Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simplism Games Simplism Games
  Welcome to our forum.
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Welcome to Nonosweeper! (Read 27305 times)
Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
Averaged rankings
Reply #30 - Dec 23rd, 2004 at 11:39am

I agree, particularly because it will add more competition!
What about people who have only uploaded 2 or 3 scores per level? Should those scores be averaged, or averaged but with a penalty added, or that person not included in the rankings until they have enough scores (because I think some people, especially those not near the top of the table, might not want to have to complete Expert 10 times before being ranked)?

Incidentally the Nonosweeper team is staying with his mum for Christmas & New Year so updates/replies will be slow until about Jan 10th!

Happy Christmas Nonosweepers!

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Re: Welcome to Nonosweeper!
Reply #31 - Dec 23rd, 2004 at 6:31pm

Indeed, it would be better if one can be listed without having 10 games in a special level. I propose a penalty time. I'll think about a good type of penalty.

Merry Christmas!

IP Logged

seb frenchnonosweeperfan!

Reply #32 - Dec 27th, 2004 at 6:30pm

yariv you're a god!!you're my god!
what a game! what a genius you are!
since i kno this game i don't sleep!
the competition always the ranting!!
a question: is there a way to get the version pro because i haven"t got any credit cards!!!!
i want it!!

IP Logged

Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
Reply #33 - Dec 29th, 2004 at 11:56am

Thanks Seb, I do my best! Smiley

If anyone wants the Pro version but doesn't have a credit card, please send me an e-mail and we'll work something out. I don't want to stop any real fans from getting the game!

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Jon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #34 - Jan 3rd, 2005 at 7:46pm

Hi everyone. I thought it's about time that I make a post in the forum. I've started rebuilding my minesweeper site, and I put up some screenshots of my best games. They can be seen here:

http://jontrans.0catch.com

Has anyone else published nonosweeper material on their home sites? Does anyone record their games with Camtasia or a similar program? I haven't bothered doing that yet. Yesterday I improved my intermediate record from 29 to 24 seconds. Nice jump indeed. I finally managed a decent expert time too, after being "stuck" on 120 seconds for a while.

Congrats to everyone with their records. It seems to be a lot of minesweepers in the top 8)

Does anyone play intermediate unmarked? I figure that if I get "the Dreamboard" ( any nice board with some special properties, really ),  it might pay off to play without marks. Normally I mark 80-90 % on intermediate, 100 % on bigger boards. Unmarked on beginner, of course Grin

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #35 - Jan 7th, 2005 at 3:20pm

Normally, I play int with at least 95% marks. If one gets a lucky game, one can still stop marking in the end when everything is obvious.

Another thing, mainly to the address of Yariv: All those coming from minesweeper are, I think, fans of Camtasia screenvideos. Camtasia can be used for nonosweeper as well, of course, but as the size of the nonosweeper window is changing from game to game, sometimes, a part of the board is missing, sometimes, one records parts of the background. Therefore, I would appreciate a built-in video recording tool which allows to make videos of one's games "automatically". What do you think? Would that be a big effort for you?

IP Logged

Roliamant

Nono cures Minesweeper
addictions as substitute!

Bielefeld, Germany
Reply #36 - Jan 8th, 2005 at 2:05pm

Hi there... I flag same as Stephan I guess. Speed at the end with noflagging. At Jon: I've already started making some nice videos. I'd like putting my 78 vid on my homepage, but I don't know if there is a way via html or anything to upload something as a download link. Cause I got no knowledge in this case and only use an easy designer not supporting this function. I do not think I would upload my intervideos since there is too much strategy that can be copied in there I guess. But I got no problem in giving new fans of this game some tips in record-breaking. So happy nonosweeping to all of you. And Stephan: Enjoy being a world record genius. Sure feels good. Wink

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #37 - Jan 8th, 2005 at 3:24pm

@Roli: Of course, I enjoy Grin. On the other hand, I'm astonished every day how you can get low 20s in intermediate.

About your video: Why don't you make a Nonosweeper video section on your own HP?

(nur am Rande: Find's immer irgendwie lächerlich, wenn sich zwei Deutsche auf Englisch hin und her schreiben Wink)

IP Logged

Roliamant

Nono cures Minesweeper

Bielefeld, Germany
Reply #38 - Jan 8th, 2005 at 3:45pm

Okay, I think I found a way via an ftp-server and a normal link. So my remodelled homepage will soon host a few videos.

