Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simplism Games Simplism Games
  YaBB is sponsored by XIMinc!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print
Questions, Comments, and Suggestions (Read 110839 times)
hexx

I play speed up free!

Re: Questions, Comments, and Suggestions
Reply #120 - Apr 29th, 2006 at 2:45pm

Here are my suggestions:

A) Mouse meter - From my point of view, it is the most important missing feature because it allows to set short path strategies for Exp and Gen. Without it is really tricky to say if i'm using the right strategy. Angry

B) Blue click as a single action event (press only) instead of double action (press and release). The idea is to make it faster, saving at least 0.10s. Roll Eyes

C) Hide gridlines option, because gridlines are useless in little T/custom boards and i might be interested to play Exp or Gen without them!!!!!! Shocked

D) Statistics window should also include misflagged squares (for failures), mines didn't flagged (for succeded games) and eventualy an indication that BLUE CLICK was performed.

E) Display exact time in high score tables.

F) EXACT TIME UPLODING FOR CLASSIC LEVELS.
1s is always 1s, however there is a big difference between 1.27s and 1.89s, but the rule "the last to upload a certain score the first" means that 1.89s will get a better rank (if uploaded after 1.27s). What else can be more depressing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Angry
Exact time uploading it's a matter of fairness and competitiviness.

G) Sometimes i wonder myself "how exact is exact time" or "why apparently some hundreds of second aren't allowed". In my NONO adventure i have never managed scores like xx.99s, xx.88s, xx.66s, xx.13s, xx.02s and many others .... 
WHY IS THAT SO?  Is it intentional?
really annoying....... Tongue

Comments:

Screenshot option: should allow various types of formats including PNG, the best of all.

Nikolaj's 5th suggestion: I like this one, it should be possible to store desired coordinates for each classic level plus the coordinates of the last game played!

IP Logged

Maruda

I really love this game;D

Havirov, Czech republic
Reply #121 - Jul 4th, 2006 at 2:55pm

@hexx: iīm faster clicking right-left Smiley btw. what was your best attempt? mine was 0,14...

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #122 - Aug 22nd, 2006 at 9:02am

What do you guys think about one more rankings cathegory "Active players rankings"? My idea is to include only those players who were active (submitting level or tournament time) in the last two months (could be matter of discussion, but 2 months is one whole season and I think itīs adequate). Iīm not good with database stuff at all, but it shouldnīt be hard to do, should it?

IP Logged

Qetuth
YaBB Administrator

Reply #123 - Dec 2nd, 2006 at 12:44am

Heres a sample based on full points for a time set in the last 31 days, and 1% per day after that:
Name Weighted +G Active +G (single penalty) Active+G (individual penalties)
Hexx 124 205 229
Luca 134 413 448
Gero 137 405 556
Maruda 141 168 226
Nikolaj 155 155 257
Roland 154 154 226
Qetuth 197 197 244
Stephan 173 173 588
Gene 200 379 392
Jon Sim. 200 1234 1234

Incidentally, if stephan set new int and beg times today, that would reduce the ind. active score to only 505. So, the ind method means not setting a genius time in over a year can hurt a lot, but on the other hand, the single penalty method would mean if you can equal your beginner time easily, you just have to upload once a month to stay on full points.

Anyway, thats my thoughts on the subject. Any other suggestions?

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #124 - Dec 5th, 2006 at 7:21am

Thatīs good idea Q. I agree with both suggestions.

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #125 - Jan 5th, 2007 at 11:22am

@Gero: Happy New Year to you too! Well, for us oldies it is more and more difficult to find enough time to play levels (for example I play only tournaments these days) and when you donīt play levels, it gets more and more difficult to retain recordbreaking skills  Wink

And I still hope youīll return to us some day  Smiley

IP Logged

Qetuth
YaBB Administrator

Reply #126 - Mar 4th, 2007 at 12:31pm

@Hexx: Great to see someone else playing Smiley

Actually, pretty much every 2h board can be solved without guessing. The important tricks are 'evening out' an edge: a 122 edge can be reduced to 111 (look at all possible ways of clearing and that click is common to all. The next step is that this can be carried around a corner.

