Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simplism Games Simplism Games
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 
Send Topic Print
Tournaments (Read 210744 times)
TBDMfan

Re: Tournaments
Reply #390 - Aug 4th, 2008 at 4:58pm

finally a tournament board where i have a chance to compete with the people in div2
with a little more practice maybe i can get a 16 or 15 at the end of the week

i really like this weeks level Smiley

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #391 - Aug 12th, 2008 at 1:08am

TBDMfan wrote on Aug 4th, 2008 at 4:58pm:
finally a tournament board where i have a chance to compete with the people in div2
with a little more practice maybe i can get a 16 or 15 at the end of the week

i really like this weeks level Smiley

...and i really don't like T7. i keep blasting boards where i could get easily a sub20.
e.g  i blasted a board with 2 empty columns, 1-7, 1-4-2 and 2-3-2 columns right in the first seconds.

@hexx: i recognized that you always submit your scores in the very last days and i wonder why you do that. is it tactic or lack of free time?

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #392 - Aug 16th, 2008 at 11:35am

There was a time I used to submit scores as late as possible in order to increase probabilities of winning T.
Since many months from now I give a damn to late uploding. Tongue
Now, I'm playing just for the fun, so Saturday is basically the only day I have time for sweeping Smiley

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #393 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 12:47am

@all: i have a question concerning T8 and one concerning the divisions in general

1st one: who of you played T8 with swapped buttons too? today i tried T8 with swapped buttons and i find it a lot easier to mark rows of mines with the left button, and regarding the number of 3s i got today i'm faster that way.

2nd one: what happens if there are 2 players in a division with same points? who of these 2 will be on better place? the one who placed more often 1st in the season? the one who has better sum of times through the whole season? the one who was better before the tied rank?
i'm asking because i don't know and because if i won't manage to improve 0.06s more tomorrow vladimir orlov and i will have both 45 points in div2?

anyways, with swappaed buttons i now feel that with a good board i might beat the 2.98s. i'll try my best tomorrow, 10x3s in 13 min with 3.397 avg and 0.15s improvement in half an hour is quite a motivation.

IP Logged

Qetuth
YaBB Administrator

Reply #394 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 7:12am

There are some tourneys in MM I used to try to shave a few centiseconds off by swapping buttons, and Teek used to do the same to great effect, so I figured it was a left hander thing  Wink I've never really thought of it for Nono though, that I remember.....hmm....

If two players are tied, then it goes to the sum of the times they have posted (so if someone didn't play a large experty board but made up the points on the other boards, they will probably win easily). And I believe if times are tied to the nearest 0.01, it goes alphabetically.

Check out stephans site at http://www.stephan-bechtel.de/ for an idea of where you stand: click Nono sites and then in the tournament section, the current season. Looks like you've got about 50 seconds on Vladimir as well as the two points, so unless he somehow beat you by 50 seconds in round 8, you'll win the tiebreaker.

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #395 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 3:36pm

thanks for the answer.

i'm left handed too, but i use my right hand at the computer. dunno if it really has sth to do with being left or right handed, but i just have the impression that with my pointing finger (right hand) i have more precision at higher speed than with my middle finger (right hand) and when it comes to marking rows of mines i failed on many very easy boards with normal setting, like due to marking one mine too much, which with swapped buttons i now don't do as often.

i already knew stephan's website, and that's why i was wondering since there are the overall season sums listed as well as who placed how often on which ranking in their division in the season.

looks like tomorrow i will start into the new season in div1, YAY!

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #396 - Aug 24th, 2008 at 7:02pm

Hi,

thanks to Qetuth for mentioning the statistics of my site Wink.

@EWQMinesweeper: If you still wonder: The season stats on my site are sorted like a medal ranking just to historical reasons (when I started with that, I didn't know the relegation rules). But behind the total sum of times, you can find your rank in parentheses showing your current rank at Yariv's official relegation ranking. By the way, congratulations for relegating into Div1 after only 13 played tournaments!

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #397 - Aug 24th, 2008 at 7:31pm

@stephan: thanks (also for the hints about div1 Wink)
i visit your nono website more often than you might expect Grin

i hope to get >10 points in S24. that would be enough for me atm, but i know that when i started in div2 i thought i'd have to struggle to keep the division as well, then i was aiming at getting in total 40 points, and then it came that i played for 2nd place. i hope that in div1 it will a bit like that too.

IP Logged

Qetuth
YaBB Administrator

Reply #398 - Aug 30th, 2008 at 3:20am

If anyone's interested, mathematically, the most points you can get and still be relegated is 33.
Round Pl.1 Pl.2 Pl.3 Pl.4 Pl.5 Pl.6 Pl.7 Pl.8
1 8 6 5 4 1 2 3 0
2 6 5 4 3 2 1 8 0
3 6 4 3 2 1 8 5 0
4 4 3 2 1 8 6 5 0
5 3 4 1 8 6 5 2 0
6 3 2 8 6 5 4 1 0
7 1 8 6 3 5 4 2 0
8 2 1 4 6 5 3 8 0
Total 33 33 33 33 33 33 34 0
Here 6 people tie on equal second on 33, so one of them will go down as the 7th place.

On the other hand, the least points you can get and still go up a division is 24, by a similar setup of first getting 64 and everyone else getting 24.

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #399 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 7:52am

WHY DO TOURNAMENTS HAVE TO END AT 8 A.M. ?? I THOUGHT OF 9 A.M. AND NOW I CAN'T SUBMIT MY 7,54 FOR T1    Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #400 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 8:41am

I feel sorry for Alliska tying Nikolaj's time of 59.06 in T2. It must be very unlikely to take exactly the same time for a game that needs nearly one minute to be solved.
But this case shows that, in my opinion, it's always better to submit as early as one made the score.

Btw: 400th post in this thread. Qetuth/Nikolaj: Maybe we should close this and open "Tournaments vol. 2"?!

IP Logged

Maruda

I really love this game;D

Havirov, Czech republic
Reply #401 - Sep 13th, 2008 at 3:16pm

@Stephan: i really donīt like you. it took terrible 5 hours of mistakes and nasty words to beat your 9,1 Angry

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #402 - Sep 13th, 2008 at 7:45pm

@maruda: how long did you think did it take me to get my 10??? i spent 2 nights playing nonosweeper till 3 am and you can't imagine how happy i was to be 3rd.....and now it's only a 5th place  Cry

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #403 - Nov 2nd, 2008 at 9:26pm

After more than 400 replies to and more than 40'000 views of this thread, the end of the 200th tournament is a good chance to open a vol. 2 thread Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 
Send Topic Print