Stephan: Du hast natürlich Recht. Die Videosection s.o. war ja gemeint. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #39 - Jan 9th, 2005 at 9:12am

I'll make some Nonosweeper section as well for my homepage - hopefully today so that tomorrow, everyone can read some facts about my nonosweeper career.

To those who wonder how a 63 in expert is possible: After playing that board, it's obvious that in nonosweeper (as well in MS minesweeper), there are "dreamboards" who deserve such a name on every single square. This special expert I got my 63 on didn't have a single guessing situation, but did have lots of rows, columns, and parts of the two which could be solved in one "act of going through the whole line". I'll publish the screenshot as soon as possible

IP Logged

Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
The Nonosweeper Team has returned from his holiday
Reply #40 - Jan 10th, 2005 at 12:52pm

Hi all! Sorry about my recent absence. Did everyone have a good Christmas? Mine wasn't bad. Roll Eyes
I'll start doing the upgraded rankings system soon, and I'm also very nearly ready to release a new game in the same mould as Nonosweeper/Minesweeper. Cheesy

Big congratulations to Roli and Stephan (x2!) for not only getting new world records, but also for being so far ahead of even the second-placed players!  Shocked
Hope everyone else doesn't get discouraged (I already have!)

Adding an automatic video recording option looks like a lot of work (meaning that I'd have to learn how to do it first). I will add it to my list of improvements to make, but don't hold your breath...
I wonder if there's a way to trim Camtasia videos after you've made them?

I'm also very pleased that people are adding Nonosweeper info, pics and videos to their home pages - I'm making a new thread to list all of these as I think people will be interested, so please add your link and a description if you make one!

Also thanks everyone for bringing the forums to life and making Nonosweeper a success.

Happy Sweeping!

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #41 - Jan 10th, 2005 at 4:31pm

> Big congratulations to Roli and Stephan (x2!) for not only getting new world records, but also for being so far ahead of even the second-placed players!   

Thank you. But don't give up. Everyone can get a good or even a dreamboard, so the records might be fast, but possibly not fast enough to stay for eternity Wink

> Adding an automatic video recording option looks like a lot of work (meaning that I'd have to learn how to do it first).

Rodrigo Camargo (see link in the minesweeper section of my HP) included an auto-recording option in his minesweeper clone. Maybe, he can give you some hints.

> I wonder if there's a way to trim Camtasia videos after you've made them?

I've already checked out that, but didn't find anything useful.

> Also thanks everyone for bringing the forums to life and making Nonosweeper a success.

We have to thank for inventing a really GREAT game!

IP Logged

Jon
YaBB Newbies

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #42 - Jan 11th, 2005 at 10:12am

Yesss. I finally managed a 1 on beginner after 115 2's during the last two weeks;D Screenshot can be seen here:

http://jontrans.0catch.com/beg-1.gif

Since I don't expect to get a 0 anytime soon (or ever, really), I'll give a few hints to those that would like a better beginner time. If you play it right, it should be possible to get 3 seconds on an average board. One thing to have in mind, is that beginner is small enough that you can count on a little luck. I try to solve the boards without looking at the "vertical numbers". If the first row for example is 1-2, I assume that the 1 is next to the left edge, and the 2 is next to the right edge. Then I just have to hold down the mouse button and drag the mouse over the three squares in between.  It's only right one of six times, but when it is, you save a LOT of time. When I have solved the first row, I proceed to the second and so on.

Marking is a waste of time, of course, and you should start solving the board at once. You don't have time to consider if the board is worth playing if you want to get a 1.

BTW: Congrats to Stephan. 63 sounds like an amazing expert time. I'll check out the screenshot if you have published it yet.

IP Logged

Roliamant

Nono cures Minesweeper

Bielefeld, Germany
Reply #43 - Jan 11th, 2005 at 6:37pm

Okay, since today I think I can say that I'm close to sub-20. Smiley I managed a 21, 4 x 22s and a lot of 23s today. Out of respect to Jon taking out anonymity and impossibility of the 1 in beginner I decided to put a 21 video on my hp as well. Maybe it'll help some of you. Otherwise I'm so damn angry and sad, cause I got a (the) dreamboard in beginner today and only managed a 2. Probably I missed my only chance with it. I'll upload the screenshot to my page as well. Happy sweeping...

IP Logged

Roliamant

Nono cures Minesweeper

Bielefeld, Germany
Reply #44 - Jan 11th, 2005 at 9:04pm

Jep, and another 20. My HP got changed, but I think the video links don't work. Does anyone know, why? They should be on my ftp-server: ftp://myhometown.aol.com/rseibt ; ??? Thx.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print