Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simplism Games Simplism Games
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Welcome to Nonosweeper! (Read 27301 times)
Ofer

rankings
Reply #15 - Oct 30th, 2004 at 6:56pm

how do you get into world ranking ???
my score is better than some listed  Angry

IP Logged

Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
Upgrade to v1.21
Reply #16 - Oct 31st, 2004 at 9:37am

I've fixed a few small bugs in Nonosweeper and Nonosweeper Pro, so you can download the latest versions now.
If you have a Pro account, there is now a link on the Nonosweeper Pro page to get the latest version.

Ofer: to get on the world ranking table, you need Nonosweeper Pro ([url]http://www.nonosweeper.com/pro.html[/url])

Luca: Blimey! :o

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Foster

Re: Welcome to Nonosweeper!
Reply #17 - Nov 5th, 2004 at 10:50pm

Congratulations on the genius time Yariv. It's amazing how the times get so much better every day... I see you are building quite a following here. Keep it up.

Any thoughts of developing even bigger levels?

The more the better in my opinion.

IP Logged

Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
Reply #18 - Nov 6th, 2004 at 8:48am

Thanks! I'm getting thrashed on the other levels, but Genius is still my kingdom Grin

I'll see what I can do about bigger levels. The best times page is getting a bit crowded though - I might do a "special levels" section! (When I get around to it...)

Don't forget to check out my Nonograms software World of CryptoPics ( http://www.yarivh.com/cryptopics/ ) which lets you make and play huge Nonograms!

The Administrator.
IP Logged

kamo

Reply #19 - Nov 18th, 2004 at 2:22pm

haw to get(beginner) 1sec ??? ??? ??? ???

IP Logged

Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
v1.22 released
Reply #20 - Nov 22nd, 2004 at 1:10pm

Hello... As you'll see, Nonosweeper.com is changing hosting providers. Sorry about the disruption. Undecided

For this reason and various others, sometimes users' scores have failed to upload correctly, and previously there was no way to go back and try again unless you'd copied the URL before clicking "upload". In version 1.22 of both Nonosweeper and Nonosweeper Pro, the last URL uploaded will also be saved on disk (as "LastURL.txt") so that if the upload doesn't succeed, you can try again later.
Upgrade now if you want to use this feature.

Please let me know if you find any bugs on the website due to the server move...

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
Weightings
Reply #21 - Dec 1st, 2004 at 7:59am

I'm thinking of changing the weightings slightly as 10x on beginner makes it very hard to catch up with the other levels. Mind you, a 2-second player deserves a good lead over a 3-second player, for example, so I don't want to make it too low. I suggest 8x for beginner, what does everyone think?

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #22 - Dec 1st, 2004 at 8:27pm

As some of you know, I've never been a fan of the weighted rankings. Certainly, you must be able to click VERY fast to get a 2 or even a 1 (still can't believe that) on beginner, but it's not the main skill of the game. So, I suggest a provocant weighting of 5-2-1...

IP Logged

Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
Nonosweeper Tournaments!
Reply #23 - Dec 2nd, 2004 at 1:32pm

Nonosweeper Pro users can now play tournaments! I've been working on this feature for the past few days and it's likely to still have some bugs in it, so comments and reports are very welcome. Anyway, give it a try! Grin

In reply to the suggestion of 5-2-1 weightings: although it isn't in my best interests since I'm hopeless at intermediate, I personally think a weighting of 3 times the expert score is better than 2, particularly looking at the spreads of the top scores for those two levels. The beginner weighting is a tough call though!

The Administrator.
IP Logged

lizburrow
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Dec 6th, 2004 at 6:55pm

i have been spending hours playing nonosweeper on a daily basis since i downloaded it   8)
i think it is far too good to just charge $5.99 for registration - any chance of your adding a "donate" button to the website so people can pay extra if they really like the game  Grin

i'm still a few clicks off completing the genius level and am developing lots of strategies, but wonder just how it is someones managed to complete the beginner level in 1 second   ???
are there any cheats/easter eggs built into the game ?
not that i'd consider cheating  Roll Eyes

keep up the good work Yariv, this is TOTALLY the best game i've played on computer for many many years, probably since chuckie egg actually ( on my old beeb).  one complaint though from my husband,
he wonders what i'm doing with the weird squares game for hours on end - this is from someone who uses ms train sim  Undecided

ciao for now

best wishes

Liz

IP Logged

Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
Reply #25 - Dec 7th, 2004 at 9:40am

Thanks for the praise, Liz! Grin

A "donate" link sounds like a great idea (specially as I've recently paid for a new web host and a download.com listing for Nonosweeper so I've made a loss on it so far!) so I've added one at the bottom of the main and best times pages; everyone feel free to use it as often as you like!
Or use this link:
https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=info%40nonosweeper.com

Another good way to help the site is to tell all your friends about it and get them addicted too - and better still ask anyone you know with a website to link to Nonosweeper.com.
Mind you, I'm grateful to all users just for playing the game and making things more competitive  Wink

There aren't any cheats or easter eggs in the game, and I've done my best to stop people cheating/hacking so the best times table reflects the genuine records. I'd be happy to put easter eggs in though, if you want!

I can't say for sure how 1 second on beginner was achieved, but I believe it's possible, even if it requires playing the game thousands of times until the right grid comes up, e.g.:
XXX000
XXXXXX
XXXXXX
XXXXXX
XXXXXX
This can be done in 1 second, I guess.

Anyway, thanks again Liz - I hope to see you on the Genius scoreboard soon!

Oh, I almost forgot - have you tried World of CryptoPics? It has even more "weird squares" than Nonosweeper!
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2004 at 11:37am by Yariv »  

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
Today's updates
Reply #26 - Dec 7th, 2004 at 11:31am

1) I've added points for tournament placings, so even those with little chance of winning a tournament (like me!) have something to play for.
2) I've changed the ranking weightings to 8-3-1 as I proposed before, since nobody seemed to object!
8)

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Foster

Reply #27 - Dec 9th, 2004 at 10:46am

Having checked the nonosweeper best times and quickly cross-referenced it with the records for minesweeper, i can see that there are some remarkable similarities. This also leads me to the conclusion that i need to improve my technique more than anything else here, because there is no way in hell i could get less than 100 seconds on the expert level of minesweeper. Not even close. I am under the impression that my fingers are just not fast enough, but that can't be right.

So, where are the tips and hints on how to achieve good times, because my mouse is tired of taking the blame for everything here...

IP Logged

Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
Strategy guide
Reply #28 - Dec 9th, 2004 at 11:00am

Good question - anyone want to write a strategy guide, and I'll put it up on the site?

I'll open a new thread for game hints and requests for hints as well, so everyone please post all your secrets  Grin

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Stephan
YaBB Administrator

1-12-56-161

Munich, Germany
Reply #29 - Dec 21st, 2004 at 1:58pm

Hi Nonosweeper Fans,

as it becomes more and more difficult to beat the top times, I suggest a new form of ranking: For every level, a player get a "Best Average" score by adding his personal Top10 times. So, a "lucky punch" would count as much as now, because you need 10 lucky punches (which obviously aren't lucky anymore then) to have a really low Top10 Total.

Example:
Player 1 Beginner:
3+3+3+3+3+4+4+4+4+4 = 35

Player 2 Beginner:
2+4+4+4+4+4+4+4+4+4=38

So, player 2 is listed in front of player 1 in the normal ranking, even if he obviously had one single lucky game. In contrary to him, player 1 seems to be able to finish more constantly in a low time.

Maybe, this would give some new competition to the rankings... What do you think?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print