HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
1 second time!? (Read 59141 times)
gsail11
YaBB Newbies

1 second time!?
Jan 31st, 2005 at 9:35pm

Hey, I'm a relatively casual gamer. I really like nonosweeper and I think it is much more fun to play than minesweeper. I used to wonder how people got one second times in beginner minesweeper, but I now realize they usually get a very lucky click, leaveing hardly any blocks left. But how is it done in this game. Is it like this: http://img112.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img112&image=lucky6ow.png !

lol, I sure hope not. Would people who have gotten the hole in one please give a description so we can all become more angry with you.  Tongue Grin

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Re: 1 second time!?
Reply #1 - Feb 1st, 2005 at 6:42am

Hi gsail. Check out Roli's website (link to be found in this forum), there you can see several screenshots of 1s-games.

IP Logged

Kire
YaBB Newbies

Impossible is nothing!

Bulgaria, Sofia
info
Reply #2 - Feb 1st, 2005 at 9:21am

I'm playing for ~a mount now and still havent done 1sec,but I easy make ~ten 2s in five minutes.It's just a matter of luck to get a better board and then just gotta be fast.  Wink
The "dream board",represented at gsail link must be done in 0sec (0.001 to 0.999) and thats really not difficult if you have the incredible luck to got it Grin

IP Logged

Kire
YaBB Newbies

Impossible is nothing!

Bulgaria, Sofia
Strategy
Reply #3 - Feb 1st, 2005 at 9:37am

For all who want  to get easy under 5sec on begginer I suggest you to chech out the Jon's post(#42,Nonosweeper topic) Smiley
I still cant figure out is it better to look just at the vertical or just at the horizontal numbers Undecided
I think the mouse is moving easier if you do it in the 1st way but my results are little bit better in the other way so everyone should feel it for himself(herself  Wink)

IP Logged

gsail11
YaBB Newbies

Reply #4 - Feb 2nd, 2005 at 2:35am

Check out this setup!!!!  Angry  (Edit: Click for a *slightly* clearer image. It's hard to take screen shots with an external digital camera  Tongue)

By the time I realized the potential, a second or so had passed. I'm not that great, but I could've pulled a three on this.

I posted it so the vets could speculate whether they could have gotten a zero. It is possible after all, and it's the only way any of us is gonna break the record...

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #5 - Feb 2nd, 2005 at 6:40am

Just a hint: Use the PrtSc button to make good quality screenshots!

IP Logged

gsail11
YaBB Newbies

Reply #6 - Feb 3rd, 2005 at 7:01pm

This game is so cool! When I first started, my jaw would drop if you said you could do beginner in under ten seconds, but now I'm ranked 30th in the world! I still can't figure exacltly how to solve an intermediate game... ???     Do I just take it really slow and think out every move, even if it means I take 600 seconds?

I just realized a board that would be even easier and wouldnt require looking at the bottom:
XOXOXX
XOXOXX
XOXOXX
XOXXXX
XOXXXX

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #7 - Feb 3rd, 2005 at 9:54pm

For intermediate, you maybe start best with the rows or columns that are obvious. For example, a 3-2-1-1 must be a XXXOXXOXOX. There a lots of patterns that have only solution solution how that row/column is filled with mines and "free" squares.

After flagging all obvious mines and opening all obvious free squares, you just go on and search for new obvious squares. I bet that you'll finish below 600...

Btw, on a board that is

OOOOOO
XOXOXX
XOXXXX
XXXXXX
XXXXXX
XXXXXX

you don't have to look at the columns as well, and it's a lot easier as it 6 of 9 squares to open are in one row!

IP Logged

gsail11
YaBB Newbies

Reply #8 - Feb 4th, 2005 at 6:46pm

Well you won the bet.  Grin Not that 179 is something to brag about, but you've got to start somewhere. I went really slow, and highlighted the numbers and everything.

I lost my beautiful 3 second time! And the 4's and 5's I had don't count!    Cry

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #9 - Feb 4th, 2005 at 8:06pm

My very first finished intermediate game was 167 which isn't far away from 179. So, watch out for your times dropping significantly  Grin

IP Logged

gsail11
YaBB Newbies

Reply #10 - Feb 5th, 2005 at 2:00am

Less than half in under an hour of play.  Wink I've been getting scores around 70-80, but I often botch up before finishing. I can now finish almost all intermediate games if I don't rush. The key is getting one of the side, or top or bottom rows.

Now my problem is expert. I cant get ranked until I finish at least one. Undecided
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2005 at 3:35am by gsail11 »  

IP Logged

Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
Reply #11 - Feb 6th, 2005 at 4:37am

I still haven't even got a 2 yet on beginner, but I got this grid today...

I always look at the across clues and guess to the right,  so one more to the left for the top bomb and it would have been a perfect board... Cry

The Administrator.
IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

My 1 second
Reply #12 - Feb 7th, 2005 at 11:03am

It is my first post, so...

Let me congratulate Yariv for develping such a fantastic game, much better than it's cousin Minesweeper.
In fact it's more than a simple game, it's The Game.
Yariv, you deserve the Nobel Prize of game developing, because Nonosweeping is pure pleasure.
Congratulations again.

Now, let's talk about my 1's.

Since Jon Simonsen and Roland Seibt managed 1's on biginner, i started my own personal 1's time hunting.
After 2 weeks of intense struggle against the clock and 93 2's i finally did it.
The effort paid dividends . Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

To those who like screenshots, here it is.

Nonosweeping is pure pleasure.
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2006 at 2:19pm by hexx »  

IP Logged

Luca

Reply #13 - Feb 11th, 2005 at 11:03pm

I did it.
For this and other screenshots please contact me by mail

Luca Cheesy

IP Logged

Jon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #14 - Feb 12th, 2005 at 3:52pm

Congrats on your 1 second, Luca8) Nice to see that people are getting very good at beginner too.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print