Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 
Send Topic Print
Tournaments (Read 210738 times)
Qetuth
YaBB Administrator

Re: Tournaments
Reply #375 - May 24th, 2008 at 6:46am

Not safe indeed!  Tongue Tongue Tongue

I haven't been playing much lately (had an operation and couldn't sit up for a few weeks last month, and have often been either busy or stuck with a touchpad since), but I missed the final click at 1.71 on the first day of this one, so I was determined to at least play till I matched it. The board I missed had columns 8, 2 2, 0 from memory. This one was much nicer.

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #376 - May 24th, 2008 at 10:42am

HEHEHE Grin  Grin  Grin

I've nothing to say.... Wink

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #377 - Jun 2nd, 2008 at 5:29pm

i had insane difficulties with this weeks 12x12 12mines tournament since it took me always >10 seconds to solve all the empty lines line by line. my best time that way was a 13, i couldn't understand at all how times of less than 10 sec were possible.
now today i discovered the feature that clears al squares when all needed mines are marked. within 5 min i managed to improve my score to less than 7 sec, current pos1 in my division.
nowhere in the game discription this feature is mentioned, so i think that is why in 3rd division times differ with >35 sec right now. maybe it should be mentioned somewhere that there is this certain feature.
happy sweeping everyone

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #378 - Jun 2nd, 2008 at 8:51pm

Hi EWQMinesweeper,

I assume that tons of players had to detect the blue face. I remember a tournament where Roli submitted a 4, while I was stuck at 14 or something. Took me hours to find out...

But in fact, the mystery of the blue face has already been commented by Yariv in February 2005. See page 1, posts 1 and 3, of the thread "Questions, Comments and Suggestions" Smiley

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #379 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 7:26am

That really hurts... I got an 4.32 and a 4.16 in my last playing minute in T6. Both times the smiley got stuck and I had to reclick it and thus missed a sub4. So after the desaster with my not attached mouse in T4 which cost me the victory and 5 points against Qetuth I loose another 2 because my computer fools me... if I hadn't retired I would be really mad - as I play just for fun it's just a little frustrating.

IP Logged

TBDMfan

Reply #380 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 5:11pm

i just got a 3.71 sec score on current tournament board but it keeps on uploading and nothing happens. and as i probably won't be able to beat this time again in this week i'm a bit sad.

yariv, can you manually add my score? i can send you screenshot of the board and of the current tournament best window if needed

EDIT:  it worked after page stopped loading and i got message that it couldn't load. i loaded again and it worked. Grin

IP Logged

Qetuth
YaBB Administrator

Reply #381 - Jul 1st, 2008 at 7:28am

Short term uploading problems happen every now and then. I usually just save a copy of the url in a text file just in case and press refresh a bit later. As often as not, it turns out that the time did get submitted, it was just the resulting generated page which failed to arrive.

For future reference, you'd be better off with sending Yariv the time upload url than the screenshots: Screenshots could potentially be faked, and the time in the tournament window is just drawn from the .ini file. Then, either he can submit the url directoly or he can try to figure out what's wrong with it if it was a bug.

Of course, if you don't have the url for some reason, the screenshots have to do.

PS: Great time! You look like being another D1 regular already!

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #382 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 10:26am

How funny's that?
First I play 2.38 to trail Manu by 0.01, two games later I tie my 2.38. Now I play a 2.12 to trail Maruda by 0.00 Smiley and the very next game I tie the 2.12 again Cheesy

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #383 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 1:42pm

Grin
wasn't it obvious, that that had to happen?
another 0.01 - this time trailing Stephan.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #384 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 10:40am

@Christoph: Hopefully, you stop now or just improve by 0.01 Wink.
Btw I: This morning, I tied my 2.04 (which is even quite unlikely as a 2.18 is my current third-best time).
Btw II: I think that one will need at least a 1.80 to win this T, and hexx certainly will do so Angry

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #385 - Jul 27th, 2008 at 8:24am

Stephan, you were wrong Tongue grats  Wink

I must say I'm pretty slow on small boards and this kind of tournament is no fun for me. I was really happy wen beating Manuel Grin

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #386 - Jul 27th, 2008 at 7:55pm

What a great surprise. This was maybe my most unexpected T win. Christoph was hanging nearly behind me in a tough way. Both Maruda and Alliska had got a sub-2.20 on sunday where a 2.04 was my single lucky punch until then. And I was quite unhappy, as I could improve my best time on friday only by 0.01 seconds, while I knew that I won't be able to play the whole Saturday.  So, thank you to hexx for this gift of a tied times victory Cheesy.

@Nikolaj: I know that you don't like it. And I was happy when I saw the board as my season's points didn't look very good before T4. So, these boards are the only chance to climb upwards... Sorry about that.
But I am pretty sure that you'll like T5, won't you? Wink

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #387 - Jul 27th, 2008 at 8:15pm

MUCH better indeed Wink only Maruda is too fast again...  Cry

IP Logged

Maruda

I really love this game;D

Havirov, Czech republic
Reply #388 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 2:32pm

Alliska´s board...

How is that 41 possible??? Shocked

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #389 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 8:12am

I like boards where top row and leftmost column are both solvable without guessing. So, you have an optimal start (an maybe result in a 41).

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 
Send Topic Print