Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simplism Games Simplism Games
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Welcome to Nonosweeper! (Read 27306 times)
Jon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Welcome to Nonosweeper!
Reply #45 - Jan 13th, 2005 at 1:06pm

Thanks for the comments on my 1. It's not that hard to get a 2 second game. I've managed 5 2's in three minutes. You just need to take some chances instead of "over-analyzising" both the vertical and horizontal clues.

IP Logged

Roliamant

Nono cures Minesweeper
addictions as substitute!

Bielefeld, Germany
Reply #46 - Jan 13th, 2005 at 10:55pm

Yep, exactly. That was my playing style before your post anyways, but it was good that you've shown me that 1s is statistically easier than I thougt. So I've been playing beginner yesterday night with the aim to stop at 1 s.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Jon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #47 - Jan 15th, 2005 at 3:06pm

Congrats with your new beginner record, then. How many 2's did you get before that 1?

IP Logged

Roliamant

Nono cures Minesweeper

Bielefeld, Germany
Reply #48 - Jan 16th, 2005 at 11:09am

Thanks. Smiley Not many I have to admit. I think around 9. I got 24 right now. Doesn't come close to your statistics. And congrats to Stephan for getting a 2 at last.  Smiley

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #49 - Jan 17th, 2005 at 8:14pm

Congrats to Roland and Jon for their 1's. Roland, your 19 is awesome!

And thanks for mentioning my 2. I played hard for about one hour until I finally got that 2. My beginner statistics (2x1, 3x22) and yours have lots of parallelity, with the only (but important Sad) difference that I'm 1 second slower in general...

IP Logged

Roliamant

Nono cures Minesweeper

Bielefeld, Germany
Reply #50 - Jan 18th, 2005 at 12:07am

I think I screwed up the parallelity today, Stephan. I achieved 126 2s (135 total) in 5 days now. Around 70 of them today and even 3 waiting for the page to load. Even got another 1s.  Cheesy Screenie is on my page. Sweep it, guys...

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #51 - Jan 18th, 2005 at 6:32am

Yes, you really did. But I stopped playing beginner immediately after getting my 2, so it's probably not really comparable...

IP Logged

Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
Reply #52 - Jan 20th, 2005 at 7:32am

This thread is getting a bit unwieldy, so feel free to open new threads when you like.

I've just opened a new one with an announcement about my programming activities!

I'd also like to ask Nonosweeper players to please rate the program at Download.com, link below. Thanks! Grin
http://www.download.com/Nonosweeper/3000-2111_4-10342984.html

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Jon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #53 - Jan 25th, 2005 at 4:22pm

It's nice that minesweepers don't completely dominate the list. This Gero seems to have improved a lot lately, and I never saw him on the minesweeper sites. Does anyone know more about him and his background (just curious).

Well, it seems that he actually has been playing minesweeper indeed. Should have checked his profile first.

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #54 - Jan 25th, 2005 at 5:33pm

Gero Wälz is a young German sweeper who has improved a lot (1-17-65 now), so he is a decent sweeper at all. He and his friends set up the B.O.M.B. minesweeper clan site where you can find a real profile as well.

So, finally, the non-sweepers are still very rare (what about Maruda?)...

IP Logged

Gero

Germany - Ingolstadt
Reply #55 - Jan 29th, 2005 at 5:23pm

@Jon: I never was on Minesweeper Sites before, becaue I wasn't able to play the Clone version. On my old PC i was slower playing the Clone instead of the Windows versions. After my friends and I started our own homepage we got in contact to other Sweepers like Elmar and Stephan and many others who (especially Elmar) encouraged me and my friend to send the times to Gregoire. So I started with pretty good times.
I started Nonosweeper in November, but never played a lot. But in the beginnig of 2005, I really got crazy on this game. Cheesy
@Stephan: My current records are 1-16-64!!!! That's a big improvement Smiley
« Last Edit: Feb 2nd, 2005 at 2:17pm by Gero »  

IP Logged

Jon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #56 - Feb 10th, 2005 at 2:47pm

Congrats to all recent record breakers. I've improved a little myself. Got this wonderful 21 second board on intermediate. It can be seen on my home site:

http://jontrans.0catch.com

I think I remember vaguely how I solved it. I started in the upper left corner, and cleared the first column. Then I noticed that the downmost row must have it's mines next to the edges (because the eight column has a mine on the bottom). I solved that row, and went on to solve the eight column. I think I switched to no-flagging here, and just solved the rows 1 to 7 in order. That must be close to the most efficient way of solving that board. 8)

I hope to play a little more nonosweeper in the future, but have spent a little more time on internet poker lately. Still haven't tried it with real cash, though.

IP Logged

Kire
YaBB Newbies

Impossible is nothing!

Bulgaria, Sofia
Idea
Reply #57 - Feb 11th, 2005 at 2:05pm

To Yariv//
1.I think it would be heplful if in the "Best Times" section there is 5th subsection named "Today's"(next to best times,rankings,records history and list of users),containing a list of all daily scores,taken from the "This month" list.In this way it won't be a daily ranking but just a clearer view of the daily scores  Wink 

2.Is there way(or its erased)to see the previous month(s) ranking(s)?

IP Logged

Kire
YaBB Newbies

Impossible is nothing!

Bulgaria, Sofia
"..."
Reply #58 - Feb 11th, 2005 at 2:19pm

aff,,I forgot to include something...
"...all daily scores,taken from the 4 "This month" lists AND the current tournament ranking." Grin

IP Logged

Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
Reply #59 - Feb 12th, 2005 at 12:39am

I think both of those can probably be done - I'll put  them on my list! Grin

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print