:45pm

@hexx: Thank you, Paulo! Interesting that you're 30. I always thought you guys must be pupils or students according to the time you seem to play nonosweeper each day. I'm 28, and after working 8 hours each day with a PC, I don't really enjoy sitting several hours in front of a PC again in the evenings...

About my 22: I hate guessing. So, I make guesses in the first row, and afterwards play by logic in 99% of the cases. Sometimes, this is fast, sometimes not. But I prefer having a logically solved 19 than a lucky guess 16. And your strategy of starting with all edges is good and fast, but seldomly to be solved without a lot of luck with the mines' positions. So, I need to much games until I find one where all edges are obvious...

About my 2s: In Minesweeper, I tried for several years and got a 2.06 as personal best. For a long time, I played the old MS version where you need a good board AND the luck of the time jump not happening.
In Nonosweeper, I tried again, but I need too much time in the start, so even if there is a good mine arrangement, I'm likely to need the 2 seconds. But I don't care a lot. I mostly like nonosweeper due to its challenging idea, and I don't really see that challenge in beginner level.
And, finally, I prefer enjoying sun, chick and alcohol right now, not in a few weeks. So, 2 hours daily for 2 weeks are way too long.

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #98 - Jun 7th, 2005 at 4:58pm

Should I be happy or sad? ???

It was a 14,17s, so nearly 13s and I played it on the computer of my parents, so I don't have a vid.

But still... it's nice to have such a good score. Grin

Btw, I finished school, so I have a LOOOOOOOOT time now to play Nono and other games. So be careful, I'm coming to get new #1! Wink

@hexx: Not bad times in Minesweeper for the fact that you don't like this game very much. Smiley

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #99 - Jun 7th, 2005 at 5:26pm

Yeahh!!!

Achieving 14s is a nice sensation, isn' it Gero? Wink
Today i did 13.78 and last week i did 13.89. Grin
Mail me the screenshot or post it in the forums.

You are the one who can save me! Undecided
I have been experiencing problems with camtasia.
I want to record my genius games, but the game gets so slow and flagging is a nightmare that gameplay is next to impossible. (I'm using a 590x540 pixel area with 8 frames capture per second)
What can I do? Angry
I'm doing something wrong? ???

P.S. Who said i don't like Minesweeper!!!!!
I love the game, my problem was that at the time i got fed-up. Tongue

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #100 - Jun 7th, 2005 at 5:37pm

Of course, it's always nice to get a new record. Grin

But I love vids and I don't have one of this game. That's my major problem. Sad

You use a fixed region for recording, right? Record with the window option. Sometimes it will be too small then you must stop recording and start it again so the window gets bigger. If you record like this I think the size of your vid is smaller and so the computer should be faster while recording. Try that out. If it doesn't help I cannot help you until I haven't got my computer back. Don't know how long I must wait for it.

Minesweeper: I think it was in a pretty early post of you where you said something like that. But I'm not sure anymore.

Well, I really hope that I'm able to save you, but I'm not too sure. And if Luca would play (any)more he would have the chance to save you, too.
What's up Luca? Why not thinking about your decision once again and change it? Grin

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #101 - Jun 8th, 2005 at 9:43am

WOHO: 2nd 14s!!! Grin

But again very close to 13s (14,09s) and again no vid. Angry

But when I have 13sx5 vids I don't need 14s vids anymore. Wink

@hexx: I have too much time, so I searched for your post in the forum where I thought you said you don't like Minesweeper. It's in the 1 second time? section on the first page. You just say that Nono is much more better than it's cousin Minesweeper. Somehow I thought you dislike Minesweeper. Don't ask me why. Smiley
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2005 at 12:21pm by Gero »  

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #102 - Jun 8th, 2005 at 2:37pm

@Gero:

Keep practicing Intermediate because you may achieve 13s.Shocked

I will post my Expert strategy tomorrow afternoon aroud 7 o'clock p.m. (Portuguese time: GMT-1)
Then you can practice Expert as well. Cheesy

About Minesweeper - Let me be clear, i like both games, but if i have to choose one i would vote for Nonosweeper because it is more complex in terms of pattern recognition. Minesweeper patterns are not that challenging, in fact they play identically on Bigginer, Int and Expert levels. To summarize, Nonosweeper is the game of my life time. Wink

IP Logged

Luca

1-10,03-47-131

Milano, Italy
Reply #103 - Jun 8th, 2005 at 3:32pm

Congratulations Gero! 13 is very close

About me, I missed a 12 with a wrong click. I think i can do it.

IP Logged

Roliamant

Nono cures Minesweeper
addictions as substitute!

Bielefeld, Germany
Reply #104 - Jun 11th, 2005 at 4:43pm

Thanks Hexx for revealing your expert strategy as well. At the moment I still use my old style, since I don't know what to do after finishing the right part and the left part sucks. Also I just finished a 13.00. Smiley With a stupid doubt at the end Sad It's a sin!!!

P.S.: Oh, and a 14.02 and a 15.08 afterwards...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19
Send Topic Print