Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simplism Games Simplism Games
  Latest info can be found on the YaBB Chat and Support Community.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 27
Send Topic Print
Tournaments (Read 210716 times)
Luca

1-10,03-47-131

Milano, Italy
Re: Tournaments
Reply #105 - Jul 12th, 2005 at 4:48pm

yes, waiting for the end of the tournament is boring
but if you are on holiday you don't have to wait

and what about a mini summer season between T3 and T4?

IP Logged

Maruda

I really love this game;D

Havirov, Czech republic
Reply #106 - Jul 13th, 2005 at 2:01pm

Luca: and what about those, who have a lot of time for sweeping during the summer and have a chance to spend more time playing tournaments? Wink

IP Logged

Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
Reply #107 - Jul 13th, 2005 at 2:48pm

Hello! Remember me?! Just thought I'd pop by!
I must say that, as someone outside the top division, I'm enjoying this season a lot more now that I can get some points! Grin

The tournaments will stay at one per week, as that seems to be about the median of what people want, and also because they've been like that for ages and that's what people are used to now.

I do sympathise with people who may go on holiday or miss some tournaments and so risk being relegated, but a good player (for their division) would have to miss a lot of games to go down. But as people have said, one person's holiday is another's busiest time, so the fairest thing is to be consistent throughout the year. It's also the easiest to code Wink

I'm very happy that so many people are enjoying the tournaments these days! Look out for Mallet Mania tournaments starting soon too...

Foster: I'm ready for you!

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Nikolaj
YaBB Administrator

Ugly bearded sweeper ;-)

Mlada Boleslav
Reply #108 - Jul 15th, 2005 at 12:46pm

Finally!

22x 3.00
3x 2.99
1x 2.96
2x 2.94
1x 2.9

and now I equalled Gero  with 2.78 Grin

Hope Jon and Dan are not using Luca´s tactics and his times  Wink

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #109 - Jul 15th, 2005 at 2:35pm

Hm, it seems I have to play the board a bit more. Angry
And I hoped my time would no one beat. I see, it is always false to think in that way. Hope, I'll find time to get a better time! Smiley

IP Logged

Maruda

I really love this game;D

Havirov, Czech republic
Reply #110 - Jul 15th, 2005 at 6:25pm

Nice fight guys  Grin

IP Logged

Qetuth
YaBB Administrator

Reply #111 - Jul 16th, 2005 at 7:07am

I really like the new system. I was rather worried about being in division 1, but I'm surprising myself. Even for a relative beginner stuck in D1, it is better that every position now counts (at least for the top 25 positions). It sometimes put me off in other seasons when I would do a good improvement to go from 0 to 0 points, or 1 to 1, so I think I'm trying harder with this system Smiley

I know I'm entering the conversation a bit late, but busy times and holidays will vary between people so it really doesnt make sense (to me) to change the 1 week system for anyone other than Yariv Wink. I think though I am one of the only southern hemisphere players. Maybe I am the only one at all?

It looks like the MM seasons (which I expect to see you all in) will start and end halfway through each NS one. I really like the sunday afternoon (for me) deadline, since I often set better times with only a few minutes to go, but maybe it would be an idea to skew the week starts as well so the two tounaments start on different days of the week? What do you all think?

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #112 - Jul 16th, 2005 at 10:48am

Sorry, Qetuth, for counting you into the European group within my post some days ago. Don't know which profile I watched instead of yours Wink.

About the sessions: I'm quite satisfied with the current status of Sunday morning (my time) ending one session. And due to reasons of continuity and remembering more easily, I'd prefer keeping the current system of the deadline always being at the same point of the week.

IP Logged

Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
Reply #113 - Jul 16th, 2005 at 11:29am

Good point from Qetuth - I'd like to stagger MM and Nonosweeper tournaments too, now I think about it. Nonosweeper ones will stay where they so I expect MM tournaments will start/end in the middle of the week.

Incidentally the number of divisions is dependent on the number of players the previous season so there will never be large group with no points for more than 1 season. At the start of a new season, the lowest division will always contain between 8 and 15 players.

And nobody will be "stuck" in the wrong division for long as two players go up and two down each season - this should make the battle for 6th as interesting as that for first! Grin

For anyone who follows the Premier League, I support West Bromwich Albion so I know all about the joy of surviving a relegation battle! Wink

Gero: I really like this week's board, good suggestion!

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #114 - Jul 16th, 2005 at 1:02pm

@Yariv: Thanks, I hope that you like the other boards I suggested as good as this one.
I hope the others also like this board, instead of Stephan perhaps, who likes the larger ones more, right?

About MM: I also hope that the Nonosweepers will play the MM tournaments. As they wanted Minesweeper people to play Nono tournys, the few MM players would like the Nono players now to join MM tournys. With more people playing it'll be more fun for all.
And I also think that it would be pretty good to start MM tournys on Wendsday or a day around it.

IP Logged

hexx

I play speed up free!

Reply #115 - Jul 21st, 2005 at 4:56pm

It is funny! Grin

I was bored, so i decided to play current tounament and in just five minutes i did : Shocked

« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2006 at 2:03pm by hexx »  

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #116 - Jul 22nd, 2005 at 6:07pm

Wow, what an easy board. I already wondered how you can get a 12  ???. But now, I see. Maybe, even I would have finished that in 13 or 14.

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #117 - Aug 1st, 2005 at 7:50am

Hey sweepers!!!

Qetuth and I told you some time ago that Mallet Mania tournaments have begun. 3 days are left for the first tournament, but no one of you has tried until now, to compete with the few people, who uploaded their scores. It would be really nice, if you would join the MM tournaments. I know that some of you have already a MM account, so you can download the newest version of MM to play the tournaments. And for those who don't have an account yet, contact Yariv, he might give you one.

So please, try it out so the game might get more popular. And I bet, MM tournaments will make as much fun as the Nono tournaments.

Hope to see some of you playing MM in future!!! Smiley

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #118 - Aug 1st, 2005 at 7:17pm

Gero, hopefully, you'll spend too much time playing MM tournaments, so I can catch up to you in Nonosweeper. Btw, I won't compete, as I don't find MM as fascinating as Nonosweeper and as I decided to play less as I'm a 28-aged guy with a life besides computer games Wink

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #119 - Aug 1st, 2005 at 9:25pm

Ahh, I understand. The life besides computer games you mentioned must be the work. Grin

Well, lets calculate a bit:
8 hours sleeping =>16 hours left
8 hours working  =>  8 hours left
3 hours for other things like going to work, cleaning your home, eating or talking to other people (e.g. Nono forum Smiley) => 5 hours left

You see? You should have 5 hours for free time. I must say, I'm happy you don't use this time to practise Nono and beat my scores. But your life besides computer games doesn't take you so much time away that you aren't able to play games at least some hours.
This is argumentation!!! Wink Grin

Oops, I forgot why I posted here:
It's bad that you don't like to play MM tournaments, but you aren't the only one who has an account and could try out this game. What's up with the others? Come on, try this game. It's really nice!!! And those who don't have an account, contact Yariv. 2 days are left, until the first tournament in MM ends. And currently only 6 people uploaded their scores. Some more would be really nice.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 27
Send Topic Print