Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simplism Games Simplism Games
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Questions, Comments, and Suggestions (Read 110846 times)
Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Re: Questions, Comments, and Suggestions
Reply #60 - Jun 27th, 2005 at 3:38pm

Yes, you're right, but for the best Sweepers, 10s will be possible with a really good board. Perhaps even 9s.
Yes, it's funny, but it'll be a looong way to get the same Exp record: 39s. I don't think that this is possible with Nono. But I often thought that some scores aren't possible and always people got better and better scores. So perhaps...

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #61 - Jun 28th, 2005 at 9:47am

@Gero, Luca and other sweepers:

Come and join me, i'm going to play Expert this week, 2 hours daily (today, Thursday, Friday and Saturday). The idea is to achieve 4 sub-60s, proving this way that  my Expert strategy really works!!! Wink

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #62 - Jun 28th, 2005 at 12:22pm

If it is nothing else you want to reach. No problem. 8)

I would really like to play 5 hours/day, but I'm still waiting for my computer. So I can play perhaps 2 hours with a lousy mouse on a shitty PC. Angry And it would be only possible for me, to get times around 65s perhaps.
But I wondered why you didn't improved on Exp anymore. Did you only play Int all the time? You should go on, to get 11s x5. Otherwise you get perhaps a new Exp record and I want to see my name in Records History in the Exp section, too. So concentrate on Int please. Wink

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #63 - Jun 28th, 2005 at 12:35pm

I didn't improve my Expert times because i didn't play since i got 55.37s. Now, and because the 6s gap between 55.37s and 61.25 is to big, i want to manage a few 57s or 58s. Wink
There is more, i also pretend  to see my name on Genius Records History too.  Grin

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #64 - Jun 28th, 2005 at 12:58pm

Damn, I want to keep the WR on genius. Why not making a complete break until September? Perhaps I equaled you then. Wink

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #65 - Jul 30th, 2005 at 5:27pm

@Gero:

I think you believe you can't achieve 12s or 11s?

Here is one tip:
You need to find the right "sweeping pace", so what about practice Int exclusively just for one week !   Wink

Another tip:
Avoid sweeping "marathons", 2x1.30h sessions per day will be fine, no more no less!!! Roll Eyes

P.S. Good luck to Vienna Tournament. Smiley

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #66 - Jul 31st, 2005 at 7:23am

Well, I'm sure, I can get 12s on Int. When you look at my "missing list" in "section "New personal records" you'll see that I missed a 12s game. Also the day before yesterday I got a 13s and missed 2 others. But I need a really perfect board to get 12s.
11s seems impossible for me yet. But I'll go on practising.

Currently I have too much time, so 3h sweeping per day are much to less. Grin

Thanks for your wishes, but I'm not the only Nonosweeper going to Vienna! Wink
« Last Edit: Jul 31st, 2005 at 8:54am by Gero »  

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #67 - Jul 31st, 2005 at 9:00am

Ok, I have a suggestion and I would like to know what you think about it. Wouldn't it be nice to include a history to Nonosweeper? And an auto-recording option? I don't know if that is possible and if Yariv would do it. Currently I count my sub-20's and sub-80's and -70's with a text file. But it's of course more nice, if the programm counts the scores you get immediatley so you don't have to count it by yourself.
Auto-recording might be a problem perhaps, because of varying board sizes. But I always like to see vids of games I play, especially my best ones. And Camtasia might slow you down. I don't know if that's really the case, but it feels like it does.

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #68 - Jul 31st, 2005 at 2:25pm

And i'm proposing 2 new features:

1) Click counter.
How about a click counter.
One of the best ways to improve scores is to reduce clicking. This feature would help us to realize how many times we click.
Personally, i just don't have any idea how many clicks i do on Expert or Genius!
It should count flagging(right) and sweeping(left) clicks and display the final counting at the end of the game together with exact time.

2) Disable "grey square markers" option.
Because i sweep fast, sometimes i step out the grid and activate a grey square unintentionally.
This situation is so annoying that i hate them!
There are 2 scenarios:
a) If it is a flagging movement, you can't flag and need to do an extra click to flag again.
b) If it is a sweeping movement, you can't sweep and if the area is already flagged you remove them!!!!!!!
Both, specially b) , are a tremendous waste of time and PATIENCE.
With disabled "grey squares" this never happens.

@Gero

1) History option.
I like the idea of an history or a statistics option (with exact time).
I just lost count of how many games i finished. Problably i have more than 100 sub-15s, 100 sub-70s and 50 sub-200s. What i know for sure, is that i did 22 sub-14s, 22 sub-66s and 10 sub-180s.

2) About yesterday's misunderstunding:
The terminology click/sec is very confusing, i think that "field/sec" is more appropriate (or square/sec or even blank/sec).
So, my 152.93 means that, i:
found 0.968 mines/sec;
or
opened 0.994 fields/sec.

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #69 - Jul 31st, 2005 at 3:24pm

I also like the idea of a click counter.

And hexx's second one is also very good. When I mark a number grey, I can't finish this game without remarking it again. This color somehow annoyes me so I cannot play as fast as I could do without this marked number. Sounds crazy, but it is like this. So I also would like this additional option. Smiley

Perhaps Minesweeper Clone can help you (Yariv), how to make such a history file or stats window.

Btw, how many tournaments does this season have?

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #70 - Sep 8th, 2005 at 10:45am

@Gero:

Maybe you are interested in this?
Meanwhile you were using a NF strategy on current tournament, i was doing the same on Expert. Wink
And got nice scores:
87.50, 88.09, 89.40, 89.50, 96.29 and 98.39. Grin
It won't be dificult to get a sub-80 and lost a game that could be a sub-70s. Shocked

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #71 - Sep 8th, 2005 at 11:24am

Wow!!! Smiley

How do you play Exp NF? Can you make an example vid perhaps??

I should try, too. Not that NF is the new strategy to break my WR and I didn't practised it.

Okay, I tried a bit. I didn't finished a board, but I see that your scores are possible. But I'm not sure that sub-60 is possible. Currently I don't believe it.

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #72 - Sep 8th, 2005 at 2:30pm

Perhaps it would be useful to start Exp with NF. In this way clearing the first columns. Then go over to flagging until the end, where you leave some flags unmarked (perhaps 3-10 flags).

I think I try that method. If I get a new WR today or tomorrow, be sure that this is the right tactic. Wink

IP Logged

Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
Reply #73 - Sep 11th, 2005 at 8:49pm

Hi!

I've done some work on Nonosweeper Pro this summer, and v1.4 is online now.
It doesn't do everything you all asked for, but let me take the points one by one:

- LastURL.txt: now updates for all scores, not just uploaded ones.

- Tournament best: is now displayed in the Tournament dialog box.

- Camtasia: Sorry, I looked for Camtasia and it seems to cost $299, so I can't do built-in recording unless someone knows where I can find a module to do it for free.

- History: It would be nice, but it would greatly increase the complexity of the software, so I haven't done it for the moment, I'm afraid. Maybe in the future!

- Stats: included statistics for clicks and % cleared for all games (including failures)

- Disabled grey squares: I added this feature, but then realised that what was actually wanted (I think) was to be able to start sweeps outside the grid, so I altered this functionality and removed the disable-grey-squares feature again. Try it and see if it does what you want, if not let me know!

That's all for this update. Happy Sweeping! Wink

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Dan

Reply #74 - Sep 11th, 2005 at 9:08pm

Yariv, there is a bug with the tournament results emails.  When you tell us in the email what the next tournament will be the board size is correct but the number of mines is always the same as the last tournament instead of the correct number for the new tournament.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11
Send Topic Print