Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27
Send Topic Print
Tournaments (Read 210787 times)
Luca

1-10,03-47-131

Milano, Italy
Re: Tournaments
Reply #60 - Apr 3rd, 2005 at 2:00pm

The current tournament is the same of T11 of the first season.

I won it with 90 sec.

now it is harder! Shocked

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #61 - Apr 18th, 2005 at 9:44am

Yariv,

Season 3 is approaching.  Smiley

Is or will exact time uploading be ready for season 3?

P.S. I'm waiting a YES as a reply. Wink

IP Logged

Luca

1-10,03-47-131

Milano, Italy
Reply #62 - Apr 24th, 2005 at 2:17pm

8.06 and 8.01 in the current T10...
I think it is the better time I could do
I hope in season three with exact time in hundreds because actually tournaments last two or three days maximum (I mean that usually the personal best score arrives in 2 or 3 days)

IP Logged

Luca

1-10,03-47-131

Milano, Italy
Reply #63 - May 8th, 2005 at 12:16am

With this kind of points I think that the season winner will known only in the last tournament

IP Logged

Luca

1-10,03-47-131

Milano, Italy
Reply #64 - May 8th, 2005 at 12:18am

Another thing: with hundreds everybody will upload their scores only in the last hours.
what do you think about?

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #65 - May 9th, 2005 at 7:27am

As I don't want to risk forgetting to upload my bests, I won't wait until the final tournament day before I upload my bests. So, I don't really see a problem Smiley

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #66 - May 9th, 2005 at 9:37am

Why should anybody upload only so late? I don't see a reason for it.

I like the new point system. As you said, the winner will be known very late (in one of the last tournaments), so it gets more exciting.

Dividing into divisions: I think 10 people are too much for one division. It should be perhaps 5 or 6 I think. Otherwise there are, as you posted, only 2 divisions. With only two divisions there isn't really competition. With 5 people in one division, there are more divisions, it's harder to get in the higher divisions and to stay there. So it gets more exciting. I think, 5 people for one division would be better.
What does the others think about it?

IP Logged

Jon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #67 - May 27th, 2005 at 10:57am

Hi. As you might have noticed, I have started participating in the tournaments.

Is the tournament info stored in the ini-file?

I also think that it's a little problematic with the biggest tounament boards for people with the smallest resolution (I think I use 640*480 or something like that). Sometimes the squares and the numbers don't fit on the screen.

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #68 - Jun 19th, 2005 at 1:25pm

As Luca posted before, there are some people (or only one?) who upload their scores very late, in the last hours of the period. I now see the reason why somebody should do that. As long as you have a better time you don't upload than all the others who uploaded their scores, the others don't have a reason to improve their scores as long as they are satiesfied with their rank.
For example the last tournament (Season 3, Tournament 7):
I didn't play anymore the tournament, because rank 2 was ok for me and I think it was the same with hexx. Luca had a few hours, before the tournament ended 70,4s I think. Today in the morning I saw that Luca won the tournament with 50s. I don't know wheather he really played this score so late, or he just kept the URL for this fast time a few days and I don't want to specualte about that (Sorry Luca for this concrete example, but I just saw it this morning and I thought I use this example for the post. I don't want to accuse you or raise up the question wheather you did that or not, I just want to show the problem). But I think it is very unfair for the others, who upload their scores, if there are some people, who keep their URL until to the end of the tournament to get a advantage out of it.

So my message is: Be so fair and upload your score immediately when you get it. Otherwise you abuse the "stupidness" of those, who upload their score immediately. And that's really not the fine way to be in front of your competitors.

That's of course only my sight of this "problem". If you think in another way, tell me.

IP Logged

Luca

1-10,03-47-131

Milano, Italy
Reply #69 - Jun 19th, 2005 at 2:32pm

Hi,
I wrote about this "problem" before the tournament began. (see 4-5 posts before).
I think this is a legal strategy. Yariv, is there written in nonosweeper rules that I can't do this?

Yes, maybe it is a little bit unfair, but it is correct.

And... I always do my best score in the first or second day. Maybe I could improve them but I'm too lazy to do it.
You could do the same. I think that the time you can finish a T is an absolute thing, you can't comparate to my or other people time.
If you know that you could improve, why don't do this?
What all others think about?

I remember to everyone that I paid a big price with this strategy: on T5 I couldn't upload my 6,54 score for a technical problem...

p.s. Hexx, did you use this tactic in T1 and others?

IP Logged

Luca

1-10,03-47-131

Milano, Italy
Reply #70 - Jun 19th, 2005 at 2:33pm

I'm very interested to know other people opinions
and I'm very sorry to be the cause of this "problem"

IP Logged

Maruda

I really love this game;D

Havirov, Czech republic
Reply #71 - Jun 20th, 2005 at 7:41am

2Luca: I think it's OK, because everyone can do the same...

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #72 - Jun 20th, 2005 at 8:01am

@Gero: Luca's tactics isn't new at all. He plays in such a way since the beginning of the tournaments (season 1). Then, it was often the case that I was leading the ranking until Saturday evening, but when I checked on Sunday morning, Luca had regularly uploaded his own best so that he got on #1. I don't really like this strategy, as it was always a matter of competition for me whether I concentrated on T boards or on the "normal" levels.

But, as Luca said himself, it is legit to upload one's scores whenever you want as long as the deadline hasn't passed. And the risk of server problems is a good reason not to wait. But everyone is free to decide that by himself...

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #73 - Jun 20th, 2005 at 8:37am

Luca plays tournaments to win so, late uploading is anything but a surprise, it is part of his strategy.
Personaly, i have never used it because i play just to have fun, usually 1 hour on Sunday and Saturday. Last week i played for 15 minutes!!!!!!
I once played to win too on T6, T7 and T8 of season 2 when i swept 6/7 hours a week, too much time in my opinion.
Since then i'm committed with levels rater than tournaments.

Luca, tell me one thing: How many hours have you been playing tournaments by week on season 3?

IP Logged

Luca

1-10,03-47-131

Milano, Italy
Reply #74 - Jun 20th, 2005 at 11:14am

Maybe you will not believe me, but this season I generally played not more than 2 hours (except T6)
I was lucky to have a very nice time in the first or at least second day.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 27
Send Topic Print