Finally, this can be done for each row coming in from an edge once the previous row is evened: Any way you clear 111111etc from an edge, also removes 111111etc from the next row in, so it can be seen as a new 'edge' and evened out. Doing this near corners, as well as the corner reduction rules (again, look at what clicks are common to all solutions), allows many corners to be cleared so you can move further in.

Many of the other tricks involve counting, so while useful for solving every board, don't always help with a good time. But most things you can do with 2h, and in fact most of the boards, come down to asking two things: what clicks are in common to all solutions for this area, and what number could be hidden under that blue block.

It is very different from Nono is this way: A nono board with multiple possible solutions forces a guess as only one is accepted by the game. A MM board will accept any of the solutions so theoretically any possible board is solvable from the info you see.

Hope that helps. At least until you start catching me, then I'll hope it doesnt help at all  Grin

IP Logged

Qetuth
YaBB Administrator

Reply #127 - Mar 11th, 2007 at 2:48am

What is the best (easiest) way to record games? The links I found on some old minesweeper sites were all broken.

I've looked for old videos Gero sent me, but it looks like I only have the easy ones, which was always my weakness. I've equaled most of those records now and they still look impossibly fast to me. I guess games look faster when you're not the one playing them. At least to me.

@Hexx: You're lucky my hand's too sore to play this tourney any more: I've lost with over 90% done in between 280 and 320 seconds at least 6 times! I thought I finally had a chance to win a tourney until your 340...

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #128 - Mar 11th, 2007 at 2:41pm

Hey, I can mail you a nice screen recorder and an editor application.
But, of course, I need to know your email first.

I also would like to know:
1) your 2h top 10;
2) which edge patterns you can recognise to be safe;
3) does all rubbers have an hidden number?

IP Logged

Greg
YaBB Newbies

expert rulez!!!

Hungary
Reply #129 - Mar 29th, 2007 at 9:01pm

Hello!
Been a long time but now I want you to sound your opinion: what format should the nonosweeper session have at the upcoming Budapest event? i.e. how many beg/int/exp games would you want to play? (there won't be special boards like last time in Vienna - sorry)
Gergely Smiley

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #130 - Nov 24th, 2007 at 6:06pm

To the attention of forums administrators:
I couldn't modify my forum profile Undecided, after typing my password the follwing message appears:

"Can't open directory (/home2/simplism/public_html/yabbfiles/avatars)!
Please inform the administrator of this forum that the $facesdir setting must be fixed immediately. No such file or directory"

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #131 - Mar 15th, 2008 at 9:15pm

Meanwhile there is an interesting fight between Stephan and Nikolaj, I found some sort of "hidden" level.

To reveal 10x10+10 grid, just open ini file and change the first number to 6 or bigger!?!?!?

If you change to any negative number it will give you an URL on every finished board.
My best score is 2.79s , but when i try to upload the URL the system says it is invalid data. Angry
Anyway, it was fun... Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2008 at 7:03pm by hexx »  

IP Logged

Caren
YaBB Newbies

Reply #132 - May 21st, 2008 at 2:41am

How do I update the "registered e-mail address" for my account?  When I pick Edit user details it only has the email address to display.

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #133 - Sep 18th, 2008 at 10:36pm

@yariv: why is there a new icon next to all nonosweeper.com... url s ? this red star is a little irritating - the old icon was allright Cry

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #134 - Sep 5th, 2009 at 5:42pm

Does anybody know what happens, if a non-bottom division contains less than 6 players? (So, if there are three or more players on 0 points)
Who will relegate? Or will there be some error in the end of the season?

I just ask, because up to now only 5 players submitted scores in Div 3 - and it would be great if there wouldn't be a mixup like in the end of last season.

Personally I think, in such a case all 0-point players should relegate and additional players from the divison below shold promote.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print