Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Simplism Games Simplism Games
  Signup for free on our forum and benefit from new features!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Welcome to Nonosweeper! (Read 27296 times)
Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
Welcome to Nonosweeper!
Sep 11th, 2004 at 5:16pm

Hi there, fans! Grin
So what do you think of Nonosweeper, then? And is anyone ever going to get close to my time on Expert?
Post whatever you like on this forum! (As long as it's not grossly offensive - I MIGHT allow slightly offensive).

A special shout goes to Gadget for getting me a big fan base in Bulgaria! His site is at www.setcom.bg, and although I have no idea what it says (the online Bulgarian-English translator doesn't fare much better either), it's probably great! Wink

Yariv

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Gadget
Ex Member

Re: Welcome to Nonosweeper!
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2004 at 6:57pm

Setcom.bg is a IT news website. I'm not an owner, just news editor and one of the forum administrators Smiley

The highscore for Expert is difficult to be beaten. But when I have time I'll try Smiley

Please change the way to publish newest equal times first, because now everyone is resetting the highscore to create a new one to become first Smiley

IP Logged

Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
Reply #2 - Sep 11th, 2004 at 7:18pm

Good point about the high scores - I'll sort it out tomorrow. Undecided
I've just this minute got a better score for Expert, but I'm not posting it in the table because I don't want to scare off any potential challengers  Grin
With a lot of practice, it's possible to beat that score by a good margin, I reckon!

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
Reply #3 - Sep 12th, 2004 at 6:06am

Erk! Gadget, I've deleted your user name! Shocked Sorry! I'm not used to this forum software yet Embarrassed

Anyway, I've changed the "upload time" routine so that an equal score with the same name isn't updated. Someone could still get to the top by resetting scores, playing again and getting an equal score and inserting it with a different name, but if they can get that score twice they might as well go for the extra second with their own name Smiley

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Philip Nedev aka S.P. BG

Reply #4 - Sep 13th, 2004 at 6:23pm

i  beated your score Yariv
now it's your turn

IP Logged

Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
Reply #5 - Sep 13th, 2004 at 6:37pm

Nice one Philip!
I see I've got some competition on Expert at last!
245 is a great score, but I'm sure I can beat it... just give me a day or two!  Wink

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
Woo hoo!
Reply #6 - Sep 13th, 2004 at 6:46pm

Or give me a MINUTE or two! Grin
Beat THAT!! 206!!

The Administrator.
IP Logged

LordZALE

Reply #7 - Sep 14th, 2004 at 9:00am

I love this game so much. It is a huge improvement on the oldschool minesweeper.

IP Logged

Morgan
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Oct 6th, 2004 at 8:39pm

Hi guys, I've no idea how you do this timings, but the point is that I complete the Genius level and there is only one other that has do that. Is that what you can  Grin. Common, show us some good gaming.

IP Logged

Foster

Reply #9 - Oct 13th, 2004 at 6:53pm

Think i am losing my vision here. Excellent game, thank you very much. Preparing myself mentally for the expert level. Can't even find the genius level. Maybe that's a sign...

Foster

IP Logged

Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
Reply #10 - Oct 13th, 2004 at 7:03pm

Hi all - and thanks for your interest in Nonosweeper! For those wondering about Genius level, the online stats pages and so on... Nonosweeper Pro will be released at the start of next week, probably for five dollars.  8)
http://www.nonosweeper.com/pro.html

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
Reply #11 - Oct 23rd, 2004 at 1:01pm

Hey, how do you like the new Rankings tables?  Roll Eyes Congrats to Stephan for topping the list, but I haven't given up yet!

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Morgan
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Oct 25th, 2004 at 7:46pm

I think i'ts great, and I'm very happy that I'm on 22th place

2 minutes later, 18th place...

IP Logged

piman
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Oct 25th, 2004 at 8:12pm

I like the rankings, and particularly the weighted rankings.  I'm wondering, however, if there might be a more optimal weight relationship between the levels?

~Lloyd

IP Logged

Yariv
YaBB Administrator

I love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Japan
Reply #14 - Oct 26th, 2004 at 3:42pm

Good question, Lloyd - I'm inclined to think that the answer to it is "no, there isn't," although I'm open to suggestions!
You can probably imagine what would happen if the weighted totals of the levels were worth about the same - beginner*40 or something would leave the beginner scores so volatile as to render the other ones meaningless. In my opinion, a difference of 1 second on beginner is worth about 10 seconds on expert - the real reason I chose 1, 3, 10 is because they are nice round numbers that seemed about right and still left the order of importance of the levels the same, but I think those numbers are working pretty well.
I don't think there's a more precise way to do it than simply weighting it by how important one second of improvement feels on each level, but if you have any ideas, let me know!

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print