Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simplism Games Simplism Games
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 27
Send Topic Print
Tournaments (Read 210718 times)
Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Re: Tournaments
Reply #225 - Jun 4th, 2006 at 4:48pm

Congratulations, even if this is the first time I can't be happy with the second place. But you deserve it to win a - at least one - tournament!

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #226 - Jun 11th, 2006 at 3:39pm

@Stephan: Your disappointment with previous tournament didnīt last too long, did it?  Wink Well done!

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #227 - Jun 11th, 2006 at 5:04pm

I'm really surprised that I won this T with a time of 1.07s. But as I had 1.14s twice, I think now that I deserve it as well as you last week. And, I'm VERY happy that I won a tournament against hexx, Luca, Maruda, and you simultaneously!

And after I saw the grid of the T, I'm very happy that I have already 14 points. Everything but last rank in T3 would be another surprise...

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #228 - Jun 13th, 2006 at 11:04am

So that should be the end of my hopes to ever join first division  Cry
My right hand hurts more and more, today I even had to give up writing with it. And the doctor ??? has still no idea what's wrong - he only suspects that the problem is related to the elbow.
I hope that I'll be ok for the vienna tourney but I'm afraid...
Well, so additional reason to show up: If I should really have to play lefthanded you'll all have good chances to beat me also in the minesweeper section Grin

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #229 - Jun 13th, 2006 at 12:58pm

@Christoph: Donīt give up! Hopefully the pain will be eased soon.

But maybe your doctor should check whether you donīt suffer by Carpal Tunnel Syndrome  Undecided? Check Damienīs site http://www.metanoodle.com/minesweeper/carpal.html
Unfortunately this would probably mean end of your sweeping carreer  Cry

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #230 - Jun 13th, 2006 at 1:20pm

WOW!!!!!

What a game! Cheesy
34.26s for current T in only 52 (21+31) clicks.
I think it is a great score, at least it's better than my best (35.28s) on 12x12, 45mines grid.
I just played 20 minutes Grin

« Last Edit: Jun 14th, 2006 at 10:58am by hexx »  

IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #231 - Jun 17th, 2006 at 10:29am

@hexx: I have only 26 clicks for finishing this tourny  Grin Match it! I tried this tourny by flagging only, just for fun, but after I finished it in 48 seconds, then got 34 with 1 wrong flag Roll Eyes I thought Iīll try this tactics more and decent 36:42 appeared  Grin

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #232 - Jun 17th, 2006 at 3:50pm

A good massage, a couple of painkillers, half an hour of righthanded playing and bang: 56 and back on track!
Unfortunately that wont work for minesweeper since clicking appears a little difficult.

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #233 - Jun 25th, 2006 at 8:39am

Oh my god! Where did that come from ??? 0.34
It was a 4 in the 4th col and I happend to start with cursor on it.

IP Logged

Qetuth
YaBB Administrator

Reply #234 - Jun 25th, 2006 at 9:51am

Yay!
I thought when I saw your 0.34 that I didnt have a chance, and couldn't get under 0.95. A little talk about the best approach, and suddenly I have almost the same time as Christoph on the exact same board Smiley
0.32! Sorry...well, not really Tongue

Oh, and a handy hint to all, thanks to Maruda: Install your mouse manufacturers drivers Wink
It really does seem to make a difference in this case, I installed them last night and today posted 4 great times, including a last minute pass in the last tournament and a time I didnt think possible (for me) in this one. Although the reaction to telling people I was using the generic windows drivers was almost as good as the ones to telling them I still play int and similar tourneys with flagging Grin

IP Logged

Luca

1-10,03-47-131

Milano, Italy
Reply #235 - Jun 25th, 2006 at 12:30pm

What is the function of mouse drivers?

I think for me is quite impossible to reach a time lower than 0,80 sec in this Tournament right now

Luca

IP Logged

Christoph

peace, love and sweeping

vienna
Reply #236 - Jun 25th, 2006 at 1:14pm

Well, wow. First I didn't think anyone would come close to this 0.34, but when I did a 0.36 just short after Qetuth overtook me, I realized that there's a lot more possible.
I think one might be able to score a 0.17. But I'll settle for 0.26 since I would have to take more medication to continue today  Grin

IP Logged

Qetuth
YaBB Administrator

Reply #237 - Jun 25th, 2006 at 3:03pm

@Luca: The main thing with the manufacturers drivers I suppose is it allows you to mess with things like report rate and precision to a greater extent than the generic drivers do. In my case though, it really seemed to affect my clicking: it was really noticable that when I release button now it takes affect sooner, and I think the same for pressing the button too but not as noticable. This was hard to get used to at first but once I did was a huge help already.

@Christoph: You dont have to improve again for me, 0.32 was definately my best. Congratz. Hope your hand improves, it's great having someone in tourney who is so consistently so close to me in performance.

@Everyone: The two big threads are kinda getting long. Maybe we should make Tournaments part II and a Personal Records part II threads?

IP Logged

Luca

1-10,03-47-131

Milano, Italy
Reply #238 - Jun 25th, 2006 at 9:26pm

Thank you Quetuth,
do you know where I can find Logitech UV55a drivers?

IP Logged

Qetuth
YaBB Administrator

Reply #239 - Jun 26th, 2006 at 2:32am

The logitech.com site has a download section which includes pictures of the mice so you can pick yours to install. Then it just takes a bit of looking through the new settings page to get them how you like, and getting used to those 8) Hope they work as well for you as they did for me

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 27
Send Topic Print