Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simplism Games Simplism Games
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Questions, Comments, and Suggestions (Read 110853 times)
Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Re: Questions, Comments, and Suggestions
Reply #90 - Dec 25th, 2005 at 7:56am

Last tournament (for next sweeping generations T2 of S7 Wink) forced me to raise this discussion. As you probably noticed some incredibly good times were achieved (sub 0.25). But there were almost no skills required, proper "tactics" and bit of luck was everything you needed  Angry.

How can be such low time achieved? Itīs simple dear Watson...

ttlsquares!/((ttlsquares-mines)!*mines!)=15!/(7!*8!)=6435 possible mine arrangements. (Beginner has 94143280 possible arrangements)

With such low number it is worth waiting for fast solvable specific board. I tried to count it and with 60-80 boards played per minute (playing EVERY board right after generating as if it was the desired one) only 80-100 minutes (itīs probability, we all know itīs only theory Wink) is required until your board appears. Itīs boring but with a bit of luck you get sub 0.25 soon...

As I said this "tactics" does not require almost any skills, so it probably should be prevented. Because it is not game bug, this problem should be discussed in community. My suggestion is to restrict tournament boards with less than 100.000 mine arrangements.

What do you think about it?

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #91 - Dec 25th, 2005 at 9:02am

@Nikolaj: YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! i.e. I agree completely Wink.

IP Logged

Roliamant

Nono cures Minesweeper
addictions as substitute!

Bielefeld, Germany
Reply #92 - Dec 31st, 2005 at 12:56pm

Hi guys, at the moment I'm addicted once more to another computer game: Shisen-Sho.

http://dvalot.free.fr/games.htm

Although my brother beat me in both levels small and medium yesterday, I think our scores are already pretty good. Some more competition would be very nice, and I wonder what times you could get. There is no highscore list until now, but please test it out and tell me how it works out. Have fun, it's a real cool game.

Roli

IP Logged

Doug Mair

Reply #93 - Jan 16th, 2006 at 9:01pm

Is there a webpage that gives instructions for Nonosweeper?

I would like to know the keys that can be used.

For instance, I didn't know that you could click the numbers on the side until I read someones post.

Also,  someone said on there website that they had a one click beginner board.  I don't see how that's possible.  The beginner level has eight nonbombs, so you would have to click at least eight times.

Is there a key / click combination to clear an entire column or row?

Or is there a mousing combination like in minesweeper to remove a whole group of nonbombs?

Also, does shift or control key help at all?

Thanks

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #94 - Jan 16th, 2006 at 9:41pm

@Doug Mair: Iīm afraid thereīs no such page. I can give you all the basic information I know:

1) Keys: F1-help (not too useful Wink) F2 new game of level you have selected, F3 new beginner game, F4 new intermediate game, F5 new expert game, F9 turn marks "?" on/off

2) 1 click board: You can click and drag, you donīt have to click all squares. E.g. you see empty row, then click on edge square and drag the cursor to the opposite edge with left button pressed (same principle is applied when flagging whole row, only with right button). And there is 9 safe squares on beginner level Wink

3) If you use all flags you have in top left counter (for beginner level 27) then yellow smiley turns blue. When you press blue smiley, all unflagged fields are revealed. If you placed all flags correctly, the board is solved.

4) You already know you can click side numbers.

Thatīs all, no other key is necessary.

Happy sweeping

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #95 - Jan 28th, 2006 at 5:23pm

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Can you guys see what i see?

YES, these grids have the same mine pattern?!
They are TWINS! ???
JESUS, i got the same board TWICE. Shocked
That is UNBELIEVABLE.

What you guys think of it?

P.S. Just for curiosity, check out your screenshot database to see if you can find another clone?

« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2006 at 2:17pm by hexx »  

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #96 - Jan 28th, 2006 at 5:37pm

Hmmmmm.... I donīt remember I got same board twice and unfortunately I only take screenshots of good games so my database is not too big... But if we realize that probability for intermediate is 1:1,98.1027, it sounds to me like not very good random number generator is used Sad or you were extremely lucky Wink. Hope itīs  the second possibility, because I donīt like board scumming and this could lead somebody to generate the same board over and over again  Angry. Maybe you could mail this directly to Yariv (because he is really busy and I doubt he reads forums).

IP Logged

Luca

1-10,03-47-131

Milano, Italy
Reply #97 - Jan 30th, 2006 at 4:23pm

excuse me, will be the ranking showed again?

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #98 - Jan 30th, 2006 at 5:52pm

@Luca: this is Yarivīs reply when I asked him the same thing  Wink

"The reason the site went down was because the rankings were creating too many SQL requests (building the tables is more complicated than it looks!), so I had to temporarily disable them to get the site back up. I will put them back of course, but I have to restructure parts of the database to reduce the number of requests, so it will take a bit of time. I'll try to do it as soon as possible, although I don't have much free time at the moment! Anyway, the rankings will be back soon - in the mean time the tournaments seem to be doing well too... please send any board requests if you have any, as we are getting quite a lot of repeats!"

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #99 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 3:15pm

@Roland: I also tried/try Shisen a bit. Tell me your best times for the different tables.
My best for the easiest one is 0,53s. I got this score today. Next best times are 0,58s x2 and 0,59s. Smiley

IP Logged

Roliamant

Nono cures Minesweeper

Bielefeld, Germany
Reply #100 - Feb 6th, 2006 at 4:04pm

Uh, uh, somebody really tried Shisen-Sho. Cool. Well, I suppose you meant 0.53 MIN? instead of 0.53 s? Okay, then you're drawing near. First difficult step was getting below 1 min. Meantime I managed  38 s for beginner and somewhat below 2 min for medium. I usually don't play the big one. Keep up the chase. And maybe some others as well? Greetings, Roli.

P.S.: I like the actual tournament. It's so much intermediate style!

IP Logged

Luca

1-10,03-47-131

Milano, Italy
Reply #101 - Feb 7th, 2006 at 12:06am

SHISEN: day one: beginner 47; 52; 58; 59

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #102 - Feb 11th, 2006 at 5:38am

@Roland: Grats for your 2nd 11s!!! Smiley

Shisen: Hm, I can choose 5 sizes for Shisen.
Can you give me a direct download link so I can be sure I use same version as you do?
Also 38s seem a bit too fast for the easy level I play. It wasn't so easy to get the 53s on the easy level I play.

IP Logged

Roliamant

Nono cures Minesweeper

Bielefeld, Germany
Reply #103 - Feb 11th, 2006 at 12:39pm

I use the one by Daniel Valot. Seems the best graphics to me. http://dvalot.free.fr/download/SHISENU.ZIP
Luca seems to have the right version. Nice scores by the way. I also found out last week that one can adjust the speed you're playing in the options. Much better now. As always, it's advisable to read help-files. Wink Till later,

Roli  8)

IP Logged

Luca

1-10,03-47-131

Milano, Italy
Reply #104 - Feb 12th, 2006 at 3:28pm

I don't know which version I have. I downoloaded it from the link Roland sent about one month ago.
By the way I achieved a 36 in beginner and 91s in medium

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
Send Topic Print